Search results

1. KutzlerTrans

New Marantz owner needs help!

In regards to the missing phono channel in stereo, Try flipping your phono inputs and see if the issue is the same or the phono player itself has a problem. Let us know the results of the deoxit cleaning, as we here have all found, that stuff can do wonders. Congratulations on your new gear!
  2. KutzlerTrans

bought these beauties yesterday

Wait a minute here... Are you saying that your addiction to audio equipment has driven you and possible family members out of the house?? I find this quite entertaining and worth further review. I am guessing the last straw was not being able to get comfortable in bed with the sharp edges of...
  3. KutzlerTrans

Probably a dumb question, 2230 chassis?

Its best to do what you can to keep it cool. My opinion is to take the cover off, Paint it black, and save it for another day.
  4. KutzlerTrans

Marantz 2275 for recapping

I would drag it through the rocks in the driveway to knock the growth off of it before plugging it in. It might not work right until you do, but that's just my opinion. Damn, I just hit 3000.
  5. KutzlerTrans

Sparkos Labs BA312-M modules,

So whats up with these git-ups. Any opinions of them and is the cost worth what you are hearing. I may just stuff a set into the shop 2325 if it is indeed a better upgrade. Thanks for your feedback.
  6. KutzlerTrans

Marantz 2325 experts please

Keep the 150 ohm ceramic up off the board for dissipating heat. The resistor under the board must be someones fix for not having the correct value. I suggest checking to see if any other resistors were replaced and to keep things accurate with the schematic. R816 should be one 390K ohm 5%...
  7. KutzlerTrans

A Real Barn Find - Marantz 2325 with a Puzzle

And also check the pre-amp plug mounting to make sure no cracks are found between the pins and the board. That mount should be solid and not move. Also check all the traces in that board with a magnifying glass for a crack or bad solder joint, where the lead comes through. It will look like a...
  8. KutzlerTrans

New Toy 2330

Congratulations! These are nice powerful units with a clean sound.
  9. KutzlerTrans

2285B one channel very weak

You could un-solder and swap input channels at the pre-amp itself. That can narrow it down. Or you could pull the ce01 and ce02 and cross them. I believe they are your inputs.
  10. KutzlerTrans

Marantz 3200 Preamp restore help

You could go with films for the 4.7 and 3.3uf for lower ESR.
  11. KutzlerTrans

Marantz 2285, noise when pushing 30Hz filter button, blew R801 in power supply

Pain in the butt i know, but maybe you could pop the plate and see if the clip can be eased out so the button and contacts can be checked out. Don't loose the springs, Maybe one is missing or ?
  12. KutzlerTrans

2270 - Serial 11728 - Refurb, mostly caps and diodes, a few transistors

I second freshening up the Power Supply. I would also suggest buying new mica insulators and a good non-conductive heat sink grease and cleaning and re-applying it to the output transistors. That will help keep it running cool and stable.
  13. KutzlerTrans

2325 bias question

Got it, Yes they are the same as the mains, so if you have 6mv on 3 outputs and 35mv on the fourth, you do have something odd going on, but 35mv is nothing to worry about. A few questions, Did you check the remote left output with both the main& remote in the off position? Did you check both...
  14. KutzlerTrans

2325 bias question

Make sure the clips cannot shift and short out! :yikes:
  15. KutzlerTrans

Marantz 2285, noise when pushing 30Hz filter button, blew R801 in power supply

See if r801 gets hot with J804 disconnected. or, Get an amp draw with J804 disconnected and fuse it before hitting the switch again. If the fuse blows when you push the switch, then you know somethings going on. A fuse will protect the power supply while you track it down. Maybe the static is...
  16. KutzlerTrans

2275- ? about my speaker setup

Yes, Restore your Power Supply with good parts and re-grease the rectifier/pass transistor and output transistors and the 2275 will tow the load. Make sure it has good airflow. If its party night, take the cover off of it. Wood cabinets hold heat, so use your imagination on how to modify it...
  17. KutzlerTrans

Marantz 2230 hum sound

You have a hum that "may" be from a larger than normal amp draw. Just keep the top on it to protect your eyes in the event of a shorted out capacitor exploding. :yikes:
  18. KutzlerTrans

Loud, Low Hum When Marantz Turned On

Take a 6" pocket ruler and sharpen end and add a slight bend to use as a handy scraper to remove glue. I have the sharp short one with the side ground in a semi circle for cleaning between tight solder joints like transistor legs.
  19. KutzlerTrans

Loud, Low Hum When Marantz Turned On

As a Dentist, Steve is trained to get to the Root of the problem.:)
  20. KutzlerTrans

2238B Causing left speaker “thump” when turning off

Make sure the relay points are not froze together on one side.
  21. KutzlerTrans

Calling all Marantz Phono (P700) Board Experts

Here is that info on adjusting the board and other good stuff. Even though i believe the 2325 p400 board is close or the same as the 2270 p700 board, This info should be verified First. Thanks to Tom (Catrafter) for this info: Tom said, "If you are talking about setting the clipping level as...
  22. KutzlerTrans

Calling all Marantz Phono (P700) Board Experts

Sounds like a grounding issue if it buzzes during automatic shut-off, since these are two separate systems, but you may have two issues. Flip your turntable inputs, to confirm that the turntable isn't inducing noise into your amp. Did you pull pins out when you worked on it, and if so, Are you...
  23. KutzlerTrans

Marantz 2325 Loud noise in both speakers HELP!

Are these Klipsch speakers at higher volume?? Even though the popping is independent on each channel, I would recommend reflowing all solder joints on the Power Supply and checking the big copper inductor coil solder joints on the mains. I have seen ends so loose they can be pulled out. That...
Back
Top Bottom