Search results

1. jayvis

Will 8 ohm speakers work with a 16 ohm output receiver

I doubt very much that this would be comparable to most people's past experiences. If it was, it's an experience that I wouldn't want to relive.
  2. jayvis

AK Site Issues

Has anyone else been having issues with the AK web site? After being on it for about ten minutes or so, I get freeze ups and my laptop curser starts randomly pulsing and jumping around. Similar issues were reported when the new version was introduced but I'm seeing them now.
  3. jayvis

Just In Time For Xmas

Eye candy to get you in a buying mood.
  4. jayvis

New Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners

My wife is interested in a new Grand Cherokee Overland or Summit. Any new Grand Cherokee owners who can provide their experiences?
  5. jayvis

Bluesound Node X Thoughts

Please leave this thread to those who've had the chance to hear the new Bluesound Node X that was recently released. Share your experience and opinions.
  6. jayvis

McIntosh MA252 Now Available On-Line

You can now buy a new MA252 integrated amp from some on-line retailers for $4,500. That opens the door for people who live far away from an authorized brick and mortar McIntosh dealer to experience a nice piece of audio gear. Most of these on-line stores also have good return policies as long as...
  7. jayvis

Any Folks From China?

Always wondered if there are any people from China or the far east who use these forums and If so, what do their audio systems consist of?
  8. jayvis

Vintage McIntosh With Modern Speakers?

We see tons of posts on these forums from people who use vintage McIntosh amplification and sources, and virtually all of them use vintage speakers with them. Is there anyone out there who uses new or more modern speakers in their vintage MAC systems? If so, why?
  9. jayvis

Your Go To Tracks

What are your favorite albums or tracks that you use to evaluate a potential component in your audio system? Also list the media type (vinyl, cd, digital, etc.) used.
  10. jayvis

Does Anyone Not Like Wilson Speakers?

Just curious if there are any former owners who moved on from Wilson Audio speakers and their reasons why?
  11. jayvis

Trading Down on Power?

I know that many of us have believed that you can never have too much power, but I'm wondering if any McIntosh owners have ever replaced a McIntosh amp with a lower powered McIntosh amp in their systems? I'm not talking about moving from SS to tubes or vice versa. If so, what were the reasons...
  12. jayvis

MC252 Output Meters Access

Not sure how many MC252 owners are out there, but hopefully someone can help me fix this. There looks to be some dirt either behind the front glass panels in front of the meters or on the meters themselves. Are the individual meters enclosed by clear glass or plastic? How do I access the meters...
  13. jayvis

C47 LED Issues

The Mute LED on my C47 started blinking and eventually went completely out three months ago. I sent the unit back to the factory and it was repaired. Now, the Speaker switch LEDs are starting to blink. I wondered if this is an inherent issue with the C47 or any other newer McIntosh preamps...
  14. jayvis

MA8900 Preamp Section

Does anyone know if the preamp section in the MA8900 is basically the same as the C47 but with EQ?
  15. jayvis

Questions on LED Lighting

Hoping to find someone who's knowledgeable on the LED front panel lighting for new McIntosh preamp models. The MUTE light on my C47 is periodically blinking on and off. Do the front panel lights consist of individual LED's that can be easily replaced or is this an issue that can only be fixed by...
  16. jayvis

C47 LED Failing?

I've just noticed that the MUTE light on the front panel of my C47 blinks on and off periodically for about 40 minutes after turning it on. It doesn't do it constantly and seems to stay fully lit after about 40 minutes. The MUTE switch functions fine. Could this be a bad LED, bad connection or...
  17. jayvis

McIntosh Seperates vs. Integrated Amps

I'm sure there are scores of old threads on this subject, but I'd like to get opinions and reasoning, other than the cost factor, from current McIntosh owners who have experience with both.
  18. jayvis

My MB50 Experience

I wanted to share my experience with the MB50 streaming audio player with all who are interested. I'm fairly new to digital audio and am nowhere near an expert. I started about a year ago by adding a Bluesound Node 2 to my basement main system and the convenience of the new format steadily grew...
  19. jayvis

What Power Cords for McIntosh Equipment

I don't want this to end up being a debate about the significance of power cords, but want to know what power cords other McIntosh owners are using with their components and why?
  20. jayvis

Heresy II with Reference Center Channel

Wondered if anyone has experimented with Heresy II's as mains and a Reference series center channel in a home theater set up? If so, what were the results? I've read that the only legitimate match for the Heresy's would be the Academy center or another Heresy. My space restricts another Heresy...
  21. jayvis

Paradigm Speakers and McIntosh

Is anyone out there using Paradigm speakers with their Mac electronics? If so, can you share your experience and thoughts?
  22. jayvis

McIntosh Price Increases

I was told that McIntosh recently raised prices on certain models. Does anyone know if the $5000 retail price is still in place on the C48?
  23. jayvis

Need Advice on Digital Music Files

I'm a total newbie to digital music files and pretty tech illiterate when it comes to this stuff. I was told that to achieve the best sound quality from ITune music files played through one of McIntosh's new preamps, they need to be in uncompressed lossless file format. Is this true? Do the...
  24. jayvis

Mac With Thiel Speakers

I'm considering a change to Thiel CS2.7 speakers. Anyone have any experience with these or any other Thiel speakers matched to McIntosh equipment?
  25. jayvis

New vs. Old Turntables

I'm debating if I should buy a new, modern design turntable to replace my trusty Pioneer PL-707 that I've had for 27 years and still runs like new. Do the new tables really offer a noticeable upgrade in sound quality or are they just eye candy as compared to a high quality vintage unit like mine?
Back
Top Bottom