Search results

1. H

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Just watched the Glen Campbell Alzheimer's special on CNN so I'm listening to Glen Campbell Live at the Royal Festival Hall. Herman
  2. H

How to remove marker from LP cover?

Lighter fluid (naptha). Can put it on a Kleenex and rub or put a little on the spot and rub with a Kleenex. It has taken marker off everything I've tried it on and hasn't hurt anything yet. Herman
  3. H

OK to double antennas?

In my humble experience, you probably won't get your best reception with both hooked up. Generally, all things radio perform their best when component impedances are matched. If your receiver, for instance, has a 300 ohm input, it will work best with a 300 ohm antenna connected. But if you...
  4. H

SO…how does this magic eye thing work?

I'm just curious as to why you don't want it. I always thought they were kinda neat. They're just another tubey thingy going on in a classic piece of tube equipment. Herman
  5. H

Another Panasonic find

Yes, I found that Technics when I was searching for a manual for mine. Mine is identical to the Technics shown, but is branded Panasonic. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow. Herman
  6. H

Another Panasonic find

Well, I cleaned all the pots and switches and it works fine! I'm impressed. It's just hooked to a set of bookshelf speakers, but it sounds good. Now I just have to clean it up inside and outside. No idea yet what I'll use it for. I've just gotta quit accumulating this stuff! Herman
  7. H

Another Panasonic find

I couldn't help buying it when I found a Panasonic SA-5500 receiver in a local thrift shop for $1.99 (plus I got a seniors discount). It looks great, even the wood cabinet seems perfect. It's cruddy from apparently sitting in someone's garage for years. I tried it there, turning the volume...
  8. H

I know I am going to get flamed for this - no player that skips tracks?

I have both the Technics SL-10 and SL-15 and really like them. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one. The Sharp Optonica RP-114VL. It's vertical load, two tone arms, plays both sides of the record, linear tracking and skips tracks. I picked it up in a thrift store and had to put a...
  9. H

Old Zenith Table rasio

SandyG, I know exactly what you mean. This ain't my first one. I have a pretty nice old Motorola that I think is older than this one that plays as well. I have a couple of old Heathkits and several of the plastic clock radios of various brands. They are hard to pass up. Artcuras, I agree...
  10. H

Old Zenith Table rasio

Yes, I plan to do that. It just ain't on the top of the list! Herman
  11. H

Old Zenith Table rasio

Old Zenith Table Radio Picked up this old Zenith last week. It's a Model X334 Long Distance Radio. Wonder of Wonders, it worked great. Looks good too. The speaker screen cloth has gone a little crooked over the years, but I'm gonna leave that as is. From what I can find, it's from 1957...
  12. H

My Sony problem

Binkman, thanks again for your input and thoughts. I have better amplifiers. My main system is all Setton. I have 3 or 4 Technics, at least 4 Pioneers, 1 good Realistic, 2 Sansuis, a Kenwood or two, several other Sonys and a number of others (I won't mention the Fishers). There are even...
  13. H

My Sony problem

Binkman - Thanks for your input. Eric - Unfortunately, there are no pots and only two switches on the power amp. One switch is X-1 and X-10 for the meter sensitivity and the other is for speaker selection (A or B or A+B). I tried the speakers and the switch in all positions with the same...
  14. H

My Sony problem

I posted in Dollars and Sense that I was able to pick up this Sony stack and remote for $20.00. I was told it was checked and worked OK. ST-JX411 Tuner TA-E611 Control Amp SEQ-411 Equalizer TA-N611 Power Amp RM-P312 Remote Well, today I hooked everything up and all works, but...
  15. H

My thrift store finds for today!

Well, I guess I need to move this out of Dollars and Sense. I hooked everything up and all works, but......... The power amp has a problem in the left channel. Volume is way down and staticy. Tried all I know including another preamp and the problem remains the same. Swapped components...
  16. H

Don't really know yet, but it's heavy. I downloaded all the manuals. It's rated at 150 watts per channel. It's one of those Audio/Video setups, but I have several of those already and I'm satisified with their sound/performance. Herman
  17. H

Measure twice, cut once...

As a fellow told me once, "I've cut it off three times and it's still too short!" Herman
  18. H

I was able to pick up this Sony stack and remote for $20.00. I was told it was checked and worked OK. I'll try it out tomorrow. ST-JX411 Tuner TA-E611 Control Amp SEQ-411 Equalizer TA-N611 Power Amp RM-P312 Remote Probably not some of Sony's best, but I'll bet it'll sound pretty...
  19. H

Unique Ideas for Casette (horizontal loading, cassette changer)

Some time back I picked up this Pioneer 6 cassette changer. A CT-M6R. Neat and works well. sorry for the crappy picture, I cleaned it up since then. Board won't let me attach the file. It says I've already uploaded it in this thread - http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=519231
  20. H

Another subject about cats.

Hmmm. Never heard that about Febreeze. I'll have to try that on several things! Herman
  21. H

Another subject about cats.

From the thread about cats on audio gear, it's obvious that a lot of us have cats. We have one. It has my wife's heart and soul. I have to admit, I really like her as well. Subject is - speaker grills. Anyone else have any problems with cat claws and speaker grills. While ours isn't a...
  22. H

Does this meet the requirements for a "scroe"?

Found yesterday at a roadside yard sale this Sansui R-950AV receiver for $5.00. Found also yesterday at a local thrift store this set of Sansui S-61U speakers for $10.00 All seems to work fine and sound good. I found a remote for the receiver online for 12.00 and I have it on order...
  23. H

Found an old Wollensak

That looks as though it might work, but I don't think I'll pay $21.00 (shipped) for a $3.00 machine that may not be salvageable. If I don't turn up something by the time I get around to checking it out, I'll just modify it. Herman
  24. H

First foray into Reel to Reel

I finally got my hands on a few used reels of tape yesterday. I just cleaned and demagged the heads and cleaned the tape paths and rollers. I fired it up and it seems to work fine. Pots do need cleaning though. All but one of the tapes I got had been recorded at a slower speed than this...
  25. H

Found an old Wollensak

Yes, he's doing a fine job. Wish I'd gotten the speakers with it. Herman
Back
Top Bottom