Search results

1. ig88

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

I bought some soundring aftermarkets , silvers and gold, they run really well. They had an older aftermarket and new types.
  2. ig88

Empire 3500TE

A renamed 2000T , you'll find the right info if you search for that instead.
  3. ig88

From memory I thought it was a bit like a 2000 E/3 and it was a bit fussy on preamps. Haven't got it set up at the moment, haven't tried it on my new amps.
  4. ig88

The stylus is the cartridge . The holders just a plastic bracket . I own one, hi output MC , haven't used it for a while.
  5. ig88

Just sold of my V15 Type IV with a band new jico he stylus. Bought myself an Orange practice amp and some pedals , my old pedal addiction has come back. I think the rest of the Shures will go soon .
  6. ig88

why copper plated chassis?

Pioneer cld-d99 laser disc /cd player , even the base is copper. CD player sounds great, copper in good shape, must have been treated.
  7. ig88

What would be the 'best' Sansui amplifier for sound quality?

Yeah there amazing how they pull a station.
  8. ig88

What would be the 'best' Sansui amplifier for sound quality?

I run a AU-D 707F Extra and a TU-S9 daily, I agree great sounding combo.
  9. ig88

Empire cartridge 4000/D3

Empires sound great with a conical , been running my BC-1 conical for months.
  10. ig88

Empire cartridge 4000/D3

Looks like it's probably a 2000 E or a 66X stylus, a conical. If it sounds that good it probably a 66X , not too far removed from a 4000 D .
  11. ig88

Nottingham Audio Tracer II (Excel ES-70 based) any info?

Ok interesting, should be nice.
  12. ig88

My EEI has the logo on the front, nothing on the top . And something I didn't notice before , looks like a total Exel custom cartridge for EEI .
  13. ig88

Is the cartridge shaped like the EX4 or the EX ?
  14. ig88

Yeah got a few 12, 14 , JVC 20X , Sansui 40X , because they were CD-4 , never happy with them until I heard the 15sa .
  15. ig88

Have you got a pic of the front and the logo ?
  16. ig88

I always thought they were bass shy , only the AT15Sa sounds right to me.
  17. ig88

I know Elite/ Townsend, had a relationship with The Garrott brothers, both Australians. And they were both tweaking Excel cartridges, might have had a hand in the design. Supply ?
  18. ig88

It's possible it's like an Elite version, I think they tweaked the stylus . Yeah EEI 700 boron black guard here's the spec https://www.vinylengine.com/library/townshend/eei-700.shtml I've got the 500 version parabolic stylus.
  19. ig88

Probably the EX4 , made by Excel, rebranded as Goldring and others . A CD4 4 channel cartridge, very nice sound. Also later brought out by Elite/Townsend, had his own rebranded range.
  20. ig88

Empire Cartridges Illustrated.......Yo Empire Pics

If 1971s correct it's a year younger than me.
  21. ig88

Empire Cartridges Illustrated.......Yo Empire Pics

Totally agree very enjoyable cartridge.
  22. ig88

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Been using the Douk P2, been great all-round, sockets and Chinese tubes are the weakness, changed the sockets, put some Wimas in ( only because I had some on hand) sounds better than it did, but stock is pretty good. Been trying different tubes, sockets are a bit fragile. Here's the board...
  23. ig88

Empire Thread of Inductance & Resistance for 2000 style bodies

These do a good job , easy to find on the bay .
  24. ig88

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

My Nobsound NS-04G Pro ran hard for hours, not even a bit warm to the touch .
  25. ig88

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

I ran a Nobsound NS-04G Pro with a Douk P2 Sound great together , valve sockets are the weak link . Swapped them out and put in some 1uf wimas , while I was in there. Run the P2 into a little Class A tube amplifier now, nice little combo.
Back
Top Bottom