Search results

1. K

McIntosh C22 preamp

I was curious what the concensus was on the value of a mint condition C22. Not an original and not the 60th anniversary model, but the Frank McIntosh commem that was released in the mid-late 90s. Found it at an estate sale and I'm trying to figure out an offer. Thanks.
  2. K

How to EQ some XR5 speakers

Thanks for the info I just saw that...will work well. I never knew that. I'll flip them and see what I think.
  3. K

How to EQ some XR5 speakers

First off, I have an MX110 going to an MQ101 env. EQ, then to a pair of MC2200 amps. Those power two pairs of Mc XR5s...stacked. I grew up with my dad having two pairs of ML2s stacked, so I'm used to, and love these kind of speakers. Nice and loud with lots of bass. I like the way it...
  4. K

Noob question about TD 125 MK II

I'm trying to get my Thorens unit setup with my McIntosh system. I'm not sure where to plug in the RCAs though. The back of my MX110 has inputs for PH-1 Mag, PH-1 XTAL, and PH-2 Mag. Which set do I plug the Thorens into? The Thorens has an Ortofon OM-20 Super cartridge...if that matters...
  5. K

How to remove top on XR-5 speaker

I noticed on Roger Russell's website that the top and bottom can be removed from some of the XR speakers, including my XR-5s. Getting the bottoms off was easy. Took some screws out and they came off. I don't see any screws on the top section though. Anyone know how these tops come off? Thanks.
  6. K

Amp mounting angle

Is there anything wrong with having my pair of MC2200s angled up a little bit? All the rest of components are going in a cabinet at roughly chest level. The amps are going on a lower part of the rack...maybe 6" off the ground. The amps are so low, I think they look cool tilted back a bit...
  7. K

XR5's

It really does make a big difference on those Mc speakers that were designed to use it. I listened to my pair of ML-2C speakers without the MQ101 for about 10 minutes when I first put that system together. Wired up the MQ101 and listened to the same song...it was completely different and much...
  8. K

Amp advice

OK, this is making a lot more sense now. Yes there is a mono/stereo switch and yes the right RCA input has (mono) next to it. The last part I'm unsure of is where to put the positive and negative speaker wires. There is absolutely no labeling about mono above any of the speaker connections...
  9. K

Amp advice

I've searched this forum and read a bunch of threads the last couple of days, but I'm still confused. I don't know the best way to wire my system when I get the second amp. My ML2 speakers only have a single negative and single positive terminal on the back...so I think that means I can...
  10. K

Amp advice

Thanks for clearing that up. I like the (briefly) part of that post. Bet it wouldn't last long. So I pulled the trigger. Ordered another MC2200 from Audio Classics today. Can't wait.
  11. K

Amp advice

This may be a dumb question, but since I've never used two amps in one system before, I'll ask it. Will a pair of amps like that be too much current draw for one standard wall outlet in my basement?
  12. K

Amp advice

Cool. Thanks for the info. What kind of speakers are you using?
  13. K

Amp advice

Hello. I have a pair of ML-2 speakers. Besides the weight and size, I love how they sound. Current amp is an MC2200. Ugly, but sounds good. Here is my question. I'm thinking about getting a second MC2200 and having one per channel to double my power. Or I could sell/trade-in my current...
  14. K

Nothing like free McIntosh stuff

I know. Seriously. He was trying to give me some of the AM radios that I complimented him on too. I couldn't do it though. I would've felt strange taking anything else. This guy is seriously the coolest though. He said he enjoyed researching and hunting down old radios more than actually...
  15. K

:D I guess you learn something new everyday. All I know is that my wife brought some of that stuff home from the hospital to help us move. Of course those units weren't inside during the steam cleaning. I clean all of my Mc gear in the dishwasher...
  16. K

Hope you all enjoy this much overdue story. I've been meaning to post this for the last several months. My wife works for an anesthesia firm that has two company parties each year...similar to most places. The summer/picnic party is usually at one of those places with miniature golf...
  17. K

Ortofon

:D Looks like I really opened up a can of worms here.
  18. K

MX-110 phono section

That's good to hear. I had Terry DeWick to a full restoration on the MX-110 about a year ago, so everything is 100%. Thanks for the input.
  19. K

MX-110 phono section

I'm finally in the process of purchasing another turntable. I haven't used one yet with my MX-110. Just curious how its phono section stacks up against other vintage Mc pieces. I'm sure a few will be curious, so before you ask, I'm buying a restored Thorens TD-125 mkII. The last system I...
  20. K

Ortofon

This has got to be the least technical question anyone has asked here in a while. How do you pronounce Ortofon. Is the "fon" like phone or fawn? Thanks.
  21. K

Where the poor folks at?

:D At least my MC2200 doesn't sound ghetto. I don't care about the looks dept. as much as many of the people here. Anyway, here is my budget Mc system. MX110z that Terry did a beautiful restoration on MC2200 in perfect shape from Audio Classics Marantz CD5001 Monster Power HTS 3500 mkII...
  22. K

Which Thorens is for me?

This is great guys. It's exactly what I was looking for. Websites like this are what makes having a hobby like this so much easier. Thanks for all the info. Looks like I have some reading to do this afternoon. I found out about Terry DeWick and Glenn "Echo Wars" through this website, so I...
  23. K

Which Thorens is for me?

Hopefully some of you experts here can help me pick out which turntable is right for me. I've got a McIntosh tuner/preamp, amp, EQ and speakers with a Marantz CD player. I used to have a Garrard Zero 100, but it had multiple problems so I ditched it. I wasn't really ever into it that much...
Back
Top Bottom