Search results

1. BlueBlaze

Marantz 2270: Power Supply Negative Voltage

Help! I just finished up recapping a 2270 (serial #52516) for my son in law, which included all boards excluding any tuner related. DBT'd between all boards and no issues. Also replaced all fuse & indicator lights with LEDs. Relay clicks and it sounds fine. However, before buttoning it up I'm...
  2. BlueBlaze

Harman Kardon A230 Ballad: Hayseed cans?

I'm in the process of recapping my A230. Ordered C1 & C2 cans from Hayseed which arrived the other day. Was surprised to see they are both black cardboard insulated, not silver cans. HH says they had the order as being for insulated. When I placed the order, I'd asked that they send me replicas...
  3. BlueBlaze

Fisher 500B: White Noise Gremlin (L channel)

I’m trying to resolve a nagging white noise issue in the left channel of my 500B. Right is completely quiet at all volumes. The noise is volume sensitive and the higher I turn up the Treble pot, the more pronounced it becomes. I’ve tried: Cleaning the pots & switches Cleaning the phase...
  4. BlueBlaze

Model 18 Radio Daze dial glass

I'd recently ordered replacement dial glass from Radio Daze for my Model 18. When I received it I'd noticed some minor imperfections and then did an AK search to see if anyone else had a similar experience. The only comments that I found were related to the repro dials not being exactly true to...
  5. BlueBlaze

Model 18 DC off-set

Left channel is reading OL on my Fluke 77 (original). Right channel adjusted to ~ zero. It sounds fine, nothing weird that I can hear. Any thoughts on what's up here?
  6. BlueBlaze

Model 18 restoration project questions

Spin-off from my Scope thread. Thanks again Tony (tonebells) for fixing my scope - I just followed his instructions and did the labor. It works! I've also installed Vishay main filter caps & am waiting for the Radio Daze dial glass to come in (should've ordered this a long time ago, there's a...
  7. BlueBlaze

Model 18 Scope help, please!

I’m attempting to repair the scope on my Model 18 & could use and would greatly appreciate some guidance. Knowledge level is minimal, though I have successfully recapped a few Marantz & Fisher receivers, thanks to the helpful postings of the members here. Have read most of the related threads...
  8. BlueBlaze

Stay at home project #2: Fisher 400 recap (Serial # 48387 U)

I'm still working on the cabinet from my 500c project #1 recap & will post final pics soon. Pretty pleased with the way it turned out. Thanks to all who helped me along! It sounds great driving a pair of Wharfedale W90's. Now, on to project #2: Fisher 400 late model. Serial #: 48387 U The 400...
  9. BlueBlaze

Stay at home project: Fisher 500c recap

It seems that I’ve found an abundance of free time, a silver lining to the madness. Current project is the recapping of a 500c, my 1st attempt on a tube receiver. I’ve successfully recapped several Marantz receivers (2270 x 2, 2275 & a 2325) with the help of numerous AK restoration threads. Not...
  10. BlueBlaze

AR Model R Receiver - loose wire help!

I've recently picked-up an AR Model R Receiver from an estate auction. Initially, I was not feeling too optimistic about it's functionality, but went ahead & hooked it up to a pair of ADS 880/2's, turned it on and thought we'll see what happens. After working the pots & switches it came to life...
  11. BlueBlaze

Fisher 500B Need Restoration Help, in Maryland

I sure could use, and would greatly appreciate, some advice on finding a tech in Maryland to complete the restoration of my 500B. I've received the can caps from Hayseed & expecting delivery soon of a kit from Metalbone. Not at all comfortable tackling this myself. Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom