Search results

1. honestabe316

Parks Audio Budgie Phono Preamp

I have mine close to my bluesound node 2 and I get no noise
  2. honestabe316

It's funny how what goes around comes around, but shortly after mty last post nearly 2 years ago, I purchased a rogue ares magnum to upgrade my budgie. A year ago I ended up getting divorced and ultimately had to sell my budgie, puffin, and rogue ares magnum to settle some post divorce debts...
  3. honestabe316

Klipsch Heritage S/N Dates Code decoder

I dont think anyone who knows is coming to this thread anymore.. i tried a few months ago.. maybe start a new thread asking for help with klipsch serial numbers
  4. honestabe316

Stanton 681EEE New Cartridge Equivalents

Thanks for responding.... the AT 740ML seems very good according to reviews and manf data. Considering that i have the 681eee cartridge already it makes more sense to me to go with a shibata replacement. I have the ortofon 2M Black on my primary table and am absolutely pleased with its sound. I...
  5. honestabe316

SMSL SU-8 Impressions/Review (And Modi Multibit Admonishment)

Hi, i am. Urious if i bought this DAC, would i be able to use my galaxy tab 4 as a music streamer via this dac? I have a rogue audio sphinx 2 that i mostly use for vinyl but i want to be able to play my amazon music or Qobuz streams through it via my galaxy tab 4
  6. honestabe316

I really ike the resentation of the 681eee with the 68es styus.... i really like the detail i get from the 2m black too.... The problem i have is that i bought the technics table 5 years ago with the stanton and used it for 3 years before getting the clearaudio table with the 2m black cart. I...
  7. honestabe316

I have an Ortofon 2m black on my Clearaudio performance dc turntable. I love it to say the least. On my secondary system, i have a stanton 681eee with a 68es stylus. It sounds good but nowhere near the detail of the Ortofon 2m black. This has made me wonder about the Jico "Shibata" styus as a...
  8. honestabe316

Rogue Cronus Magnum II Tube Rolling

Well rogue called today and said the reason that my Sphinx had been dead on arrival was due to it being dropped by the UPS driver. Thre reason was that the transformer moved into the circuit board which punctured the transformer... WOW !!! So they are fixing it for their flat rate $175 plus...
  9. honestabe316

In my C-Mag 2 i finally settled on genalex gold lions. I have mullards, and bugle boy, and thtelefunken black diamonds i can try in the sphinx beside the jj thats in it. That should be a good selection to start with. I like the fact that the class D seems to be more energy efficient as well as...
  10. honestabe316

That is good to hear. Ill be driving my klipsch quartets which are 97.5 db so power is not a main issue. My Alon 1 speakers in my primary systemare a different story, 87 db but the CM2 drives them easily so im sure the sphinx will as well. Honestly im mostly hoping that with the tube preamp that...
  11. honestabe316

I bought a woo audio wa-2 tube headphone/preamp last year for my headphones and i used it maybe 3 times so i decided to use it as a preamp hooked into my adcom 5400 amp and a pair of klipsch quartet speakers as a secondary system. I wasnt happy though with the sound of the woo audio as a...
  12. honestabe316

I like my C-Mag2 so much that i bought a Rogue Sphinx for my secondary system. I received it last friday and it was dead. It had all original packaging and the upgraded speaker terminals... it looked brand spanking new. Fortunately the seller responded immediately and sent me cash to ship it to...
  13. honestabe316

Klipsch Heritage S/N Dates Code decoder

Can anyone tell me what the serial # 053396408 and 07 represents on my pair of oiled walnut quartets? Is this 2005, 33rd week? I tried going to thier verification site but its down. Thanks for any help
  14. honestabe316

Cornet3 vs Budgie

Any comparisons yet?
  15. honestabe316

The amp with no home in this forum- Rogue Audio Sphinx

Good to hear as im a bit nervous not having heard one yet, but i am a big fan or Rogue audio and i do read every user revirew i can find and ive been pleased by what ive read....honestly its my secondary system so my expectations arent quite the same as with my primary system. Im sure ill be...
  16. honestabe316

The amp with no home in this forum- Rogue Audio Sphinx

I just bought a sphinx from the Audiogon site. Its a version 1. I also have an upgraded Cronus Magnum 2 in my main system. I plan onusing my Parks audio budgie and or puffin with the shinx in my secondary system. I havent even received it yet but i have sent an email to Rogue asking about the...
  17. honestabe316

Proton D1200 power amplifier

The two pieces of gear that i had that i discovered by accident that were total shockers as far as how they exceeded my expectations were the ProtonD1200 amp & a Kyocera R-11 receiver i paid $35 for. That receiver was something special... cosmetically a little beat but old school Marantz quality...
  18. honestabe316

I actually had anaudiokarma member make me a set of LED lamps for my proton.one side had died out or one bulb so i had a very close color match.... i actually liked the led better...
  19. honestabe316

I sold mine a year or so back which was a year or so after getting my Rogue Audio 100 watt tube amp. It was just sitting and i also had an adcom 5400 as a spare amp. The power button was starting to get wonky on the Proton and instead of getting it repaired correctly, i figured letsomeone else...
  20. honestabe316

The Official -Technics SL-1600/1700/1800- Owners Thread

I have a Technics SL-1600 with a Stanton 681eee cart and original stylus which is reaching the end of its life. I was going to get a jico aftermarket replacement but rrecently i acquired an Ortofon 2M black/bronze cart body (new) and i can get a new 2M bronze styli for under $200 so i was...
  21. honestabe316

I see I never followed up. Well I sent it back to rogue. It was a traitor that went bad. I am second owner but I bought it at 4 months old so instead of the flat $175 fee for non warranty they were gonna charge me $60. I thought that was fair. I then asked if there were any new upgrade or mods...
  22. honestabe316

I recently installed a new pair of The rebrands JJ Telefunken "Black Diamonds" per Shannon's recommendation. I had bought a Nos pair of Genalex gold lion 6922's but they were to microphonic causing all kinda of noise. When I popped in the Telef's i was so relieved because i honestly thought i...
  23. honestabe316

Phono stage upgrade: Fosgate Signature Phono Stage

Late post but does anyone know the difference between fosgate sig v1 & V2 phonostage?
  24. honestabe316

Luxman LE-109 phono stage

Thanks for that....i couldnt find much as far as reveiws which made me a little suspicuous as even "sleeper" peices usually have a decent amount od reviews by users if not the big name reveiw sites.....there is one for sale on one of the used sites that grabbed my interest.....thanks again, ill...
Back
Top Bottom