Search results

1. Ivorytooth

Taking another look at country

I grew up with the country music of the 50s and 60s. It is what my parents played and I liked it. I stopped listening to country about 1978. The stuff they have now I call Cow Pop. :D
  2. Ivorytooth

Whats your favorite guitar song intro?

Shinin' On - Grand Funk Railroad
  3. Ivorytooth

Whats your favorite guitar song intro?

Sails of Charon - Scorpions Kiss of Death - Dokken Lay it Down - Ratt Paris is Burning - Dokken Fantasy - Aldo Nova Jealous Lover - Rainbow Magic Man - Heart This is My Song - Scorpions Tell No Tales - T.N.T I could go on and on...
  4. Ivorytooth

The Name That Album thread

Next...
  5. Ivorytooth

The Name That Album thread

Planet P - Planet P Love this album
  6. Ivorytooth

Ronny James Dio RIP 05/16/10

Rest in peace Ronnie James Dio. He was one of my favorite singers of all time. He even made the Dr. Pepper jingle rock. He will be missed. I will be playing songs he has sung all day in tribute.
  7. Ivorytooth

What's a favorite lyric of yours?

I read this whole thread and couldn't believe no one posted this one. I love the lyrics on this. Neil was in rare form IMO. Well, I dreamed I saw the knights In armor coming, Saying something about a queen. There were peasants singing and Drummers drumming And the archer split the...
  8. Ivorytooth

Saturday Tunes

Ok, I picked one. Scorpions - Virgin Killer I just love Uli's playing.
  9. Ivorytooth

Saturday Tunes

Iron Maiden - Powerslave Not sure what I will pick next.
  10. Ivorytooth

What's a favorite lyric of yours?

One of my many favorites... have you stood at the edge of the world where the sea and sky collide looked out to a distant horizon and dreamed of drifting away have you stood beneath a troubled sky and watched the dark clouds gathering closed your eyes to the threatening tide and woke...
  11. Ivorytooth

Rolling Stones top 500 albums....How many in your collection?

I hardly keep up with the threads around here but I saw this one and wondered how I rated. I went through the whole list of 500. I have 25 of them. There might be some I will eventually get, but not a whole lot more.
  12. Ivorytooth

Most over played tunes on classic rock stations

The Classic Rock stations around here play Guns and Roses, Def Leppard over and over. Those are just two of the bands they do this with. The thing I hate is they do it with the same songs and don't play other songs released by those bands. It is always the same 4 Led Zepplin songs etc. The play...
  13. Ivorytooth

Todays METAL playlist

T.N.T - Knights of the New Thunder
  14. Ivorytooth

Ozric Tentacles -- What recordings and why?

Been off this site for a while... Start with Jurassic Shift. Others to begin with are Arborescence and Strangitude. I got pretty much all of it. First heard them in a record store in Denver back in '94. I like it!
  15. Ivorytooth

Wednesday Tunes

Zebra - IV
  16. Ivorytooth

Monday Tunes

Blackmore's Night - Fires At Midnight
  17. Ivorytooth

Friday Tunes

Dream Theater - Black Clouds and Silver Linings
  18. Ivorytooth

Friday Tunes

On CD... Axe - Axe Just got it in from Greece today. A tough bastard to find brand new for sure.
  19. Ivorytooth

I need ROCK Anthems. Your nominations please

Lovedrive - Scorpions Carry On My Wayward Son - Kansas Anthem - Rush Hang On For Your Life - Shooting Star Take Me Away - Blue Oyster Cult Rock Steady - Bad Company Roller - April Wine Stranger - Jefferson Starship Barracuda - Heart I think you get the idea... :D :D
  20. Ivorytooth

Sunday Tunes

Shooting Star - Burning
  21. Ivorytooth

Is Kansas Progressive?

Definitely prog rock and my favorite band ever. :D The debut, Masque and Song for America are fantastic examples. They are progressive on every album, but those first 3 are special.
  22. Ivorytooth

which song has your fav rock guitar solo ever?

The solos in "That Smell" - Lynyrd Skynyrd Three lead guitarists taking turns on great solos Sails of Charon - Scorpions Uli Jon Roth's solo at the beginning is something to behold. Stargazer - Rainbow Ritchie Blackmore, need I say more? Gotta be one of his best of all time. Empty...
  23. Ivorytooth

Covers you like better than the original

Hendrix's cover of All Along the Watchtower. Any cover by Linda Ronstadt. Pat Benetar's cover of Wuthering Heights. Any cover by Grand Funk Railroad There are a ton of them I like better than the original. I won't try to list any more. :D
  24. Ivorytooth

Rock Trios

A great trio!! Zebra
  25. Ivorytooth

How many new discs do you have on hand?

Zero, I buy them to listen to, not to take up space unused. :D
Back
Top Bottom