Search results

1. signman

Technics SL-D2

I have the SL-D3 with a Grado Blue cartridge on it. I would highly recommend the Grado and you dont get that signature Grado hum people talk about with the Technics.
  2. signman

Resurrected and Modified U-Turn Orbit Plus with Sony tonearm

Nicely done. I have 2 UTurns and love them.
  3. signman

Pics of your listening space

nice to look at so many cool listening spaces. wish i had a lot of room like some of you do. alas, i live in a one bedroom apartment and can only do so much with it but am happy with the current layout of both systems i have in their respective rooms. living room: adcom gfa545ii amplifier...
  4. signman

Need help with older shure cartridge

wualta. Thanks for the advice. Will keep in mind when i test it out.
  5. signman

tw1st, Thanks for the reinforcement. Didn't want to play any records with it long term until getting a backup opinion. Glad to hear you'd do it if it was yours. Guess i'll mount her up, give her a run and see how she sounds. Some thing good to do on an otherwise boring holiday weekend. And worst...
  6. signman

tw1st, ear4audio,wualta. Thank you for all your input and great knowledge of Shure cartridges. Up until now I've been at a loss. Plus I've visited KAB's site many times and never saw or knew there was a Shure cross reference chart on their website. Just for opinions sake, looking at the...
  7. signman

noisefreq, thanks for the reply. i did try it out when i first got it. sounded fine. replaced it only because i wasn't sure of the stylus condition. looking at it closely it seems to be in fairly good condition but figured why take a chance until i can be sure. if i go for a new stylus i will...
  8. signman

What TT's do you folks have

Me: U-Turn Orbit Black w/ onboard Pluto Preamp and a Grado Green Cartridge U-Turn Orbit Maple w/ a Grado Black Cartridge The Wife: Denon DP-15F w/ an Audio Technica AT-91 Cartridge Had a Denon DP-51F, loved it, let it go due to to many computer board issues, Bought the U-Turns and never...
  9. signman

Hello fellow analogers. I was wondering and hoping if any of you can help me with this Shure Pro7 cartridge I acquired when I picked up a used Denon DP-15F turntable for the wife. It has a Shure HE stylus attached to it. I've searched hi and low on the web but can"t seem to come up with any...
  10. signman

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

My two Denon decks. DRM-2 & DRM-11. Both are for sale in the marketplace thread if anyone is interested.
  11. signman

hang to live and love to listen

hang to live and love to listen
  12. signman

newbie here figured id start by saying hi and throwing my system up for view

luxmantom - theres a pair on ebay right now. heres the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151102035605?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
  13. signman

thanks for all the greetings people. good to know abi is still in business somewhat. if i ever do need to redo my tweets i'll know its not a completely lost situation. even tho i consider myself a mechanically capable individual i dont understand electronics enough to start messing ariund with...
  14. signman

in reference to the ferrofluid " recharge". i heard you actually had to remove the units and send them out to be serviced. something you cant do yourself and the going rate at the time was about $150US per tweeter or maybe the set-not sure. there was only one person out of canada with the parts...
  15. signman

for the life of me i'll never remember the name of the audio dealer on long island. it was actually an individual guy with his own hi-fi sound store that he had opened above a fire house in freeport on south bayview ave. off atlantic. the fire house is still there today but no longer in service...
  16. signman

hi there blhagstrom. i'm from the long island n.y. area. spl225 - i bought these at a small hi-fi shop above a firehouse at the time in freeport. and yes back in the day these were considered expensive. at the time i paid $800 with the stands. those polks you have are nice. i considered a...
  17. signman

Hi people. Just joined the forum. been looking in from the outside for quite sometime now. i have to say each and everyone of you has a system to admire in its own respect. thought id start out by putting up my living room system. I'm running an Adcom GFA-545II amp with an Adcom GTP-400...
Back
Top Bottom