Search results

1. spaghetti

Yamaha B2 - the "why" and the "how" of a comprehensive rebuild

Thanks for your clarification, I fully trust your opinion. Incidentally, following your advice will save me money, time, and the risk involved with replacing many parts per board, so that's great news to my ears. I'm wondering if C0G/NP0 caps may still be an improvement over the stock ones...
  2. spaghetti

Yamaha B2 - the "why" and the "how" of a comprehensive rebuild

I think this hasn't been discussed before, I'd be curious to understand the recommendation level for replacing green mylar caps on the amp boards. I've noticed @rottalpha at the beginning of this thread and @zaibatsu in theirs replaced these caps with what I think are Kemet/Wima polypropylene...
  3. spaghetti

Restoring my Second Sony TA-N7B

I'm wondering, would it be possible for those caps to be rated 50 VAC instead of VDC? That would explain why Sony used them... their DC rating would then be close to 80V, which is appropriate for the circuit
  4. spaghetti

Sony TA-N7 maintenance

I haven't turned it on yet, too scared of damaging the precious VFETs! It needs proper restoration first. So far, I was able to replace fusible resistors, but I'm still waiting for D44H11 and D45H11 to become available, and I still need to buy caps. I'm definitely not in a rush, as a matter of...
  5. spaghetti

Sony TA-N7 maintenance

I recently pulled the trigger on this amp, I was looking for a new VFET amp to add to the collection, and I was eventually able to find this one for a reasonable price. Unfortunately, since the local European version is generally too expensive for my pockets, I decided to buy the 100V Japanese...
  6. spaghetti

EINSTEIN The Amp BDW output replacements

I tried to get in touch with them for the service manual, but they never answered. Today I wrote them again. Hopefully I'll be able to get some feedback from them, I will also need to adjust the bias and knowing exactly what to do would definitely help. I agree option 2 is far too risky...
  7. spaghetti

EINSTEIN The Amp BDW output replacements

Hi, I am repairing this German amp from the early 90s for a friend. He accidentally shorted both speaker terminals, but interestingly the damage was quite contained: only one output transistor per channel got destroyed. This was the good news. The bad news is that sourcing replacements is...
  8. spaghetti

Sansui 3000A

Yes, I still own it. It's a while since I listened to it. though... too much to rotate :)
  9. spaghetti

SANSUI AUa607KX INQUIRY

I have recently bought a Sansui 607MR, which is a later model but still quite similar to yours IMO. I like the clear sound, I basically agree with what has been already written before, there's one more benefit with these not-so-vintage models, the ability to bypass tone control circuits which is...
  10. spaghetti

Integrated Amps You Will Never Sell

wish I had a longer list (with some Accuphase stuff as well, for example): Sansui AU-X1 Sansui AU-X11 Sansui BA-F1 Sansui AU-11000 Sansui B-2201 Yamaha B2 Yamaha B3 Sony TA-5650 Sony TA-5550
  11. spaghetti

Rebuild capacitors in SANSUI B-2102 MOS VINTAGE

For your own safety, please edit that message and remove your email address, or you may start to receive tons of spam
  12. spaghetti

Sansui AU-X11 output replacements

@Hyperion thank you, your messages are always precious!
  13. spaghetti

Sansui AU-X11 output replacements

I was finally able to put my hands on a Sanui AU-X11, I'm now cleaning and reviewing the amp, I am planning to keep it mostly as-is if voltages look good with the exception of the black flag caps on the power amp boards. So, since I'm not going to overhaul it, I'd like to replace the original...
  14. spaghetti

Yamaha B-3 Rebuild

unfortunately it seems this is not stocked on mouser or digikey, I found another message that suggests KSA708C/KSC1008C.
  15. spaghetti

Yamaha B-3 Rebuild

@zaibatsu amazing pictures, and amazing restoration of course! If possible, I would like to know something more about the transistor subs you used, as I have a factory B3 that I'd like to overhaul sooner or later. For example, you mentioned that 2SA673A / 2SC1213A should go, what was the...
  16. spaghetti

NEC uPA63H differential amplifier, is there a substitute?

@Brett027 so they have very similar specs... one difference I see is that uPA68H is Low Noise, so I guess it would be an improvement on the original uPA63.
  17. spaghetti

NEC uPA63H differential amplifier, is there a substitute?

Anybody know the difference between uPA63H and uPA68H? I think they're both FET, and I suppose they may be rather interchangeable.
  18. spaghetti

Kenwood TK-66 almost no sound

I'm not really familiar with that model, but in general when you can't hear any sound and you already tried to clean pots/switches, the best way to proceed is checking voltages with a DMM and signal tracing with a scope. Did you check the tape monitor/mode switch is on stereo position?
  19. spaghetti

Sony TA-8650 restoration & questions

I was able to completely remove the black paint that some disturbed person put on the wood cabinet of a Yamaha CT-1000 tuner. Sometimes people paint wood cases in order to hide defects, but this time the cabinet looked very good, no visible scratch, not even the slightest damage on the corners...
  20. spaghetti

Sony TA-5650 loud pop at power-off

@MattiaM were you able to find a solution to the problem?
  21. spaghetti

SANSUI AU-X1 F2918 and F2770 wrong caps?

I was actually referring to the speakers relay board. I don't have pics, but they retrofitted relays with a different form factor, so holes needed to be enlarged and some traces cut and bridged with wires. Will try to revert the changes, when its time comes. Yes, the nonsense is mine...
  22. spaghetti

oh interesting! I think they are the kind of polystyrene that you mentioned, here's a pic: My AU-X1 is an early version, from 1978. Now, I have found other caps that don't match on F2775.. what do you think about these values? C3 is 33pF instead of 22pF C9, C10 are 6̶n̶F 6pF instead of 3pF...
  23. spaghetti

Because they're all polystyrene instead of black flags. Also, all the boards including the relay one show a lot of tampering, hence I don't trust any of them to be original.
  24. spaghetti

@Hyperion you're sooo right, I should stop doing it. This is actually the second time I find unreliable information in these sections, I had the same problem with the Sansui G-6700 SM.
  25. spaghetti

@Hyperion mmm interesting... I guess there are 2 different service manuals around? This is a picture from mine: C9 and C10 from board F2770 are actually correct with your numbers, as they're 6pF not 60, I read the numbers wrong the first time (060F).
Back
Top Bottom