Search results

1. Mitchell

2SC458 transistors used in Akai products

Transistors are made overseas in China or Singapore. . And the price is cheap but same quality as from a local supplier.I need a bunch of Bc550c I do use Digikey for other items.
  2. Mitchell

2SC458 transistors used in Akai products

I have bought a Akai 1731D I did not open it up but all works. I will probably replace those transistors with BC550C. I bougjht 100 transistors from Amazon for about $11. The transistor choice is recommend by other users. I would like to get the layout (photo) of the parts on a vero board. And...
  3. Mitchell

What tuners do you have ?

yes it tunes on 05 segments....still have to look for a switch if its there.
  4. Mitchell

Thank you for the reply have not been here in ages. Will look for a switch on the outside or inside (on schematic)
  5. Mitchell

Jonstigator's 2245 rebuild

I have a nad 4225. Works ok, the display says it it tuned (green light). But the freq display if off slightly. Channel is 107.1 but the display says 107.15. It sounds good. I am not stupid to turn pots but by touching slugs and pot with a srewdriver was wondering if the display will change for...
  6. Mitchell

I'm turning in my keys.

[ Sorry to see you go. But everything changes. I am on pain killers morphine and oxy for my feet. Things are getting better. I have audio hobbies. And still will fill mu bucket list. Good Luck.
  7. Mitchell

All sold out. I started with 300 transistors and made 15 sets. The sets were no more than 1%...

All sold out. I started with 300 transistors and made 15 sets. The sets were no more than 1% between any 2 transistors. I saved one set for myself.
  8. Mitchell

Anybody from the GTA (greater Toronto area)

I am from thje GTA near the airport. Would be nice to get a get together. But that is alot of work for the organizer. I seen a nice place for a get together inside a room in a craft brewery for 25 people. Cool Blue Brewery. U can see it on line. Yes there is a fee for the room.Booze permit is...
  9. Mitchell

I am old school for tuners Dynaco fm/af But I am leaning to a Nad 4220 as the nad seems a better choice
  10. Mitchell

Funny think my NAD also shows .05 on the display The actual station is 107.10 but it shows 107.15 Can that be fixed or is it normal?
  11. Mitchell

Akai opamp LD3141

How accurate are the resistor values you got out of the LD3141. I intend to use 1% metal film resistors.
  12. Mitchell

Akai opamp LD3141

13. Mitchell

AKAI 1731 belt size?

I got a Akai 1731D r2r from an estate. It looks like new. But it needs a belt. Does anyone know the dimensions of the belt? Locally a store near me has a few dozen flat rubber belts. If I am lucky to get one locally I will post it here. Mitchell. No need for belt at this time....the lever was...
  14. Mitchell

Its official YES there will be an 2012 fest !!!!

I agree AK Fest nothing comes close. I cannot justify a 10 hour ride to AXPONA from Toronto. RIP AKFEST. A fest in Windsor would be OK I guess?
  15. Mitchell

Wish for one last AK FEST

A grand finality is needed. Perhaps 3 days long.
  16. Mitchell

Wish for one last AK FEST

Wishing for another Fest since 2012....it was fantastic. Same place would be nice. I had the honor to attend the 2010 and 2012 Fest absolutely the best. Make another Fest and call it the LAST one. Perhaps one for 2018? I am wishing too much.
  17. Mitchell

Dynaco FM5 tuner opinions

Hold on to your Dynaco FM-5 or AF-6. Updatemydynaco.com and ME are working on a kit right now to improve your tuner. When it comes out I don't now. Development has just started. Personally I will also replace all caps that are not in the kit. I heard the AM section was never aligned so I will...
  18. Mitchell

Dynaco Pat-5 upgraded info for Shelly_d

This info is for you specifically. I used LME49710HA op amp in my Dynaco Pat-5. It is a high end audio HiFi opamp and is about $12 I think. It is a drop in part and the compensation in the old opamp (3) parts needs to be removed. This op amp has internal compensation. I cannot be happier after...
  19. Mitchell

2015 - can you hear me knocking....

Any time is good. Any year is good. Just I also agree to do it off season for hotel to give us a good price. And of course location is key. Where it was last two years was great(the best):banana: or perhaps closer to Port Huron? What kind of seed money are we talking about 1000's or 100's? And...
  20. Mitchell

used equipment review

good and so so idea Old used equipment from the 60's or so is great provided you are willing to upgrade it to modern standards. Example my Dynaco PAT5. I replaced all caps and used metal film resistors and the replacement op amp is up to high standards. It is my main pre-amp. Cannot be...
  21. Mitchell

Is Hotel California Highly Regarded or Not?

hotel and breakfast Yes it is and so is Breakfast in America. By Supertramp. If you were near me I would give you a free copy on vinyl. Got a few from a school.
  22. Mitchell

2014 is here- is ak fest happening???

2014 fest A 2014 fest could happen. It seems a fest happens every two years. 2010 and 2012 and maybe this year. Someone mentioned to take out Grumpy to lunch and suggest a fest with the SMAC. Now that is a possibility. And don't forget to get Grumpy real drunk so he does not know what he is...
  23. Mitchell

How about a 2014 AK Fest? Any chances?

It does say it all I look forward every year to go to the AK Fest. I only been to the 2010 and 2012. Ever since the 2010 I found it to be my kind of audio show. It is down to earth. No fancy exhibitors, just plain folks into high end at a reasonable cost. And best of all the people attending...
  24. Mitchell

Steve Jobs and Vinyl

Yup yup I heard that from a big boss once at work. He says you have to stab people in the back when climbing the ladder to the top.
  25. Mitchell

Steve Jobs and Vinyl

To my surprize I heard this on FM radio told by Alice Cooper. Steve Jobs was the the leader in digital music and be probably invented it. BUT when he went home he listened to vinyl. What does that tell you? Digital sucks?:yes:
Back
Top Bottom