Search results

1. jera

North Carolina anyone?

I have an idea of almost everything that was there. Any picture in particular. BTW Patrick brought some killer sounding tube gear
  2. jera

North Carolina anyone?

Thanks to everyone that showed up today it was awesome. Some really great stuff
  3. jera

North Carolina anyone?

Just a reminder for anyone that may want to come the meet up will be this Saturday Feb 25th. We will start at 10 and go to 2 if there are people still around. Location is Revo Church-North campus 7105 Broad St Rural Hall
  4. jera

North Carolina anyone?

The meetup has been confirmed for Saturday Feb 25th. We will start at 10 and go to 2 if there are people still around. Location is Revo Church-North campus 7105 Broad St Rural Hall Please PM me for more info. We also will have some tables set up for people to bring gear they may want to sell.
  5. jera

North Carolina anyone?

After a long break we are looking to put together another meet up in February. It will likely be on a Saturday morning. We are still trying to pin down a location. please shoot me a pm if you would like more info. This will help in gauging the size of room we will need.
  6. jera

Can anyone Identify these speakers?

I agree. I’m. Cabinets are made more complicated than I think most home builders would make? Maybe it was a kit? I did open it up and found Russian paper and oil caps used for the crossover?
  7. jera

I only get sound out of one and it was really not impressive. I haven't had a chance to see why the other is not working
  8. jera

Picked these up at a goodwill and trying to figure out what exactly they are ? The have a seas driver about 41/2 firing up at 3/4 tweeter. Not sure what the tweeter is. They are only about 2ft tall and have a name on the front that says Errol? Looked all around the net and haven’t found...
  9. jera

Anyone recognize my mystery electro voice speaker

Thank you sir. I am going to try to get it hooked up and take a listen tomorrow
  10. jera

Here are a few more pics
  11. jera

Walked in to my local junk shop and seen this single speaker sitting there. My favorite - mystery speaker. Kinda like Forrest Gump and a box of chocolates . You never know what you are going to get. No badge or any other writing on the cabinet. The price was right so I Ioaded it into...
  12. jera

Anyone recognize this amp ?

Well I didn't really listen to it. It was packed poorly and arrived damaged . So I sent it back. Long story short the seller went absolutely crazy . He made some scary threats and I figured I would just let it go. It has also made me swear off ebay for audio gear . With maybe the exception...
  13. jera

I seen that cap. Will most likely need some new parts. I might be overly optimistic but I feel like it could be a great amp. At the very least it has some good iron.
  14. jera

I had the same questions as you. Real odd place for a transistor. I suppose he put the connector on the bottom as to not have to cut into the wood cabinet? The seller hasn't shipped it yet. As soon as I get it I will post some picks of the inside.
  15. jera

Figured it was. Thought maybe there was some diy build up somewhere with similar tube configuration. Whomever built it did a great job . Hopefully it sounds as good.
  16. jera

Picked this up off of ebay as it looked pretty cool. Push/ Pull e34 using scott 299 transformers? Uses 2 el34 and 2 12au7 per side. The seller did not have a schematic for it or seem to know much about it. Figured someone might recognize it?
  17. jera

altec 353a and matching tuner 313a

To be honest it was long ago I can't really remember any specifics . Mark at blueglow did the restoration. I do remember that he said once it was restored it was one of the best measuring amps he had on the bench. I may still have the original manual around here somewhere . Most of the early...
  18. jera

DIY rack aluminum bar source ?

You might also consider using 80/20 extruded aluminum . Comes in lots of different shapes easy to use with fasteners and they will cut and tap to size . I used some on my rack and it is very sturdy.
  19. jera

North Carolina anyone?

He is closed on the weekends just an fyi . Best way to get a hold of him is either email or phone.
  20. jera

North Carolina anyone?

Ctech office is in Kernersville. Carmen knows his stuff and does awesome work . He retubed my ARC D-70 and set the bias for free. Not a job for the faint of heart.
  21. jera

Gear rack/stands

That looks great. looking forward to seeing the finished product.
  22. jera

Gear rack/stands

The shelves are steel. I bought them for $1 each before pier one closed down. I stripped them down and had it powder coated in a textured black. The legs and hardware are from 80/20. They are these outside legs : 40-4082-Lite-Black-FB Middle is this one : 40-4080-Black-FB The spike...
  23. jera

Gear rack/stands

I think it is having resurgence lately. I have noticed a few speaker mfg. using a white oak veneers.
  24. jera

Gear rack/stands

Looks Great ! What type of wood is that ?
  25. jera

Gear rack/stands

This is my new DIY stand . Took some inspiration from HRS stand. Building this was a fun project. Now onto some room treatments.
Back
Top Bottom