Search results

1. J

Marantz 2220 Right Channel static/ low output

_Thank you so much_ for that suggestion. I was banging my head against the wall for what was causing this. Cleaning out the tape switch fixed it on my 2220B.
  2. J

Marantz 2220b restored with help from 3D printing (lots of pics!)

I haven't noticed the lights being too bright as much as being too blue. To me, it appears to be the same brightness, maybe a tad brighter. But I think there are a number of factors taking place for me. My old lamp housing was slightly warped and didn't have a perfect fit allowing light from...
  3. J

Alright, thank you very much. I'll probably spend time researching caps for a while (models/sizes/methods/brands(?)), order them, and then spend time working on it once December comes around (my next chance I'll have for uninterrupted work on the unit).
  4. J

Thank you! Additionally, thank you for that information. I just wasn't sure. The black caps seemed too different from the other caps. Curious; I know many users have different opinions about recaps. Some say that it should be done only if necessary while others claim that is should be done...
  5. J

(Part 2 of 2) It was too long for a single post! Here are a few photos of the final results. You can see the original lamp housing on the left, the failed (string and warped) print job in the middle, and then the final model on the far right. It's worth mentioning that the mode on the right...
  6. J

Now, I understand that some people like to have threads that show progress they've made before and after a project. I'm sorry to say that I don't have that many posts of the "before". I only thought about documentation half-way through. Without further delay, my (mostly restored?) Marantz 2220b...
Back
Top Bottom