Search results

1. Coach Klein

Pics of your listening space

I did the speakers up for Halloween...
  2. Coach Klein

MC2205 no speaker output

Hey all, so an update for you. I sent this off to Bob at Bob the Tech Audio and had him repair it. Turns out that the AC inputs were miswired and that the thermistor that was obviously defective. He went through the rest of the amp and recapped the boards, replaced the power cord and fixed a...
  3. Coach Klein

MC2205 no speaker output

I pulled the ripcord on this one and sent it off to get it repaired.
  4. Coach Klein

MC2205 no speaker output

Retested using the diode test, open in one direction and 0.58v in the other.
  5. Coach Klein

MC2205 no speaker output

Yep, power guard lights work and all of the meter lamps work. I measured the resistance of the two diodes between the caps on the power supply board and they both were around 2 Mega Ohms one direction and 5-6 Mega Ohms in the other direction. I'm assuming that's a bit high. Should be open...
  6. Coach Klein

MC2205 no speaker output

I measured the resistance at the two bottom pins (red wire and blue wire) on the relay and the reading was 1.8 kOhms.
  7. Coach Klein

MC2205 no speaker output

The part number on it is D213 MPS A14
  8. Coach Klein

MC2205 no speaker output

The speaker switch works normally. Attached are a couple of pics of the two boards. Going by the flux on the back of the board and the clean solder, some of the components were replaced but not all.
  9. Coach Klein

MC2205 no speaker output

There wasn't any sort of external event that happened like a recent storm or anything. The two times it happened, before it would give out completely, the relay would start to engage faster than normal and there would be a pop through the speakers when I turned the amp on. I'm not sure if any...
  10. Coach Klein

MC2205 no speaker output

So measuring at these two points, I get 81.7v DC. Measuring to chassis, I get +/- 41v, so not far off the specified 42. And then for voltage drop across the thermister, it settles to around 1v AC. I took some video while doing the voltage drop measurement and the thermister has a pretty...
  11. Coach Klein

MC2205 no speaker output

Yeah, that's the one that Terry replaced. He told me he doubled it up to add capacity to the circuit. It worked longer after he added the second one but it appears that even that wasn't a permanent fix. With multiple failures I would think that there was some other root cause but I don't have...
  12. Coach Klein

MC2205 no speaker output

Got an MC2205 that I bought a few years ago and am getting no sound from the speakers. Meters are operating normally, headphone out put works but the speaker relay doesn't engage. I got this amp from Terry DeWick a few years ago and this same thing happened soon after I bought it. I took it...
  13. Coach Klein

Words for the Spelling Bee competition.

Tchoupitoulas
  14. Coach Klein

How expensive was your first car?

Pic isn't mine, but a white 1978 VW Scirocco for $1000 in 1987. 4 speed manual, no A/C and ~75hp of fun.
  15. Coach Klein

WhiteSE is a great seller!

Wanted to say thanks to WhiteSE. Purchased a Luxman switch box from him, transaction went off without a hitch, item shipped out quickly and arrived in great shape.
  16. Coach Klein

Outstanding Work From Leestereo

Wanted to say thanks to 'Leestereo' for the outstanding refurbish job he did on my AU-517. First off, I have to say that the level of communication was outstanding. I received photos on a regular basis with before/after shots of the work done along with detailed explanations of what was done...
  17. Coach Klein

5000A stereo lamp weirdness

Check this thread out. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/5000x-refurbish-troubleshoot.703538/#post-9603485
  18. Coach Klein

Help - I can't have speaker stands!

I agree, don't know if these would fit on the cabinet but they would go with the look of the place. https://www.amazon.com/Bose-speaker-pedestals-Black-speakers/dp/B00006HO56
  19. Coach Klein

Luxman CL-38u

The dealer list isn't available online. You have to email the U.S. distributor, On A Higher Note, and get them to send you the dealer list. So while I wait for them to send me the info I thought that I'd ask around on here too. So, besides "Google It", anyone have any actual information?
  20. Coach Klein

Fast Food joints RIP

How about Stuckey's? They had the best shakes...
  21. Coach Klein

Luxman CL-38u

I really like the look of the Luxman gear and have read several good reviews of this preamp. Has anyone actually heard this preamp and if so, what did you think? Also, does anyone know of a place in Atlanta, Knoxville or Nashville that carries Luxman gear so that I could actually listen to it...
Back
Top Bottom