Search results

1. misterjones

Shure V-15 questions?

I recently installed a (perhaps 50 year-old) Shure V-15 Type II cartridge with the "VNI5E Bi-Radlal Elliptical Stylus" that came with it. I was quite surprised by the rich sound it provided. My Shure M97xE cart with either the JICO N97xE or Shure N97xE stylus sounds much thinner by comparison...
  2. misterjones

Azimuth>Should you care? And new gadget

Are we talking about azimuth looking at the headshell head-on, or the tonearm level? If the former, my turntable (like many fairly low-budget TTs, I suspect) does not have any way to correct the headshell's azimuth. I called Audio Technica about this issue with my AT-120LP-USB, and they...
  3. misterjones

Shure N97xe Replacement

I e-mailed JICO, and they said the tracking force should be 1.25g with the brush up. With the brush down it should be be 1.35-1.55g.
  4. misterjones

Shure N97xe Replacement

That is the problem - the tracking force is not stated anywhere on or in the box. All I saw at the website - there may be other areas I did not see - was a 1.25g tracking force. I suspect you are correct about the brush being up or down, since it is supposed to be a "copy" of the Shure. Yet...
  5. misterjones

Shure N97xe Replacement

Regarding the Jico N97xE (nude) replacement I bought, I'm initially pleased to say the shipping (from Japan to the U.S.) was quick. They admittedly are short-staffed, and it took them about a week to process the order (certainly nothing to get into a twist about). But once they did, the FedEx...
  6. misterjones

Shure N97xe Replacement

I ordered it a few days ago. I'll report back when I get it. I bought it directly from Jico in Japan. I'm not aware of any US sellers for the "nude" version.
  7. misterjones

Shure N97xe Replacement

Definitely "if ain't broke" . . . But I thought there might be something wrong with the cartridge itself because I often would get a buzzing sound when I handled the cart while trying to adjust the connections. Could the wires have been too close together or something along those lines...
  8. misterjones

Shure N97xe Replacement

I guess the M/N95xE equivalent would be the AT-VM95E, though I'd go with the nude version (AT-VM95EN). Anyone have any experience with these? I had some channel loss with my M97xE that often required me to play around with the connections. But I haven't had any issues in many months. I was...
  9. misterjones

Shure N97xe Replacement

I think I will give the Jico N97xE nude elliptical a try.
  10. misterjones

Shure N97xe Replacement

I assume the Shure n97xe was "bonded". Is there a "nude" (elliptical) equivalent, or at that point is one necessarily getting into nude microline territory like (I believe) the Jico SAS?
  11. misterjones

Shure N97xe Replacement

For many years, though likely not beyond its useful life, I have been using a Shure n97xe stylus with my Shure m97xe cart. (I hope I have the designations correct.) I was thinking of replacing the stylus with the best "after market" equivalent. Typically, I see suggested the Jico SAS. But I...
  12. misterjones

Odd (New) Double Thump Using an AT/Mono3/LP Cart

I suspect it was (and perhaps still is) a static electricity issue. After starting a record and getting the double pop twice, I decided to zap the record (on the mat) and the mono cart a few times with my Zerostat. No pops for the remainder of the record, nor on two or three records after...
  13. misterjones

Odd (New) Double Thump Using an AT/Mono3/LP Cart

I have been using an AT/Mono3/Cart with my AT-120 TT for at least two years now with no problem. Lately, at no particular point in the playing of an LP (any LP), I get this loud double thump (always about 1/2 seconds apart). The SQ I otherwise get is excellent. I originally thought it was some...
  14. misterjones

Can not balance Audio-Technica LP120X USB tonearm

I watched the video. A good refresher in that I think I've been ignoring a couple things I need to (re)check. The video states that the TT cover should be taken off when records are being played. I don't think I've ever heard that before. Is that necessary? If so, why? I thought the cover...
  15. misterjones

Oscar viewership down 19%.

Thanks for posting this. I found it relaxing (as opposed to feeling twisted inside waiting for the next piece of political vitriol or egotism). It's the kind of pleasant TV that's hard to find, and it would be nice if the modern Academy Awards provided a similar pleasant respite from the...
  16. misterjones

If You Could Go Back In Time To One Concert....

Benny Goodman, Carnegie Hall, 1938.
  17. misterjones

History Channel Vault

Ditto re Connections. I only saw a few episodes. Anyone know where it can be had? I'll have to check into that. EDIT - Looks like they might be on Youtube.
  18. misterjones

Anomalies/ blunders during a recording

He got that from Rashaan Roland Kirk:
  19. misterjones

The Shape of Water

There is no commentary on DVD for this film. Back it goes. I have no desire to see the movie again.
  20. misterjones

Anomalies/ blunders during a recording

Bob Dylan occasionally flubs lyrics on the track he decided to officially release. He doesn't seem to care if he otherwise likes the performance. In one case - Subterranean Homesick Blues - the lyrics went from "if you don't want to be a bum, you better not chew gum" (demo) to "if you don't...
  21. misterjones

ImportCDs - Oversize Item Split

That makes sense. I thought they might ship the CDs separately (even if still in the same package) to protect the box from breaking when the CDs shifted in the box during shipment. That happened to me once. The box and many of the CD cases were broken, and even one of the CDs was cracked...
  22. misterjones

Probably, but I want to buy the item directly through their website (about $10 cheaper), which is where they have the "Oversize Item Split" indication. I tried contacting them through their website, but I kept getting an error message. They sell the item on eBay, but they don't state anywhere...
  23. misterjones

I'm thinking of buying a large CD set from ImportCDs, and there is an indication that it is an "Oversize Item Split". I'm guessing that means they somehow split up the contents of the box to avoid damage during shipment. But that's just a wild guess. Anyone know for sure?
  24. misterjones

Hey...what was the very first movie you ever viewed?

Either The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm - Buddy Hackett's bones reassembling freaked me out! - or Fantasia - the marching broomsticks freaked me out! - or Jack the Giant KIller - the whole damn thing freaked me out!
  25. misterjones

Oscar viewership down 19%.

I miss watching it when I was a kid. I wish it was still like I remember . . . possibly through my rosebud-colored glasses.
Back
Top Bottom