Search results

1. adj69

EV Speakers

I was able to pick these EV speakers (Low Resonance Ultra Compact System) yesterday for a mere $25. Cabinets need to be re-veneered, new seal tape(?) applied and one cabinet has water damage on the bottom to where some layers of plywood has peeled way over the years. That issue may be a...
  2. adj69

A couple of speaker projects this weekend

So in the last couple of weeks I picked up a pair of Sansui SP-2000s that needed a crossover recap and a pair of EPI M-110s that needed to be refoamed. Ordered the parts for the Sansui's from this thread and the foam from Simply Speakers. Since everything arrived Friday and I didn’t have much...
  3. adj69

Cerwin Vegas R10s

Last month I came across a pair of Cerwin Vegas R10s at a local GW for $15 but just recently had time to spiff them up with a cleaning and new staining. A few corners where mashed in a little so I tried to build them up some wood putty, but discovered that it doesn't take stain too well...
  4. adj69

So I walk into a GW and leave with...

...a pair of LFT-8s! Driving home from work the other night and It was a last minute decision to even swing by and look since I had been there the previous day with nothing of interest. I looked around but I didn't see anything else interesting until I happened to glance over and see the tops...
  5. adj69

DCM Time Window Speaker find!

So I had a little time to stop into one of the local GWs this afternoon during their 50% off sale and didn't really find anything inside. I was heading back to the car and I glanced over near the drop off area and saw what looked to be something like speakers so I walked over and checked them...
  6. adj69

New to me / Yard Sale Scroe!

I picked up these JBL J2080s at at yard sale this morning. Searched the AK site prior to getting them and there were many positive comments from the community so I grabbed them. The guy also had a pair of Yamaha NS-A 635a speakers for $10, but offered both for $15 so I went ahead and got them...
  7. adj69

Hi from Texas

Hey all, Lurked on the site on and off for several years but decided to join recently. I grew up with my mom listening to vinyl (both LPs and 45's of oldies and country) but as I got older I transitioned to cassettes, CDs and then eventually to MP3s like a lot of people. I've enjoyed...
Back
Top Bottom