Search results

1. edkoz

Any audiophiles in the Rochester NY area?

Would like to know if there are any audio groups in the Rochester NY area. With the winters up here I would expect there would be plenty of time to talk about this hobby. Thanks Ed
  2. edkoz

tubes for C2300

I have a C2300 on order from my dealer.. To say the least, I am very excited!!! I felt this was a good time to order a set of 12AX7 tubes as well. There is some confusion (on my part) on what to order. I found a place on line where I could get Gold Lion B759/ECC83/12AX7 tubes for $45 each...
  3. edkoz

Would the C2300 make it even better?

Like many Mcintosh fans, I am always looking to make my system (MDA1000, MEN220, MVP861, Bryston 7B SST, Furman 20i power reg and B&W 802Ds) even sound better. Hence the question, would the addition of the C2300 add anything to the overall quality of the music. Thanks Ed
  4. edkoz

Best PC audio server software?????

I would like to use my PC as a high rez music server but, I'm not sure what software to use for copying the CDs, downloading high rez music and playback' My HP desktop has a 2TB hard drive and a video card with a optical output. The digital output feeds into my Mcintosh MDA1000. I feel I have...
  5. edkoz

ms300

My ms300 is just blinking away. Looks like the hard drive is dead. Does anyone know where i can get a replacement hard drive and the restore disk? I want to avoid sending it in for repair if i can. Thanks Ed
  6. edkoz

Bi-amp with Men220?

Has anyone bi-amped when using the Men220? While I am VERY happy with what the Men220 did for my system, I'm curious if anyone has bi-amped and found an improvement. My speakers are B&W 802Ds, so I could bi-amp if there was a benifit. I know there has been considerable conversation about...
  7. edkoz

Is there a way MX135+MDA+MEN220 ?????

Been enjoying the addition of the Men220 using the MDA1000 as the preamp. The combo is out of this world. But, Now that the the mx135 is not in the system I can't use my phono (there is no analog input on the MDA1000):music:. Is there a way of connecting the MX135 into the system so i can also...
  8. edkoz

how to turn off internal sub crossover

I have a (velodyne HGS15HT) sub that I can not figure how to bypass the internal crossover. I want to use the crossover in the Mcintosh MX135 instead. I currently have a balanced connection from the mcintosh to the balanced input on the sub. Any help would be appreciated. Thaks Ed
  9. edkoz

MEN 220 up & running..almost!

I spent the night playing with the MEN220 in my system (MX135, MDA1000,MVP861 and B&W 802Ds). Took some time BUT.... The improvement is beyond my expectations. It sounds like the artist is my room singing! Still need to play with the sub (velodyne HGS15HT) crossover and redo the RP. Just can't...
  10. edkoz

Need new amp(s) !

I need a new amp(s) to drive my B&W 802Ds and would like to go with Mcintosh this time. Any suggestions? I have a MVP861,MX135 and a MS300 in my system. Thanks Ed
  11. edkoz

Men220

Does anyone have experiance with the MEN220? I have a room that is 18" x 36" with hardwood floors. I have an all Mcintosh system (MX135,MS300,501amps and MVP861. My speakers are B&W802d). My problem is that my ability to use acustic treatments are limited and I feel that an EQ correction would...
  12. edkoz

New room - amps ok?

Moving to a new home in two months. My new Great room/ HT/ Listening room is 18.5' wide, 38' long and 8' high. I am currently running my B&W 802Ds with mac 501s. There is carpet on the floor. Will the 501s deliver in a room this size????
  13. edkoz

To those that know

Have enough in my Mc account to make a new purchase, The choice is a MDA1000 or a set of 501s. My current system consits of B&W 802Ds, MS300, MX135, mda861, MC207 and a Polk XM system and Bryston 7BSST mono amps. The system seems a bit bright at times but has great bass.
  14. edkoz

balanced vs RCA with mx135 and 501 amps

I have been using RCA ICs to connect my source gear, MX135 and 501 amps. Happy with the performance but I have been reading a great deal about "balanced" connections that I was wondering if there would be much if any performance improvements? The amps are located about two meters from the MX135...
  15. edkoz

Is the MDA1000 DAC that much better?

As usual, I looking to "improve" the music coming out of my system and I was wondering if the MDA1000 dac would really make a difference and if so, how. In other words, Is the MDA1000 DAC that much better than the one in my MX135. My current system includes, MX135, MPV861, MS300, MC2007, MC501...
  16. edkoz

Mc SS preamp vs. Mc Tube preamp

I don't want this to turn out as "tube is better than SS or vice-versa", but what I would like to know from thoughs that have or have had both species, what are the positive attributes of both when listening to 2 channel? I currently play my 2 channel music through the Mcintosh MX135 into my B&W...
  17. edkoz

C2200 vs. MX135 for 2 Ch listening

Even though I use my MX135 for HT (with great results) I find myself listening to 2 ch music more and more (80% 2 Ch vs. 20% HT). My question is does the 2 Ch C2200 offer an improvement over the MX135 2 ch capabilities? The speakers I am using for the 2 ch playback are B&W 802Ds. I understand...
  18. edkoz

Anti-ICs and MX135 ???

deleted
  19. edkoz

Data link between Mcintosh gear?

I have read the owners manuals a number of times for the Mcintosh components but I'm still not sure what the data links are used for. Any help in understanding the purpose of these links would be a ppreciated.
  20. edkoz

Will the MDA1000 improve CD perfornance?

I have been reading a great many threads about the 201 and 861 CD players capabilities and I am curious if any of the folks here have a MDA1000. The question is, does the MDA1000 allow the red book CD to put forward all there is avaialble in sound reproduction? I know that the MDA1000 has had...
  21. edkoz

Sticky meters

Is there a way to keep those wonderful Mcintosh meter needles from sticking? Seems that almost every day one or more of the meter needles on my MC207 stick on start up. I have to give them a little tap on the meter and then all is well.
  22. edkoz

MCD201 vs. MVP861 for redbook?

Has anyone compared the MCD201 vs. MVP861 for playback of rebook CDs? I have been reading all the comments on the MCD201 issues but, I was wondering (when all the updates have been made to the MCD201) if the MCD201 is the same or "better" that the MVP861 for CDs? I have been using the 861...
  23. edkoz

MC207 input/speaker connections?

The MC207 manual states that you should connect the MX135 speaker output ICs to the MC207 according to the labels on the MC207. My question is, aside from having the meters work for the left/right and center channels, is there a reason that they must be connected this way? Are each of the seven...
  24. edkoz

Don't have a clue!

I set up my MC207 to drive my center, L/F surround and back L/R surround and all works fine except. In order to see those wonderful meters doing there thing, I connected the the L/R surround speakers to input 1 and 7 on the MC207. Works great. Meters move like they should. But when I connected...
  25. edkoz

Mcintosh Lab tour

Was thinking of treating myself to a visit to Audio Classics and a tour of the Mcintosh factory as a birthday gift to myself. Does anyone know if they still do that and if so, are there certian days of the week and hours?? I live only a couple hours away and I have wanted to get down there for...
Back
Top Bottom