Search results

1. grey_beard

Dayton Audio HTA100BT Initial Impressions

I'm still hoping to find someone else who has heard this amp. Anyone?
  2. grey_beard

Now I'm wondering if there is room in the box to do it internally. It's not too tight in there. I did check and there is no pot to adjust the VU meters. Oh well.
  3. grey_beard

Good ideas there, Lavane. I like how you think. I'll check for pots once I get inside this little bad boy. For headphones you're talking about taking the output from the speaker terminals on the amp and running that into a switch? I assume you meant to say, add a resistor to the headphone output...
  4. grey_beard

I decided to see how this budget hybrid amp performs on my desktop system in front of a pair of ADS L300s. The amp is listed at 50 wpc into 4 ohms which seems about right. The tube preamp is class AB so I figured for $165 (restock from Parts Express) I would take a flyer. Previously I was...
  5. grey_beard

JBL LSR305 vs 305p mkII vs Mackie MR524 vs Presonus Eris E5 + DAC with volume knob

So what did you end up going with and why? Any thoughts after a few months?
  6. grey_beard

Thank you Tom "Catrafter" Williams

Catrafter is the stuff of legend and set an example around here that has truly created a legacy. When I first came around I knew nothing, not even how to solder. Catrafter's help and reading through his many posts helping others has been absolutely indispensable. I find myself trying to mimic...
  7. grey_beard

2226B Low Volume & Distortion Both Channels

Here are a couple clues that may help someone more knowledgeable than myself. 1. It is the top of the sine wave that distorts. 2. It is both channels. 3. Sine looks clean coming of of the volume pot and into CE102. 4. 35V is present at JE25
  8. grey_beard

I freed the tone amp board by removing the interior faceplate under the exterior faceplate. This allows the pots the space they required to gain better access to the board. Now to figure out what needs to be replaced on here. Troubleshooting advice appreciated.
  9. grey_beard

Marantz PM 550DC - Sound/Output distortion?

Just came across this thread. Sorry no one jumped in to help. I'm currently troubleshooting a similar issue with distortion and low volume on both left and right channels. My system is a 2226B which has separate Main In and Pre Outs so I was able to narrow down the issue to the Tone / Preamp...
  10. grey_beard

I traced the signal to the Preamp board and it comes to the board clean and continues clean through the tone section. I don't think there's any more I can do without pulling the board.
  11. grey_beard

You nailed it. I went one selection past phono and used the AUX input which exits at J118 and J119. The wave is still pretty at this point. Now onto the Tone / Preamp Board. It looks like the AUX signal comes onto the board at JE01 and JE02. By tracing the wires I found a clean wave made it to...
  12. grey_beard

Measured 14.3V at J722 and 35.2V at J721 so those are both quite close. It seems like the next step would be to trace a sine wave. I've hooked up a wave to AUX and now need to trace it through the PHONO/SELECTOR board but I'm not sure which jumpers are the outputs on the Phono Amp / Selector...
  13. grey_beard

I have a 2226B that's new to me. It has low volume in both channels (and headphones) and distortion when the volume knob is turned up high (volume is still low through speakers and headphones). I've cleaned the pots and switched best I could without taking the board out and there's no...
  14. grey_beard

Looking for Subwoofer Recommendations

The sub is doing double duty as a home theater speaker which is where the more obvious need for db's down in the low 20hz's. Of course there's a heated argument to be had about optimal bass response for music playback, but I'll leave that to others. I just know what sounds sweet to my ears and...
  15. grey_beard

It ended up just being an issue with the resistor. Replaced and now it's up and running. Sounding beautiful!
  16. grey_beard

I got the sub home, played nicely for maybe 30 minutes, then it started making a static/crackling noise. Pulled the speaker and connected wires to another speaker, same noise. moved away from any other electronics, same noise. Pulled out the amp and the board is burnt around one of the...
  17. grey_beard

I'm going a bit over budget (Shocking, right?) and picking up the Britannia B2 today (thank you kwkshift for the link). Can't wait to hear it. Thank you everyone for your help. You definitely opened my eyes to a lot of great options.
  18. grey_beard

That SB-3000 looks like a nice piece of kit. I've got a bunch of receivers to sitting around. May be time to let some things go to up my sub budget some.
  19. grey_beard

Thanks for the thorough reply. The Jamo is bottom firing with a bottom port as well. It sounds nice but just really rolls off at 30hz and doesn't have the power or depth I'm looking for. I'm been looking at SVS but will check out HSU as well. Thanks again.
  20. grey_beard

Wow. That's a nice looking speaker.
  21. grey_beard

Here's my setup: Onkyo TX-NR696 - Receiver Panasonic DP-UB820K - 4k Blu Ray Braun L150's - Front L/R Jamo E8 - Sub Tannoy - Center Elac Debut 2.0 - Height Crappy JBL - Surrounds (soon to be replaced) =============================================== Current situation: I'm looking at the...
  22. grey_beard

Klipsch Subwoofer help please

Curious what you figured out with this as I'm dealing with a similar question.
  23. grey_beard

Sansui Cloth Surround Restoration?

Just happened to see this thread pop up today. I did this restoration a few years ago with good results using acetone and VintageAR. I measured the bass response of the speakers using a signal generator before and after. Before the Sansui's went silent at 45hz. YIKES! After removing and...
  24. grey_beard

2226B Power Switch Replacement

Thanks. I do have a message in to him to ask specifically about the switch he sells.
Back
Top Bottom