Search results

1. MKF83

MK subwoofer at goodwill

I use a goodwill VX-7 MKii for work computer system. Its great go get it if you can
  2. MKF83

Realistic STA 2200 Getting the clock/tuner to work

Wow that's really cool. It is a bummer the display is on borrowed time. So far it is full and bright. From the little i know of the history of this unit, it had very little use and spent most of it's life in storage. hopefully the display has a bit of life left. I haven't replaced any caps yet...
  3. MKF83

Success! Life got in the way, but recently found the time to tinker with the STA-2200 Tracked the problem down to the 4-bit CPU Not working due to a missing clock signal. IC405 is a 5 volt regulator. It was getting the 8volt input, but showed 0v output. This 5v powers the crystal which generates...
  4. MKF83

I don't yet have a scope. I've been tempted to get one of the cheapo handheld battery opp ones. Adrains Digital basement (Youtube) did a small review and use case on them and came to the conclusion that they will get the job done if not sacrificing some resolution and speed. I have a standalone...
  5. MKF83

There is a capacitor, C414 - .01 Mylar, between PLL pin 20 and clock input Micro processor pin 42. as gadget73 had mentioned above, could be a resistor or cap failure bringing it down.
  6. MKF83

to me it looks like IC405 feeds pin 14 of IC401 5v - I will have to check that regulator too. There is also LM78L-08 which is an 8v page 58 of SM has a micro processor pin out. I probed 41 with a multi meter and got a reading of about 8v, maybe not exact, it has been awhile since doing this...
  7. MKF83

Thank you for the insight! Voltage checking will be the first thing I do. loading up the parts canon is tempting, but not the correct approach. There is an 8 volt regulator that supplies the processor. I did check that the processor is getting 8 volts and it is. I'll spend some time with the...
  8. MKF83

I picked up this Realistic sta-2200 Receiver and would like to get the clock and tuner working again. When First plugged in the the clock lit up and started counting up from 12 o clock The Dimmer button worked The clock time could not be changed with the buttons The tuner did not work. I was...
  9. MKF83

What effect will high inflation have on our hobby?

I am personally seeing a lot of estate sales in my area. Houses stuck in the 60's 70's 80's open for the pickings. To me the hobby of this is finding great audio and music media on the cheap then fixing and enjoying. I see a rise in supply of used gear and media combined with a tightening...
  10. MKF83

recently converted library to flac, now what?

I'm a Roon Labs fanboy. There are other options, even very good free ones, but roon has made anywhere on network play easy for me. This is with 3k+ cds ripped to flac using a 13 year old intel i7 pc as the core server
  11. MKF83

Eumig C-1000 preamp

Better late than never.
  12. MKF83

EUMIG C 1000

PM Me an email address I can send you the user manual with adobe cloud I have submitted the scans to the hifi engine for processing. I also have the English manuals for the M-1000 Power amp, FL-1000 tape deck, and T-1000 Tuner. all will be scanned and added to hifiengine
  13. MKF83

EUMIG C 1000

the original schematic is only 8.5X11 and hard to read as is attached scan at 600dpi
  14. MKF83

EUMIG C 1000

I have all the original brochure and owner manual with schematic material. I will scan and also upload to the hifiengine. I Don't have the service manual
  15. MKF83

List of the most underrated Vintage Receivers?

I just acquired a sta 2200 that has been sitting for 30+ years. I'm itching to get it cleaned up and give it a listen. So true about the looks. Reminds me of an 80's top loading vcr. That button door angers me! :)
  16. MKF83

Technics SL 1300

you might just need to give the return mech a reset by moving the arm through its full motion while spinning the platter by hand.
  17. MKF83

Akai M-9 R2R 3D Printing new Cams

I get the prints in industrial nylon. It is solid and stable, especially when compared to infilled materials or the standard ABS. Lubriplate is great. Also the go to for M1 Garand
  18. MKF83

Akai M-9 R2R 3D Printing new Cams

Success! The Tape counter lives. Took a bit a wiggling, modification and adjustment. Great to have my machine whole again.
  19. MKF83

Voltage on the chassis of an AU-919

Could a flaky or wrong application line to line or line to ground safety cap play tricks like this? Just a suggestion. Good luck with the amp
  20. MKF83

Transistor mounting torque?

alot of in-lb torque wrenches and drivers start at 10. might find something in the beam and pointer style that go down low. Titan 23140
  21. MKF83

AU-7700 Cycling Short Circuit and Pops/Buzzes Through Speakers

Great idea. I've been visually studying the chassis to come up with a removal game plan. Not one board can be worked on without a degree of removal Looks like a 3 pin molex should do the trick. The access for testing also great.
  22. MKF83

Thank you! I've had it for years, but always felt i was missing out on its full potential. The heat sink gets toasty hot and I admit Ive never measured the bias and offset. I had recent success with a Sansui 2000 that got very hot. After replacing the 2sc458's and all ecaps, with steady Bias, it...
  23. MKF83

Thanks I'll do some looking. Makes sense right tool for the job is key. Just wish Sansui used the to-3 sockets on these :)
  24. MKF83

can I ask what trim pots did you choose? I'm also prepping for a 7700 refresh because of transistor noise. It still works hoping my good intentions don't change that. Also did you have and trouble de-soldering the output transistors ? I want to replace mica and reset in fresh paste.
  25. MKF83

capacitor plague

the two leaking caps also had some dark, maybe corrosion splotches on the legs. Maybe from the electrolytic or likely from being sketchy fakes.
Back
Top Bottom