Search results

1. D

Boyuurange A50 mk iii, 300b

Yes I’m just going to do the B+ mod with the resistor bypass elecrolytic cap added, and the coupling caps replaced. Then I want to listen to the amp and evaluate the difference this makes in the sound. I’ll put the new rectifier tube in just because it seems to be a better tube overall from the...
  2. D

As you can see StepheK, I am not a whiz at electronics theory and design but I feel plenty competent enough to do these mods, they look fairly simple and straight forward. I went right to the aluminum oil coupling caps to try those. I’ve played the amp in the last week for maybe 40 hours so I...
  3. D

Hi StepheK, I’ve been on here or some years but haven't been active until I bought one of these amps two weeks ago. I’ve watched all of your videos on the B+ mods and cascode front end on this amp and I have the parts arriving tomorrow to do the B+ mod and have a couple questions for you. 1)I...
  4. D

What's the point of a headphone jack without a volume control?

The Jolida tubed cd player has a nice volume control for the headphone jack, but it's one of the very few that I've seen with one.
  5. D

Great songs for showing off your system

I just went out and bought a new chair to listen to the system in, so I put on my copy of Emerson Lake and Palmer Pictures at an Exhibition, and I don't think I could pic an individual song to use as a demo, it would have to be the entire album.
  6. D

Next step...

Oh yeah that is some tasty looking equipment and sure should be quite a step forward in sound. Your speakers should work great with that equipment. As for the tinkering, the tube equipment has a certain amount of added "tinkering" as opposed to solid state equipment but the preamp should have...
  7. D

Next step...

Funny, our last two posts give a lot of validity to Sebrof's post don't they....LOL
  8. D

Next step...

Yep I've enjoyed both solid state and tube amps with my tube preamp (C.J. PV-14L modified) from a Forte model 4A, to a Wyred for sound class D amp (sounded really nice) to a Jolida JD-1000 and I finally settled in with the Jolida Music Envoy monos. Now I've started playing around with vintage...
  9. D

Next step...

I agree Tom, Separates are the way to go but out of the budget. I still believe the BIGGEST improvement in sound would come from a tube amp or integrated using the Pioneer as the pre if he goes the amp route. I totally agree with Sebrof about the preamp being a very important piece in the total...
  10. D

Next step...

I totally agree with the tube amp or integrated route, and use the reciever as the preamp if needed. There is a Conrad Johnson MV-52 tube amp on A-gon right now for $850 that would fit into that system very very well.
  11. D

Next step...

In his original post and in post #20 he stated that he has a Graham Slee 2SE Phono preamp...I misread the previous post and can't seem to delete this post
  12. D

Next step...

Hi Guitarman, I also believe your amp would be the place to upgrade for the biggest move up. I don't believe you ever said what your budget is that you are looking to upgrade with?
  13. D

I love these threads
  14. D

If I really want them to sit up and listen I put on Stevie Ray Vaughan, Tin Pan Alley
  15. D

Making the most of the Livingroom

Here are my 2 channel and multi channel systems, yep almost all in the same rack. The turntables and sub amps/controller are in a separate rack in the room behind the system. 2 channel: Amps-Jolida Music Envoy monos Preamp-Conrad Johnson PV-14L modified by RHB Sound Dezign Phono...
  16. D

What is "High End?"

High end = When you hear it you know it, it's not how much you spend.
  17. D

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Allman Brothers - Brothers and Sisters
  18. D

Clear Day Audio speaker cables

Hi Wes, just saw your thread. I have the same clear day silver speaker cables. I tried many sets of speaker cables over the years and most cost much more than the clear day cables, but once I put these cables in my system I haven't even looked at speaker cables again. I also use all clear day...
  19. D

Vintage Turntable Population Shrinking Fast

Ok I received the Lab 420 today from UPS. I opened it up and was extremely pleased with the way the seller packaged the turntable. Zero damage, everything was secured with painters masking tape,the platter was packaged separately, so I was very pleased with that fact. Now after I got it unpacked...
  20. D

Vintage Turntable Population Shrinking Fast

Well this is a very interesting thread, just read the whole thing. I just purchased a Realistic Lab-420 on ebay. I've always wanted a nice 70s direct drive turntable and after selling my VPI signature scout set up last year I've been using a Music Hall MMF-1. I'm hoping 1) this table arrives...
  21. D

Its official YES there will be an 2012 fest !!!!

Excellent news just excellent. My wife and I missed this show big time last year, a big thank you to all involved in making this happen!!! Dan
  22. D

What are your oldest speakers currently in use or owned by you?

Hey Anden I too have a pair of KLH model 6s.....I believe they are from 1960 but not positive.
  23. D

Which records should I buy?

Well you certainly have some great suggestions here. Just sitting here reading this post has made me decide to get out to Encore Music in Ann Arbor tomorrow. Tons of vinyl to choose from there.
Back
Top Bottom