Search results

1. noisefreq

Pistol mini series

Been watching the mini series about the Sex Pistols. I'm 4 episodes in of a six part series on HULU. Not bad. It's fun spotting the who's famous before they were famous. Created by screenwriter Craig Pearce of Romeo+Juliette, Moulin Rouge and The Great Gatsby fame. Kind of reminds me of 2016s...
  2. noisefreq

West Side Story 2021

I am not one for musicals. I took my wife to this for her birthday but I gotta say, this movie is just excellent. The movie was filmed in 35mm and just has that 1960s film visual texture. It is very true to the style of the 1961 version but dare I say, better than the original. Spielberg really...
  3. noisefreq

New life for vintage B&O

I found this interesting: https://www.whathifi.com/news/bang-and-olufsen-to-restore-1972-beogram-4000-turntables-and-other-classics Wonder if this translates into new MMC cartridges?
  4. noisefreq

Getting aquainted with VANDERSTEEN

Found a Technics P-mount table on Craigslist so I called and found out he was selling a nice pair of 2Ci, too. Older guy, downsizing, moving closer to his kids. They have the HEAVY bases and he gave me his speaker connects. Also bought his Technics SL 10.
  5. noisefreq

Octave Gold speakers?

Anyone have experience with these? https://kansascity.craigslist.org/ele/d/lexington-octave-gold-speakers/6874879862.html There is nothing online about them. Kind of a far drive for me but...
  6. noisefreq

Sansui SR-333 problem with start up

It needs a little push to get going sometimes. Once spinning, it holds speed just doesn't always start when switched on. Checked the caps on the power board, all good. What would keep the motor from starting?
  7. noisefreq

Anyone see the Independent Lens documentary RUMBLE

Starts out with Link Wray and moves thought Charley Patton, Mildred Bailey, Buffy Saint-Marie, Peter La Farge, Jimi Hendrix, Robbie Robertson, Jesse Ed Davis, Randy Castillo and several more. Really worth checking out. https://www.pbs.org/video/rumble-the-indians-who-rocked-the-world-vyepam/
  8. noisefreq

4kHD TV too good for my current setup?

Been thinking about getting a bigger television. My son found one for sale that is 4k ultra high definition, OK, price was right, seems like great reviews, I like Samsung's picture. Get it all hooked up and... the lettering is fuzzy, the image is blurry and the picture looks washed out. What...
  9. noisefreq

Miles Ahead

Anyone else watching Miles Ahead on AXS channel?
  10. noisefreq

Lake house jam session

I've never claimed to be a musician, I'm more of a sound tech guy. But I love creating music and whenever I get a chance, I like to use samples, loops and delays to build up sound sculptures that others can play along with. I have a couple of musician friends who like to go down to my lake...
  11. noisefreq

CD included with Vinyl LP to compensate for lousy remaster?

Ordered the 2007 Lilith remaster of Cluster II LP. Cleaned and vacuumed it as I do all records, new or used. It came with a CD copy so for sh!ts and giggles I decided to do a comparison. I've gotten a few records that included a CD copy before. The CD blew the record away. This rarely...
  12. noisefreq

Records that reside next to each other on the shelf but are world's apart

This is constantly changing as new aquisitions are filed but some of these are almost comical. April Wine / Art Zoyd Alice Cooper / Cranioclast Doors / Double Leopards Fleetwood Mac / Flesh Eaters Tommy James / Jandak Mountain / Muslimgauze Talking Heads / Tangerine Dream...
  13. noisefreq

Westbrook piano

Got a free piano this week, from my wife's Aunt Pam. Thanks, Aunt Pam! It's a spinnet, sounds real good, and is a perfect fit for the basement studio. I've been trying to do my best Terry Riley on it but I've got a looong way to go. Can't wait to try different mics out on it! Anyone ever try...
  14. noisefreq

Best vinyl score in a year...or two!

I made my monthly trek to a couple local record shops. As I entered Revolution Records the resident record clerk looked at me and with a knowing smile and said "we just got a really good stash of product in". He said, "yeah, Ernie Locke sold us his record collection. you know Ernie, right?"...
  15. noisefreq

Difference between AR XA & AR XB tonearm rest

I bought an aftermarket XB style tonearm rest from fellow AK'er ScaleAutoArt. I Installed it on the TT only to discover the height is taller than the original black plastic one. So now, I can't set the dust cover on without hitting on the headshell. Is there a difference in the height of the...
  16. noisefreq

AR-XA revelation

I bought this AR-XA (TA) a few weeks ago and tore it down for a good cleaning. Have always heard real good things about these little tables so when one came along,I jumped on it. Found it to be in better shape than I originally thought after I got it home and apart. I stripped the brown...
  17. noisefreq

Grab Pile

Trying real hard to curb my record buying lately do to upgrading my tone arm in January which kind of tapped me out. So, I've been playing "grab pile" to keep things interesting. It's where I close my eyes and whatever I pull out I make myself listen to. Sunday, it was Nicolas Collins--Let the...
Back
Top Bottom