Search results

1. Quadman2

Random Thoughts or Whatever

And every time I listen to "Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether" ('76), it breaks-me-up. :biggrin: It's just so different from the sombre mood of the rest of the tracks. Q
  2. Quadman2

Random Thoughts or Whatever

And if you get a chance...take in Alan Parson Project's rendition of Poe's short story: "A Dream Within A Dream". :music:The band does a great job of interpretation of Edgar's Tale with music! Q
  3. Quadman2

Haiku

Animals, when they love... know no emotional boundaries. People could learn much from the Animal World! Q
  4. Quadman2

Haiku

THOUGHTS (a Tanka) Fleeting fragments of neurons, streaming on pathways containing concepts of both our worlds we live in and some, we only dream of. Q
  5. Quadman2

Unsurpassed Master Guitarist Playlist

A really unique/captivating recording! Liked the different arrangements, change of tempos and the marriage of instrument and voice. Clarity ruled with the strings as they were played. Found the rendition had overtones of the Moodies, along with some other greats from the past melded in...
  6. Quadman2

Greetings from Cambridge Massachusetts

Welcome to the AK Crew. Going from "lurker" to being a member... a great plan. :thumbsup: And with that really decent gear, you are going going to be helping others in turn. Q
  7. Quadman2

Hi from Guatemala

Welcome to AK, amigo. Looks like you are already on the way to better sound! Lot's to learn Ask lots of questions. Personally, I really like Latino tunes! :music: Q
  8. Quadman2

Hi from Portugal

Welcome from cross the "Pond" and to AK. Nothing worse than a "dead Ken". :-( Look around. Ask questions. Take your time. Q
  9. Quadman2

Greetings from New England

Welcome Easterner to AK. Intro on the short side. Hope you'll come back, and share a bit more on yourself/audio gear... after yer settled, m'8! :bye: Q
  10. Quadman2

Retired and looking for a place to Hang out and Chat about Vinyl and 2 channel Systems.

Welcome to the AK Crew, m'8. With your motivation, "gear" and background.... you'll fit right in! :thumbsup: Q
  11. Quadman2

Old drummer new to forum

Welcome to the Land of Sound...AK. We need all guys we can get... who hang around with musicians! (little joke here):biggrin: Seriously, come on board! Q
  12. Quadman2

Hello from SW Washington at the beach.

Welcome to AK. Liked the way you expressed the "different ages for various aspects of life"! With yer background, you'll b e more than a fit! :thumbsup: Q
  13. Quadman2

Hello from Indiana!

Welcome to the AK Crew. Great to hear that you're carrying that "audio" legacy! Also, happy to see you've gone from "lurker"...to participant. :thumbsup: Q
  14. Quadman2

Have you been feeling angrier than usual lately?

Been thinking bout this "Anger" thingy, and how it seems to be affecting others, and I think many out there today are finding that so many things in life are becoming so controlled we feel powerless, and this leads to "frustration", which in turn leads to "anger". There is meaning in that old...
  15. Quadman2

The Word Association Game

Optimalization Q
  16. Quadman2

Immune Q
  17. Quadman2

Two words say it:

Flash freezing Q
  18. Quadman2

The "Almost a Hit" game

If You could Read My Sign - Gordon Lightfoot Knights In White Armour- Moody Blues Sixteen Tons And Don't You Forget it- Tenn Ernie Ford Q
  19. Quadman2

Kriegsfangenenlager (Stalag) Q
  20. Quadman2

Prediction!

Loosing this ability after Hawking passed on. :biggrin: TPBM would like to have a panoramic view of the Rockies while riding the rails going West...but hasn't yet. Q
  21. Quadman2

The Double Letter Game

Less Q
  22. Quadman2

Haiku

BIRTH AND DEATH Beginning our lives toothless, bald, and crying out, ending it the same. Q
  23. Quadman2

Why I don't bother with genre...

Like you RT, I do the "random selection" thingy, using a Sony A-45 high/res player for FLAC. Within the device there's about 6 or so "Mood" options wherein it decides on what will be played within what frame-of mind-you are in at the time. And with 3k+tunes available, I've more than enough of...
  24. Quadman2

Two words say it:

Prairie Oysters! :biggrin: Q
  25. Quadman2

How can I best reduce room reflections?

If you make use of the "Search" engine (upper right corner) and key in "dampening listening room", you should have about 11 pages of input/info that relate to your question of dealing with those "unwanted sound waves". Q
Back
Top Bottom