Search results

1. hugo454

Conrad Johnson HV-1A question

I am trying to establish the correct way to install and use this pre amp. How exactly is it connected? I have tried with the output from mc cart to the input of the hv-1a then into the phono input of a pv-2a. I think that is incorrect.
  2. hugo454

VPI second 9" arm

Can a second 9" JMW arm be added to my Scoutmaster ?
  3. hugo454

If you could only keep one pair

Would you keep the; Heresy's Ohm Walsh 4 Allison 1 Artistic Mobious Listen mainly to vinyl through Conrad Johnson pre and Mcintosh mc240. All tube system listening to rock, jazz and blues. I am downsizing and selling off excess.
  4. hugo454

Huge tube tester sale

saw a post in Facebook, Palm Bay Florida (East Coast) for literally the largest amount of tube testers I've ever seen. Looks like a garage full.
  5. hugo454

Bosch Legacy Letdown

I enjoyed watching the Bosch series and liked that I basically had the same stereo system he had on the show,an Mx110,Mc240 and Ohm Walsh 4's.I had noticed that there were no speaker wires running to the Ohm's. Now I am watching the new Series "legacy" and he still has the same stereo which I...
  6. hugo454

Thoughts on YAQIN MS-300C

Wondering what the general consensus is in regards to the MS-300C. I am thinking of purchasing one. I have been considering a 300b tube amp as my next amp and have not had any responses to my WTB post so I figured the Yaqin looks like a good bet.Thoughts?
  7. hugo454

Which amp should I keep

I am considering downsizing and was wondering which of these 2 Jolida amps which I currently own would be the most preferable to keep.Preamp used is a Conrad Johnson PV2A,speakers are Ohm Walsh 4's and it would strictly be used for vinyl playback.
  8. hugo454

Nuvistor tube inquiry

I have a conrad johnson HV-1A and am confused as to which nuvistor tubes are acceptable, seems there are several different ones. I may just have to open it up and see what's there already. Are all nuvistor tubes interchangeable?
  9. hugo454

Tonearm I.D.

anyone recognize this arm?
  10. hugo454

I.D. assistance needed

I am a beginner with audio repairs and need some help identifying this so I can replace it. this is from a stromberg carlson asr-333 which I recapped and after several months I have one channel significantly lower volume than the other.I found this burnt and figure it needs replacing.Tubes are...
  11. hugo454

Capacitor value assistance

are these 2uf ? they are on tweeter Stromberg Carlson
  12. hugo454

Neat turntable??

Any info on this turntable would be greatly appreciated.Looks identical to a Neat P-58 except this one has a speed adjust knob in upper left corner.I am using it on my project and would like to know a bit more about it if possible.
  13. hugo454

Can't believe no one has scooped this up

Vintage heathkit system,complete with speakers.No affilliation ,wish I lived closer Item #173496640088
  14. hugo454

DIY Bose "tulip" speaker stands

Well I had been looking for a better set of speaker stands and finally realized that I liked the vintage look of the old Bose "tulip" style stands.I soon discovered that most sellers did not want to sell the stands separately from the speakers and if they had just the stands for sale, they...
  15. hugo454

Early MX 110 help needed

after getting my MX110 back from a tech,I noticed a pop sound through the speaker shortly after turning it on.I thought that maybe there was a bad tube so I went ahead and replaced all the tubes in the MX110 after purchasing a tube set for this model from the bay. Now I have no F.M.! Phono...
  16. hugo454

mc 240 & mx110 assistance needed

Just scored a mcintosh mc240 and a mx110.Need some local help in getting this up and running.I would like to get the tubes tested .then probably have both units gone through.I prefer someone local.Any help would be greatly appreciated,I am a newbie when it comes to tube gear.
  17. hugo454

New to me VPI Scoutmaster

My daughter just stopped by and dropped off my latest acquisition.VPI Scoutmaster Signature.got it all pretty much all dialed in but the misses is taking a nap,so I will have to be patient before I can really put it through its paces.
  18. hugo454

Rega Planar 25 or Rotell 3000

just wondering which would be the most bang for the buck.both are similarly priced
  19. hugo454

Interesting Similarity

came across this auction and saw a stunning similarity to my headphones which were a fraction of the cost when Radio Shack was closing stores
  20. hugo454

It's Baaaccckkk

still trying to sell at his ridicoulus price I offered 2k months ago, felt it was more than fair. http://www.ebay.com/itm/131367923560?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  21. hugo454

rack mount for RG-1

What do I need in order to rack mount my RG-1 ??
  22. hugo454

klipsch I.D

picked these up today and am wondering what series they are.need the experts to chime in. thanks
  23. hugo454

my stereo

After much lurking and searching, this is where I am currently at. The empire 698 has a Sumiko black pearl cartridge and the Mitsubishi DP-EC8 has a Denon DL-103.one of the Mitsu amps powers a pair of Polk audio RTA12's and the other Mitsu amp powers a set of mystery speakers which I picked up...
  24. hugo454

Sony 3120 question

I currently run 2 of the sony 3120 amps, early versions. My question is regarding the level adjust on the rear of the amp, should I keep it at the max setting, 3/4, etc. or should I adjust it while listening to music and set it where It sounds best? Also there is a switch with 2 positions on...
  25. hugo454

Hello , my name is Hugo and have lurked around here from time to time and learned quite a bit.Took the plunge and joined. my system consists of: sony 2000 preamp 2 sony 3120 amps early versions sony st-2950-sd tuner pioneer rg-1 2 sony pst-3 turntables 2 polk audio rta-12 2 homebrew...
Back
Top Bottom