Search results

1. HyKlas

Ak's 2017 Secret Santa Sign up complete, Now what did you get?

Here's mine! And here's a serving suggestion...
  2. HyKlas

DIY Stereo Tube Amp Value?

All the mono stuff in that photo is gone. One was a Dyna, one Fisher, one Quad, and one Heathkit. All electrically identical to the original amp just placed in a DIY chassis for some strange reason... The stereo unit is plug 'n' play ready. I haven't checked date codes on any of the caps but it...
  3. HyKlas

It's one of my dust collectors here... I tried for a while to figure out what circuit it was based off but was unsuccessful. Also had a thread going on the transformer identification but that didn't turn anything up either. Guess I'll pop one of those covers off and see if there's any ID marking...
  4. HyKlas

Not sure about this one. Unknown power and output transformers, raw aluminum chassis, disk getter RCA EL84s that test strong, seems to be a fairly recent build... No 5AR4 included. Front left in photo...
  5. HyKlas

Argonne Turntable with Fairchild 225-A and Pickering 371 in Cleveland!

Or you could think of it as buying the arm and everything else is nearly free... Grey clone tonearms are worth a good chunk. Just took a look at mine and the motor comes out easily. Check the commutator and brushes.
  6. HyKlas

What are these $150 vintage speakers? ID please

Was a good price before, one that might have made a sale. Now not so much... It's just a 12" woofer, nothing special. And ugly as Hell...
  7. HyKlas

Barzilay console

I managed to get $50 for my empty console but it took over a month to do it. They fit in the back of a Prius if anyone was wondering...
  8. HyKlas

Neil Young equipment auction Dec 9

Anyone make it over there? With the fire up here and our payroll getting jacked up :mad: this week, it just wasn't a good time for me...
  9. HyKlas

What are these $150 vintage speakers? ID please

They're University for sure...
  10. HyKlas

So Cal Fire---- AK

Thank you for the concern. We're okay... The fire was held to the area 2 blocks above us. What was concerning me most was the fire up on Cobblestone Dr., that's catty-corner from my neighborhood and the winds were blowing right towards us. Crazy how many fires are taking place down here right...
  11. HyKlas

Keep Santa Paula & Ventura CA in your thoughts!

We got lucky on this one. I'm sure it was due partly to the efforts of our brave fire fighters! It was very very close. Some of our friends weren't so lucky... Just don't have words to describe the last 24hrs. It's absolutely awful.
  12. HyKlas

Keep Santa Paula & Ventura CA in your thoughts!

The town we call home, Ventura CA, is part of a 31,000 acre blaze. My thoughts are already going out to those who've lost, the number of structure fires are mounting quickly. The soundtrack is surreal. Like war... Helicopters flying, gas explosions, it's chaos. I live right up this road here...
  13. HyKlas

Reliving my childhood with an ATC 70...

Lots of good memories... A few not so good but still fond ones as well. My first injury was riding on the back of my neighbor's Big Red. He had telephone poles sticking out of the ground to slalom his horses through and we were doing the same on the trike. Had my feet sticking out and caught...
  14. HyKlas

Someone buy this pile of Infinity speakers...

Rick Cobb - rcobb@tampabay.rr.com
  15. HyKlas

The Importance of Seasonal Listening Decor

That's a nice collection of Santas... What the heck is happening on that tv though?
  16. HyKlas

Reasonable offer for Macro Tech 5002VZ?

There is no asking price and it's cosmetically very clean. While I'm sure the XTi stuff is nice, it's a switch-mode amp loaded with surface mount devices and ICs. The Macro Tech series was the last of the real Crown before Harman mucked it up... ;)
  17. HyKlas

Estate Sale: what do you think the best buys might be?

In the meantime, get those EL34s tested, sell the Tung Sol, and get another RCA (which should be a rebadged Mullard) to replace it. Someone has been in the amp once already. Those PIO caps aren't original... Check the date code on the can and see if someone has replaced the selenium rectifier...
  18. HyKlas

Someone buy this pile of Infinity speakers...

12 surrounds* The mids will need them too. So will the woofers in the bookshelf speakers and so will the subs and so will the center channel. Maths maths maths.... 18 surrounds! Get comfy, that's gonna take a while. :thumbsup: The grills come off the subs. Just take a 1" or so putty knife and...
  19. HyKlas

Reasonable offer for Macro Tech 5002VZ?

Can snag a Crown Macro 5002VZ but it has a "power supply issue". I guess it powers on but doesn't make any noise. Don't really want another project amp but I've kind of been keeping an eye out for one of these. Possible subwoofer duty... Don't want to lowball the guy but neither of us know...
  20. HyKlas

You did good. :thumbsup: Wonder what that ST70 had in it for power tubes... :idea:
  21. HyKlas

That Dynaco isn't an SCA35 integrated amplifier at all, it's a PAS3 preamplifier. So yes, you could use that preamplifier as a preamplifier for the ST70 power amplifier. ;)
  22. HyKlas

2001 Savana / Repair or replace ?

Well, cooling systems get pressurized when warmed up. If it leaks, it's gonna leak warm and 20min is plenty of time to warm it up. ;) That's a lot of work all on one vehicle. Want me to quote you the hours for heads using my Mitchell guide tomorrow? Give you a ballpark of what a shop is going...
  23. HyKlas

Can you identify these?

Realistic something or anothers...
  24. HyKlas

Wiring Two Amps to Two Speakers

Oh, that's on the speaker end... Had to read it again. I need to get out of here. o_O
  25. HyKlas

Wiring Two Amps to Two Speakers

So confused... The wire is long enough to reach the speaker but isn't long enough to reach the speaker terminals on the amp?
Back
Top Bottom