Search results

1. O

Free week of Digital Concert Hall (Berlin Phil)

I've liked the Berlin Philharmonic's digital concert hall for a few years now, but it is expensive and I let my subscription lapse. For Christmas we re-upped for a month so I could get a feel for what's been happening in my absence. When I went to sign into the new sub, my old account info was...
  2. O

kef q100 - meh

so, I'm in the process of setting up my home office. Currently, the Q100s are being sold at 299 a pair delivered by a lot of vendors - I think clearing inventory ahead of the Q150. I went ahead and decided to give them a whirl, and my verdict is "meh." Granted, that verdict is coming from...
  3. O

Help converting laserdisc to more viable format

(Mods, please move this elsewhere if there's a better place for it.) I'd like to convert a performance recording on Laserdisc to a more widely supported format for my own personal use. Problem is, I don't have (and would prefer not to own) a Laserdisc for the few times when I would want...
  4. O

180 bucks in wood, 20 bucks in expansion bolts, and a few things I'll reuse....

180 bucks in wood, 20 bucks in expansion bolts, and a few things I'll reuse.... After seeing the truly excellent Pioneer stands that Rob's woodworker made (http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=447194) I thought I'd my experience putting together some platforms. TL;DR: I don't...
  5. O

cheapest multimeter good for AC @ 20khz?

One of the folks in general recommended I post this here: I'm looking for an inexpensive multimeter that will measure AC voltage to around 50 millivolt at frequencies of 20 khz. I'm looking at the analog output from a disc player into a passive preamp. I think I have an impedance mismatch...
  6. O

what should I listen to before deciding?

I've decided it's time to revisit my signal amplification - not that it's no good, but that the separates are a pretty giant power hog, and I think my current amp can be upgraded effectively. Six months ago I got sucked back into the stew after years of sobriety by a pair of Thiel 2.2s at an...
  7. O

Celestions and Pets

I'm looking for some advice here. I've just won an ebay auction for a pair of SL-600si speakers, lovely beasts that I enjoyed a great deal in college - at the homes of those who could afford them. We have a pair of happy dogs who know naught about speakers. One of our dogs thinks its name...
Back
Top Bottom