Search results

1. 3l3ctron

X-101-C Phono Section Is Squealing Badly

It worked perfectly fine last night for the hour that I was using it. Today it is passing no audio from the turntable from either phono 1 or 2. It is only making that awful noise. The first thing I did was swapped out the tubes with a good set. It made no difference. The other channels still...
  2. 3l3ctron

X-101-C McShane kit electronic restoration

I purchased the kit a few months ago, and now I’m getting started. This is the biggest job I’ve yet attempted, and can use the resident experts’ assistance here. I’ll be moving slow, because I love this machine and want to avoid mistakes. It’s the best sounding piece of equipment that I have...
  3. 3l3ctron

I got the mumps

So let's play inkblot test speaker edition :banana: #1
  4. 3l3ctron

Modifying the University Medallion XII Presence switch

I presently keep the presence switch in "normal" position; because, it fatigues my ears very quickly when engaged. It's overkill to me. However, I would like to dial in a lighter amount of those frequencies for listening to more modern music styles (80's and on pop/rock)...Electric guitars...
  5. 3l3ctron

Empire 3000 me/x

I bought a Pioneer PL-51 yesterday that came equipped with the Empire cartridge. I don't know much about it and haven't turned up much info searching around. It came with a Shure stylus installed that I'm sure doesn't belong with the cart. Opinions? Are there good aftermarket styli available...
  6. 3l3ctron

ELAC Miracord 10

I've had it for a few months. Upon bringing it home, I found that the stylus wouldn't track in a record's grooves. Today I finally removed the changer from the console. I cleaned and added new grease in the appropriate places, and reinstalled. After that, it would play until getting close to...
  7. 3l3ctron

Let's Play

...a game called: "In what movie or tv show is this Marantz seen?"
  8. 3l3ctron

University Medallion XII - guidance requested

I recently brought home a pair of these in nice cosmetic condition. Everything works although the controls are very dirty. I wish to rebuild the Xovers, but I haven't been able to find anything in a web search that offers more than a review of them. I want to get started. But, before I get...
  9. 3l3ctron

Super Pas 3 rebuild kit

Re: the phono section. MM or MC? Also, are there any provisions for a headphone out? I've been interested in doing this for a while...Thanks
  10. 3l3ctron

3l3ctron's SX-1250 restoration

First, I'd like to thank everyone who has already shared so much information here. It's from reading and rereading all of the other restoration/repair threads that I've come to believe I can do this. I have a little bit of electronics experience, but I've never done anything this extensive...
  11. 3l3ctron

5025b stereo cassette deck - questions

I scored this deck for $20 a week ago. Last night I installed the new belt kit I received in the mail from www.vintage-electronics.net. It played and sounded good after a quick test. Next up I want to replace the burned out meter and cassette lamps. The service manual clearly states...
  12. 3l3ctron

I bought this cheap at a garage sale 1 1/2 years ago. The guy who sold it to me said that it didn't work. It sat in my garage ever since until last week. At that time I tested all of the functions. Everything works except all of the lamps were burned out. I replaced them last night...
  13. 3l3ctron

BoomCase A-Team Van Speaker

:rockon::zoom: We love it when a plan comes together. The audio experts at BoomCase had a pretty awesome one when they decided to take this vintage A-Team van figurine and transform it into this sweet speaker equipped with 50watts of power, one 2-way 5.25" speaker + a dome tweeter for stereo...
  14. 3l3ctron

New JJ 7591S

Bought from a popular online auction site - new and "tested." Red plate within a few hours of being installed into my Scott LK-72. I read that these aren't well regarded for being prone to failure. Here's iPhone photo proof after just a couple minutes powered up.
  15. 3l3ctron

My garage system

About a month ago a local collector in my area had a big sale. Amongst the things I picked up from him are these items which now live in my garage. So, check it out - iPhone pics of my new garage system.
  16. 3l3ctron

Checking in from West Seattle

Hi, Everybody. I've been lurking long enough. I'm here because I love everything about music and have over and over again found myself reading from the mass pool of information, experience and opinion that's available here on these boards. When registration opened up earlier this...
Back
Top Bottom