Search results

1. 300man

Apt Holman/Hafler vs Vintage Integrated and Receivers

I have no experience with Hafler Amps but do own a Apt Holman Pre and I am happy with the way it performs and sounds. I would say that the phono section is one of it's strong points. Was a little concerned with the stepped volume control prior to purchase never having used one. But it has been a...
  2. 300man

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Went to an Estate sale yesterday didn't expect much based on the pics on CL. But it was local so I went, saw 3 pairs of speakers recognizing one pair as KEF 104/2, wound up getting those for $50.00. Then saw a set of bookshelves in like new condition that turned out to be PSB image B25s which i...
  3. 300man

FINALLY, onwardjames gets his tube amp!!!

Wow this is good stuff! Dare I say life altering level...lol. Happy for you and what's to come!
  4. 300man

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gov%27t+mule+deep+end+vol+2+ Rock on!
  5. 300man

Speakers for good sound in a bad room.

I don't have a specific recommendation but in my experience a "bad room" would sound worse with most horn loaded speakers. ADS speakers or most with soft dome tweeters could work to your advantage. I have never owned line array speakers so can't help there.
  6. 300man

What is the quintessential speaker for each brand?

Mastering Labs - Big Red Urie - 813 Avid -102
  7. 300man

SVS subwoofer model difference

I would think that you will be happy with the SB1000 pro in a 10 x 10 room. If you move your system to a larger room in the future and feel the 1000 is lacking. A second 1000 would produce better more even bass then one single larger Sub.
  8. 300man

SVS subwoofer model difference

The 3 models are very similar but the main difference is in power output. The 1000 and 2000 share the same speaker with the 2000 having a more powerful built in amplifier. The 3000 has a 13 inch speaker with a even more powerful Amp. It is also capable of going a bit lower in the audio range...
  9. 300man

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2Mt3dp76i0NRtRkFDtMd6EbW-e5Q6XxJ Revel M22 with a newly added and very much liked SVS SB 1000 Sub.
  10. 300man

SS Amps That Will Run 2 Ohms

A lot of the Ashley MOSFET amps are rated down to 2 ohms if you look at there Specs. The power doubles all the way down to 2 ohms. They are mostly designed for theater applications and most have cooling fans. However they are very musical and sound excellent. Made in the NY.
  11. 300man

What's your latest audio purchase?

It's been 3 years since I replied here...have bought quite a few pieces of used gear to upgrade my two systems. But the latest is a new SVS open box SB1000 subwoofer. Upon delivery in the original box with all original packing it was in fact new! Very pleased with the integration, sound and...
  12. 300man

Ken M's music listening room

Well done and nice of you to invite others to hear the setup. Enjoy!
  13. 300man

My humble little systems

I always say you can never have to many speakers...Unless they start spilling outside the house/living space and are blocking the sidewalk/driveway lol. Enjoy!
  14. 300man

Tis the season - Favorite Christmas Albums

Let me just say I am not the biggest Christmas music fan on Earth. However I do enjoy Spinning Christmas vinyl for a few days of the year. Was wondering what albums people like and the sound quality of those albums. I'll start with one of my favorites - Ray Charles The Spirit of Christmas My...
  15. 300man

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

16. 300man

What are some of the best speaker do you recommend for my Dynaco PAS3 and ST-70 set up?

Altec 604s aren't to shabby driven by the ST70.
  17. 300man

Let The Subwoofer Debate Begin!

After another session with the new SVS SB1000 more gains and better blending were obtained. Yes the phase control is a critical piece of the formula as I learned today. I tuned it in with my years and when I got it wright the system and bass sounded much more natural, effortless and stronger. I...
  18. 300man

Let The Subwoofer Debate Begin!

I have two systems in my house, one in the basement and one on the main floor. The system on the main floor is in a smallish area at one end of the living room that is about 12 x 13. It is behind a large fireplace that divides the living room. I have revel M22 bookshelf speakers on pedestals...
  19. 300man

Table top am/fm radios

Fond of the Telefunken Opus radios Also a big fan of the GE Super radios have had at least a dozen of those still have a few.
  20. 300man

eBay Scam Listings?

No my email was not compromised...don't really know how the hacker gained access and Ebay never informed me of what they found out. Not sure if they even tried to investigate. They froze my account and cleared the bogus items. I reset my password and in 5 - 7 days re-listed my items. Did not...
  21. 300man

eBay Scam Listings?

BTW my Ebay account got hacked a couple of years ago. Suddenly (overnight) my items for sale were gone. Replaced by junk products from someone in China. when I alerted Ebay they tried to tell me it was my fault...that the hackers probably got in through my email account...what a bunch of BS
  22. 300man

eBay Scam Listings?

Ebay is fat and happy, making a ton of money. There isn't any real $$ penalty for them worth worrying about with the scammers. If someone sues Ebay over a scam and some judge awards the plaintive a large settlement...Maybe then Ebay would take a more proactive or aggressive look into the scams...
  23. 300man

Get Better Sound, Jim Smith's book of tips to improve the sound of your rig

Ordered a copy of the book and it was in the mailbox yesterday. Read a couple of the room setup/voicing tips today. Moved a couple of things around and this made a nice improvement. No laser needed BTW.
  24. 300man

KT88 monoblocks which are less than a working kidney?

Another vote for the Quicksilver Mid Mono Amps. I have a pair and am very happy with the sound and build quality. Running EL34s in mine and have never experienced them with KT88s.
Back
Top Bottom