Search results

1. MusicOnly

CD player suggestion?

I just listened to the NAD the entry level model with a NAD amp , must say I was impressed with it at the price point , played a burned copy of latest remastered DSOTM sounded really nice . C 516BEE not variable out but sounds good.
  2. MusicOnly

which dac in NAD

Looking at the C 516BEE cd player and it mentions a Cirrus 24/192 Delta/Sigma DAC but which one ? CS4398? CS?? or CS??? . Just wondered if anyone has popped the hood.
  3. MusicOnly

Lucky me?

I am NOT opposed to remote controls just cheezy ugly plastic remote controls . I Love my Bryston remote it is very nice . Seems to me both McIntosh and Audio Research had pretty ugly cheap remotes .
  4. MusicOnly

Lucky me?

So I am hunting for a preamp from say 1995 to 1999 in vintage and much to my surprise the C710 preamplifier makes me drool at least in pictures . Are they around used? or did that model just not sell at the time? . Any of our members have or had one? If you have any experience with it , share...
  5. MusicOnly

3 heads for $20

$22.38 actually I had to pay taxes on it . I only own a few tapes but the other day I ran across a mint 3 head Sony TC K555 without a blemish on it , still with a bright a clear display , ran a tape through it and the motors were strong , everything worked perfect . It followed me home from the...
  6. MusicOnly

G 5000

Hi Sansui fans , there are a couple of Sansui G5000 for sale locally , wondered if anyone here has one , how many gang tuner? . If you have please share your thoughts .
  7. MusicOnly

Hitachi Ha 5300

Hello fellow audio enthusiasts . Ran across one of these in great shape and wondered if anyone recalls what a HA 5300 was worth new back in the day? . Are they reliable or problematic? . Quirks ? .......... we all know I have none :p: Thanks
  8. MusicOnly

Vancouver BC / Lower mainland deal alerts

Well first off Magnepan has never made Electrostatic speakers before .
  9. MusicOnly

model 661

I have a hankering to collect a few classic receivers and there is a 661 available locally , I want 661 owners to share their impressions of this little Sansui . Thank you
  10. MusicOnly

The things on ebay

I love hi fi in fact that is why I participate on forum boards like these , you here of amazing deals where people score stuff from blah blah blu , I always feel warm n fuzzy inside when some one scores a great deal even when that some one isn't me . I have had my share over the years . Ripping...
  11. MusicOnly

Genesis xover

woofer is run full range and rolls off on it's own everything you see is in the tweeter section which is a one inch inverted dome . Winslow Burhoe designed similar to EPI tweeter.
  12. MusicOnly

Armstrong audio gear

Hi Andrew I was thinking about the tuner , personally I didn't want the amp , I am glad to see it has gone to a good home ! . Enjoy and let us know what you think .
  13. MusicOnly

Genesis xover

Hi folks this is a Genesis V6 xover the second cap and the coil look like a standard 12dB slope but what is the first cap n resistor doing?
  14. MusicOnly

hitachi SR 804

There is one available on CL , any thoughts? anyone know how many gang tuner?
  15. MusicOnly

KR 4600 and KR 6030

I agree it is a looker and I understand the tuner is a 4 gang .
  16. MusicOnly

Vintage Akai AT-550 Tuner major problem

I feel your pain , I have seen that model online and hoped to run across one someday . I own the AT 2600 and I love it , the AT 550 intrigues me , I would love to hear one .
  17. MusicOnly

KR 4600 and KR 6030

I am starting a small collection of vintage receivers , 2 receivers on my list are the Kenwood KR 4600 and KR 6030 . I know the specs on these units but would love to hear from some owners , please share your thoughts on either of these beauty's .
  18. MusicOnly

Repairing Equalizer

I love vintage Hi Fi but when it comes to EQ's I suggest you use a baseball bat and then recycle the leftovers .
  19. MusicOnly

Can you remember your local hi fi store when you was a teen?

So many are now gone A&B sound Vancouver Sight and Sound Stereo People Freemans High fidelity West Coast Sound Sound Gallery Sound Plus The Home Entertainment Centre Kellys House of Stein Maharlika Sound Westminster Stereo International Stereo Millers...
  20. MusicOnly

If it aint broke ,,,, fix it?

I have a Akai AM 2600 in mint physical condition , all lettering is perfect , no dings , bulbs replaced . The unit works well and has no apparent issues but it is from 1977 . Should I have my tech give it the once over ? reset bias ? replace a few caps ? . I have both the AM 2600 and a AT 2600...
  21. MusicOnly

best 800 series receiver?

but uses unobtanium parts in the amp section? a no longer available STK?
  22. MusicOnly

best 800 series receiver?

The Cr 800 or 820 or 840? good tuners? 3 gang tuners? Which of the 3 is your favorite?
  23. MusicOnly

Mod on my Kenwood KR-4070

Blue .......how trendy dude .
  24. MusicOnly

Underrated or under valued Gear

Akai 10 and 11 series receivers ...AA 1175 :drool: Akai AT 2600 :drool: and a few other Akai tuners .
Back
Top Bottom