Search results

1. R

LPGear FAIL

If someone comes on here to make defamatory statements against a small business who is not here to respond, they should at the very least back it up with proof when asked. I'm still waiting for a screen capture from paypal.
  2. R

LPGear FAIL

How dramatic. Chuckles. I'm saying until I see proof backing his case, I don't believe anything. That's what I mean by 'unsubstantiated.'
  3. R

LPGear FAIL

I was referring to the currently discussed 24-hr handling expectation... not the shenanigans the OP is involved with. Regarding that, I'd like to see a screen capture of his Paypal returns over the last 2 weeks. It's a common mistake that people expect to see a return post to their credit...
  4. R

LPGear FAIL

It's a fair point, although that scenario is not likely to play out often. I've never heard anything but extreme satisfaction from my customers and there is no shortage of them with many repeats, and I regularly push shipments out to 3 days (i.e., twice per week) as it's a necessity for keeping...
  5. R

LPGear FAIL

That's a prevailing (and humorous on some level) misconception a minority of buyers called "whiners" hold, also that reasonable consumers give their thoughts the time of day. You can't please all the people all the time. Most if not all retailers would love the ability to exclude difficult...
  6. R

LPGear FAIL

No. Chuckle.
  7. R

LPGear FAIL

Right, which is an industry standard.
  8. R

LPGear FAIL

Says me. Also, Ebay assumes a 3-day order processing time on sales. I shipped over 2,000 packages in 2013 and never received a complaint over my handling time. Of course, if you want to pay a $30 surcharge for an extra trip to the post office and additional hour of my time, that can be...
  9. R

LPGear FAIL

This is incorrect. The commonly accepted SLA for shipping should be 3 business days. But that is beside the point of course.
  10. R

LPGear FAIL

From my point of view, I wouldn't open a case and get too worked up over it after 5 business days. It's not great, but sometimes there are extenuating circumstances, and again, 5 days is not that long. Small operations sometimes have hiccups. It could be as simple as they are out of mailing...
  11. R

LPGear FAIL

Have you checked your Paypal account for the refund? I made this mistake once after returning something and checking my bank account statement while the return was of course done through Paypal.
  12. R

My 44 year old record

Not so bad, given that it's your own personal scurve on it. If I saw that at GW I'd call the fire dept.
  13. R

Bert Kaemphert???

I just gave about 15 of his albums to GW. Had they been in better condition, I would have kept some. I was unfamiliar with him when I bought them in a huge lot, so I asked the old man selling them (he was a retired DJ, well informed). He had very nice things to say. Ray Conniff on the other...
  14. R

My 44 year old record

Yikes. How about a landfill :banana:
  15. R

My 44 year old record

It says on the front cover, I think it reads 1949. Have to check that when I get home. Is 1948 when LPs starting being printed?
  16. R

Vinyl only spin list

That's a very nice jacket. Those are not easy to find.
  17. R

Vinyl only spin list

18. R

KISS works at Walmart

I recently picked up my first KISS albums. Their first five, original, EX-NM shrink with stickers, whole nine yards. The booklet in the live album was pristine, and it was an RL. A question came up immediately though, regarding the sound quality of Hotter than Hell. It sounds like they...
  19. R

KISS works at Walmart

I have many friends back home who see Peter Criss around town regularly. One of my buds has his autograph on a guest check from the local tavern. Another told me recently he ran into him at the Shop-Rite grocery store. He is a local and pretty much lives his life undisturbed.
  20. R

Minor Scroe Sony!

That's a perty one. What is a grant?
  21. R

Neil Young's Live at the Cellar Door pressing issue

That don't make no sense.
  22. R

Neil Young's Live at the Cellar Door pressing issue

Wait for that moment when he starts talking to the audience. You could be famous and he will never forget you! :banana:
  23. R

My 44 year old record

I recently sold a 10" Walt Disney's Snow White 33 rpm unbreakable (for a decent pile o' money) that was in beautiful condition, from around 1946. Hard to explain how it was found that way, given its age and being a children's record. Try and dig up a picture when I get home. It was a...
  24. R

vinyl lp eccentricity

I would have to disagree. Every manufacturing company uses statistical process control (SPC) to keep things running correctly; it more than pays for itself, also easy and inexpensive to implement and use. The fact that large companies like Capitol are regularly sending out warped records...
  25. R

What I learned on Craigslist

On craigslist, you pay the highest asking price on ebay, but you really save on the avoidance of shipping.
Back
Top Bottom