Search results

1. tau_ceti

Tandberg TCD 440 A

$100? Oh man, that’s so much less than I paid for mine. I don’t like creating new threads so I necrobumped this one. I’m looking for a PDF of the owner’s manual. They seem nonexistent. Anybody have any one?
  2. tau_ceti

Southern California Registry

I was looking up Viellas and wound up here so I wanted to say although I'm no longer in Southern California (I was not far from Ahead Stereo and its weird animal) and am now in Northern Jersey. I did well in the last year in the markets and with people I know dying of COVID, I went to Audio...
  3. tau_ceti

Nakamichi System-One • Comprising of rack mounted 600, 610, 620 and 630 Components.

It's a bit late to respond, sorry, but for the sake of information… I have found that the tabs can be tightened enough to hold the gear in place BUT I wouldn't rely on it for the long term. I find it best to start stacking at the bottom and insert any necessary blank panels (I have two but you...
  4. tau_ceti

Access ?

So where is it, I'm a subscriber but it doesn't appear.
  5. tau_ceti

Access ?

But it’s gone now, right? Permanently?
  6. tau_ceti

Barter Town, or Other Selling & Buying Venues

Oh geez, I missed that and subscribed. I’m glad to help the site, but I think that the Bartertown preview should be deleted.
  7. tau_ceti

Carlsson Speakers (OA-51, OA-52, etc)

A place to talk Carlsson. I blew out the woofer on my OA-52.1 yesterday but Madisound carries the Scanspeak 8542 so I am back in business when they arrive tomorrow. I figured I should replace both for good measure. What should I use to get them sealed in properly? RTV Silicone? Should I clean...
  8. tau_ceti

RIP ROGER ALAN MODJESKI (Music Reference)

Goodbye to a great engineer, lover of tubes, and amber of the Music Reference RM-9, RM-5, and other great electronics. http://www.electrafidelity.com
  9. tau_ceti

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

I like this idea. I think the heavy gauge vinyl could work well for me.
  10. tau_ceti

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

I just got an isonic 4875II with an MVR10. I highly recommend this unit and jerry at isonic gives great customer service. My current process is 1. Ultrasonic clean 2. Rinse in Spin Clean 3. Dry with spin clean clothes 4. Vacuum on Okki Nokki. 3. is my issue, if I don’t do it, the underside...
  11. tau_ceti

If you are in vintage vinyl - get ultrasonic cleaner!

Well, largely in ignorance of this thread, I purchased an iSonic and it arrived today. What a great unit! I've done 10 records and they came out with much less surface noise than after a vacuum with my Okki Nokki record vacuum. I'm impressed by how simple the unit was to put together and operate...
  12. tau_ceti

Nakamichi System-One • Comprising of rack mounted 600, 610, 620 and 630 Components.

I don’t know why I don’t get these messages in email like I am supposed to, but did you find out about the bleed through?
  13. tau_ceti

Need suggestion to choose brands

B&W P7
  14. tau_ceti

What’s the best top access tape deck?

Nope. I bid on a Tandberg 440A.
  15. tau_ceti

Better than a Tandberg or a Nak? It looks lovely though.
  16. tau_ceti

Could a Nak 700 be used lying down if the feet came off?
  17. tau_ceti

I have a space in my stereo cabinet, formerly used for a turntable, in which I want to put a tape deck. It’s top access only. I’ve got a Nakamichi 600 but it’s in my system one rack, so I don’t really want to take it out. I had a Tandberg TCD 310 thirty years ago and miss it. Any thoughts?
  18. tau_ceti

Nakamichi 700

Can the 700 be used lying down? Do the feet come off easily?
  19. tau_ceti

Doors,Fleetwood Mac and others in 45rpm

The 45rpm Doors albums from Acoustic Sounds are just amazing. I’ve got a lot invested in this system, including a substantial digital path, but this blows away SACD rips and such. It is just so impressive... listening to Morrison Hotel. So good!
  20. tau_ceti

Mid century modern mini speakers?

Thanks, man!
  21. tau_ceti

Vandersteen 5A Carbon Cabinet Rebuild

Sorry I’ve been awol. Let me know if I can help. One thing I can’t do is put these speakers in their sides. 180 pounds!
  22. tau_ceti

Mid century modern mini speakers?

Here are my Carlsson Ortho-Acoustic OA-52 speakers (the 1980s successor to Sonab) with a Music Reference RM-9 MK II. The speakers disappear nicely, but because they are designed to spread sound around the room, well, they do that. The painting (since someone will doubtless ask) is by my...
  23. tau_ceti

Rotel RSP-1570 trouble

Hello all, I purchased a Rotel RSP-1570 from a reputable eBay dealer (decent volume, all 5 stars) in March. I plugged it into my basement system and there didn't seem to be anything amiss, but that just meant I made sure the left and right channels worked. I finally got it set up today and now...
  24. tau_ceti

Vandersteen 5a Project

Here's my thinking … This is the best article on the 5A construction. There are a couple of fabric covered slots in the bottom and one in the back that allow the bass to blast out in a controlled fashion... http://www.vandersteen.com/media/files/APJ Files/APJ12_proof.pdf And this...
  25. tau_ceti

Vandersteen 5A's Owner's?

I can help you with that, just going abroad this weekend for a few days for work …
Back
Top Bottom