Search results

1. DavidR623

Recap of my old speakers SO disappointing!

Thanks for the grammar lesson but I never said he QUOTED him. I realize reading comprehension isn't everyone's strong point. He made a false statement and I pointed it out. What you fail to realize is that Stimpy recently emailed me about some speakers I recapped 2 years ago and began bashing...
  2. DavidR623

Except YOU wrote 2 EVO Oil not plain EVO
  3. DavidR623

You cherry pick Gee's words to fit your premise. Words of wisdom from Ken Kantor, Acoustic Research audio engineer and Founder of Now Hear This (NHT) : "……...are you saying that all caps sound the same? Of course not. That would be just as unjustified as saying, "All caps sound different."...
  4. DavidR623

Nothing there says "Dark". He actually has good things to say about Clarity except one has a roll off of the highs. If you go thru Tony's descriptions of caps its apparent he prefers BRIGHT. That's OK; many people do. I do not.
  5. DavidR623

FALSE according to Mundorf's website.
  6. DavidR623

I used them on the series caps (3.9 for the 4uF and 25 for the 24uF) in an AR91 and find them a great match. I did use a 0.1uF AudioCap Theta on the 3.9 and a CornellDublier 940C 0.01uF on the 25. I chose the CSAs because they had a slightly higher ESR than other film caps and was replacing NPE...
  7. DavidR623

My point was that Tony Gee was misquoted.
  8. DavidR623

Tony Gee of Humble Homemade HiFi never said anything to this effect and never described Clarity CSA as dark in any of his descriptions. He did rate the CSA higher than the Mundorfd EVO Oil. Geez, you people who make the shizzz up......
  9. DavidR623

What the hell are my speakers doing?

Either howling (phono feedback) or, if the amp is old, distortion from several possibilities - bad speaker relay is very common.
  10. DavidR623

How many speakers do you own?

Hmmmm, DQ10s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. DavidR623

I picked up the TSW610 and restored them for my son to replace his Klipsch Heresy (did not like the horns with volume). We did a side by side with the 91s (most similar). The bass of the 91 was only a tad better. The tweeter was quite similar but the 91s mid-range driver blew the 610 mid-range...
  12. DavidR623

2 pair AR9 AR90 AR91 AR10Pi AR TSW610 Bose 901_II Home made 3-way minis out of a pair of Yamaha minis on the hunt for a reasonably priced pair of AR3a
  13. DavidR623

Would the Real AR90 tweeter please identify yourself...

I have the large ring in my AR90s and in one of my pair of AR9s and they are 200029 tweeters. All are original drivers. I think baco99 is correct.
  14. DavidR623

Would the Real AR90 tweeter please identify yourself...

The tweeter that is installed in the cabinet is not an AR driver. I think StimpyWan is correct that it is a Simply Speakers replacement. The early production 200029 tweeters were large ring. My 90s are early production (without the PCB board that holds the resistors) and are large ring and do...
  15. DavidR623

Bypass caps, any reason NOT to use them?

North Creek Music
  16. DavidR623

I found this in my One Notes: Bypass Info: Found this comment on a search for info on the Thetas. This guy is a JBL guru: "Bypass capacitors have been a JBL standard for over 20 years now. Top of the line JBL loudspeaker systems such as the L250, 250Ti and XPL200 employ 0.005uF polystyrene...
  17. DavidR623

The engineers name was George E. Short III https://patents.justia.com/assignee/george-e-short-iii I wish I had downloaded his white paper from the net before he pulled it. I do remember that the bypass should be up to 10% of the base cap and have a higher voltage rating. With cascading each...
  18. DavidR623

The audio engineer that formed North Creek Capacitors made a living selling his Cresendo and Zen caps. He had a great white paper on bypassing and cascading. He has since retired and pulled his website from the internet. I can't remember his name but he did work for Acoustic Research for a...
  19. DavidR623

Well if you're posting here I guess you are OK

Well if you're posting here I guess you are OK
  20. DavidR623

Bose 901 Series V. Your Thoughts!

Well, I'll update my post on the page before this one. I sold the ser6. There was something lacking due to port chuffing and wrong amp(s). I went back to the ser2 with cloth surrounds and did a BIG upgrade on my EQ. The original caps from back then were not very good at passing signals and is...
  21. DavidR623

What size of bypass cap on 10uF cross over capacitor?

All capacitors have certain losses, large capacitors have greater losses than smaller ones. So by placing a bypass capacitor parallel to a capacitor it will alter the characteristics of the capacitor.
  22. DavidR623

What TT's do you folks have

Currently using an Acutex 412STR
  23. DavidR623

AR58s yes or no?

Posting in case there is a need for these >>> <EDIT> removed link to an online sale of 200044 mids
  24. DavidR623

AR58s yes or no?

IIRC the part number for the all black face mid is 200044
Back
Top Bottom