Search results

1. S

Sansui-parts-shop question!

Hi, Did anyone buy from this web site recently? I want to buy some parts. But I couldn't register from the US address, and I did send a couple messages to Nies through his site's form and through regular e-mail more than a week ago and still got no response from him. And I also check his AK...
  2. S

Rare Sansui AU-G90X needs some help!

Hi everyone! I just got myself a rare Sansui AU-G90X. But it's got 2 issues that I need help with. 1. the headphone out is dead. I don't know if the 2 output transformers are dead or the reed relay is bad? How do I test them? 2. one of the phono input jack is missing the outer cover? I don't...
  3. S

Sansui Alpha series Bias adjustment question ?

Any alpha series owner know what kind of plug with wiring do I need to get, to do adjustments easier? I have the α607MRX and it's 5 pin. Thanks!
  4. S

Sansui AU-717 volume pot question!

Hi Everyone! I just disassembled the volume pot of the AU-717. And I wonder if this is normal ? only the last one (#4) have both fingers on the track normally, (#3) both fingers are bending back. (#1 and #2) only use one finger on the tracks?
  5. S

Push nut for Sansui AU-717 volume pot.

Does Anyone know if the 3mm push nut will fit the volume pot of the AU-717? I can't find the m2.5mm anywhere in the US. I see 3mm available on auction site from China. Thanks!
  6. S

Help ! Kenwood KA-5002 lost right channel.

Hi, all! I hope some Kenwood expert can help me get the right channel of my KA-5002 back. If I use the KA-5002 as power amp and my Sansui AU-717 as pre-amp then both channel is fine. So the problem is in the pre-amp? I also test the output transistors all 4 are ok. I also replaced all (I think...
  7. S

Sansui G-7000 Bias adjustment issue!

Hi all, I'm currently working on my friend's G-7000 that was bought as a parts/repair unit. I'd found that the right channel was dead, the 2 output transistors (2SB681 & 2SD551) and on the driver board the 2 resistors (R42 & R56) and 1 transistor TR14 (2SB536) were bad. So i replaced those...
  8. S

Sansui G-22000 in So Cal!

I just saw this. no affiliation of course. http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/ele/5358658579.html
  9. S

Sansui AU-α607 MRX question?

Hi all! I just picked up a Sansui AU-α607 MRX but it's 230v, I always curious how these alpha series sound like and I like the golden look. So when I saw one and advertised as almost new but been in the closet for more than a decade, I couldn't resist. Now I wonder if the transformer can be...
  10. S

Need help trouble shooting no DC offset on one channel

Hi, all Marantz experts! I need some help with trouble shooting my 2238B that I just recapped, After recap everything works fine and all the adjustments were fine too, until I put the speaker selector rods back in and I believed that the plate that holds the rectifier bridge touched the main...
  11. S

Marantz 2252B transformer question?

Hi all! I have a Marantz 2252B that has a very "hot" transformer, I don't know if this is normal for this model? I just recapped it and everything is working fine, I was able to adjust the DC offset and Bias with no problem . my 2238B and 2285B's transformer don't seem to be hot at all. I'm just...
  12. S

Sansui G-9000DB protection issue!

Hi Sansui experts! I can't figure out why my G-9000DB is doing this? it has been recapped about a year ago and it was working fine until yesterday. While It powered on and came out of protection fine but if I turned the "Tone" switch on or press one of the "Filters" button then it would go into...
  13. S

Lots of turntables!

Wow,that's a lot of turntables and maybe good prices too? http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/ele/4856985301.html
  14. S

My very first Marantz!

Hi All! This is my first post in the Marantz forum, I recently acquired a Marantz 2285B for $140. I guess I got lucky because here in So Cal the price of Marantz is almost on par with Epray! The owner said that it does produce sound but intermittently. Nearly 5 hours and 150 miles round trip in...
  15. S

Sansui AU-D11 parts list?

Hi all! Does anyone have a parts list for the AU-D11 ? I just got one for a decent price, but it's stuck in the protection mode and in a rusty condition. So I opened up the amp and look around. I found 1 missing 0.22 ohm 5w resistor next to 1 with a broken leg.I wondered where did it go? maybe...
  16. S

Help with G-9000DB crackling sound!

Hi Sansui experts! I purchased this G-9000DB knowing it was stuck in protection mode and blown right channel. After a month of replacing the trim pots,many blown resistors,transistors and all of the small e-caps.I didn't recap the oval caps yet.I also did clean all the switches and...
  17. S

Need help with G-5700!

Hello Sansui experts! I bought this G-5700 with no sound but power on,I had to replace the C2580N and A1105N and also one B527 on one bad channel, I also just finished recapped all the small electrolytic caps and replaced the trim pots with 25 turn ones,But I'm having trouble adjusting the Bias...
  18. S

AU-717 no Bias help!

Hi! Everyone. I'm a newbie here. And this is my first time trying to fix an electronic device. I just got this AU-717 not long ago with one dead and one very weak channel. So after reading this forum for quite a while to understand what I need to get this amp up and running again. I had replaced...
Back
Top Bottom