Search results

1. Roy Skinner

T Mobile and and Motorola issue

I have a Moto Z 2 phone and T Mobile service. When I call from my easy chair or even outside my house, I can hear clearly, but can not be heard clearly. This seems to be a problem with my location. My sweetheart does not have any trouble hearing when I call from work. I have not had any issues...
  2. Roy Skinner

What would the experts do? 2 Bose 100 wpc Spatial Control receivers, anyway to combine them?

I have been pondering the idea of how to combine my two receivers to work together if possible with a common input signal, turntable, cd player etc. I don't know anything about bridging or combining separate amps like monoblocks. I have just been wondering about it. I have a Harmon Kardon 100...
  3. Roy Skinner

Sansui 4000, 5000A. Power switch.

Are the power switches in the 4000, and 5000A the same switch?
  4. Roy Skinner

Bose 901Series II female clip

This clip is only on one of the speakers.
  5. Roy Skinner

Sansui 350A BOM?

Is there a BOM available for resistors, transistors, and caps for the Sansui 350A?
  6. Roy Skinner

Bose 901 Series one driver rattle or bzt?

My beloved Bose 901s seem to have a problem. In the right speaker there seems to be a rattling or bzting driver. I first noticed it while playing the turn table loudly. Of course, loudly. No' I do not really know at what frequency. I was able to get a not so strong bzting sound while playing...
  7. Roy Skinner

Audio Engine B1, Experience?

What experience have AKers had with the Audio Engine B1. I will be working through the hours of my favorite Public Radio shows, so I will be needing high quality blue tooth for listening on demand. I will need high quality music sound. Thanks, Roy
  8. Roy Skinner

Where can I get a power cord for a Char Broil electric grill?

I have already checked e bay, Amazon, and Googled it.
  9. Roy Skinner

Syncro in a can cap?

I am rebuilding my Heathkit IT 12 signal tracer. I have removed the can cap, and upon closer examination I have spotted at the top of the cap list on the can this listing: A-25-65 syncro. What does this mean, and what do I need to know, and do when I restuff this?
  10. Roy Skinner

4000 tuner needle lights

I am in need of assistance putting needle lights in the 4000. I purchased the lights from Wojo. Two lights, four large leads.
  11. Roy Skinner

San 4000, what bulb?

What bulb is this on my 4000? I have replaced the old bulb with a new bulb from Woo. Excellent service by the way. Also does the tuner needle light have to work for the stereo indicator light to function? I have not taken the front off yet
  12. Roy Skinner

Finally Hakko FR300

I finally took everyone's advice, and ordered a Hakko FR 300 desoldering gun. I ordered it from B+D Enterprises for less than anywhere else because I called about an out of date coupon code. I am now looking forward to my next project. Hated the solda put, and solder wick. Thanks for everyone's...
  13. Roy Skinner

Vacum desoldering Tenma 21 19700

Does anyone have any experience with the Tenma unit. The price is reasonable, and a new to the line up unit. MCM has it for $149.00
  14. Roy Skinner

4000 bias adjust question

I have replaced all the caps that I am going to replace on my 4000. I am needing to adjust the bias now. Of course I have run into an issue. 1. I can not find VR 804. According to the repair manual it is in section 1A. There are two VR on the 1150 board. 803, and 801. 803 is the bias adjust. 2...
  15. Roy Skinner

How do I use this Oscillator??

I have not been able to find a manual for this particular oscillator. I want to use it with my Tek 465b scope to adjust the current, output, and protection board of my Sansui 4000.
  16. Roy Skinner

Cap polarity, black dot?

Does the black dot on this lead indicate negative? I can't see any markings on the body of the cap for the negative lead.
  17. Roy Skinner

Marantz 7000G on E Bay heads up

I just stopped in at a local thrift shop. They had a system they will only sell via e bay. Marantz 7000G receiver Marantz SD 8000 cassette player Marantz turntable 6000 Teac 6010 R to R. Marantz speakers Ebay.com/shelf850 supposed to be posted Thur the 29th.
  18. Roy Skinner

Marantz 7000G on E Bay heads up

I just stopped in at a local thrift shop. They had a system they will only see via e bay. Marantz 7000G receiver Marantz SD 8000 cassette player Marantz turntable 6000 Teac 6010 R to R. Marantz speakers Ebay.com/shelf850 supposed to be posted Thur the 29th.
  19. Roy Skinner

Sansui 4000 Bose 401

I need to know if I can safely play theBose 401 4 ohm speakers with the 4000. I can't remember if I used them together before or not.
  20. Roy Skinner

Blue tooth to vintage stereo.

I purchased an Avantree blue tooth tranceiver v3.0 to listen to you tube videos from my LG phone, and tablet. When I first connected the Avantree to the stereo by rca jacks the volume was very inadequate. Much lower than cd, or tape. I turned the volume all the way up on the device. Not much...
  21. Roy Skinner

What oscillator to set output of Sansui 4000?

I am reading ahead in my service manual for my 4000. It reccomends using an oscillator to adjust the output. What oscillator do you reccomend. I have the Tecktronix 465B scope to use with it. I have an old notebook computer, and an LG tablet. I would prefer ,due tomy l imited computer skill, an...
  22. Roy Skinner

4000 restore/recap

I am trying to figure out which caps to replace the 2200uf 80v caps with. The existing Elnas have approximately 1/2" rectangle leads. They even have a small hole in them that an insulated wire passes through. Most of the caps I am finding are spring, or screw leads. Help please?
  23. Roy Skinner

4000 restore/recap

I just followed the advice about cleaning the level adjustment on the back of the unit. It worked wonderfully. I was having problems with one channel being weak. I was amazed at how easy and effective this was. Both channels sound great again. Now that it is "repaired" I am considering recap. It...
Back
Top Bottom