1. skriefal

Happy Birthday skriefal!

Thanks!
  2. skriefal

Happy Birthday skriefal!

Thanks!
  3. skriefal

Sansui SR 1050C won't play at speed

I can't remember for certain but this model may use a small ball bearing at the bottom of the bearing well, with the platter spindle riding on top of that bearing. Is that ball bearing missing?
  4. skriefal

Here's What Some Seller's "VG+" Looks Like

Ah yes... one of the "mark everything as VG+ and hope the buyer doesn't listen to it within 45 days" sellers.
  5. skriefal

Happy Birthday skriefal!

And I hope for many more transits around that star!
  6. skriefal

What TV series irritated you the most when it was dropped?

Doctor Who (but it came back... 15 years later) Babylon 5 Firefly The Outer Limits (okay I wasn't alive at the time... but still...) Yeah... I know. Expand my horizons. Oh... and you can add Greg The Bunny to that list. :) And The Vicar of Dibley.
  7. skriefal

It’s never that easy is it?

That needle looks broken or bent. It's pushed upwards/inwards towards the cartridge. If it looked like that when you received it then contact the vendor for a replacement.
  8. skriefal

The hum is gone...The hum has gone away (VTA SP14)

The hum is gone is good. The thrill is gone isn't good. Guess you gotta Let The Good Times Roll. The experience with 117v versus 120(ish)v is one that I haven't heard before. We learn new things every day.
  9. skriefal

"Bliss" Stylii??

Ogura may still be making stylii in Japan.
  10. skriefal

Stanton 681 EE/E - LP Gear ViVid Line Stylus Review (with videos)

Yes. The 680 and 681 are the same cartridge.
  11. skriefal

Budgie manual

You can find the DIP switch settings here: https://web.archive.org/web/20150507033918/http://parksaudiollc.com/budgiepreamp.html If you're using the Budgie on its own (no SUT) then use the 'MM' column.
  12. skriefal

Utah AK Meet?

Saturday night @ 6ish.
  13. skriefal

Utah AK Meet?

Sure. I'll see you next weekend at the time we discussed earlier!
  14. skriefal

Anybody use a TKN22 stylus on a Signet TK7e?

Wow - quite a blast from the past there! I had a TK7E + ATN12S at one point - must have been about 8 or 9 years ago. :-) Also used it with an ATN140LC for a bit. I still have the TK7E in storage with a lightly-used OEM ATN15SA stylus for whenever I feel like pulling it out again.
  15. skriefal

Anybody use a TKN22 stylus on a Signet TK7e?

IIRC the TK7E requires the older AT15/AT20-type stylii. You'd need a TK7Ea to use the ATN440MLa, ATN140LC, ATN132Ep, or other similar stylii. Your best choice may be the old-stock TKN22, or perhaps LP Gear's ATN15VL.
  16. skriefal

Modern Stuff So Smart It's Stupid!!!

The only times that I've seen HDMI CEC (Control) work decently is in very simple systems with a TV and a small number of devices connected directly to the TV. If you add an A/V receiver, or an HDMI switch/splitter/repeater, or anything else into the loop then you'll probably need to turn off...
  17. skriefal

Is a Realistic R25EDT worth buying a new stylus for?

You can find the elliptical stylus here or here. The only M75-compatible hyperelliptical that I'm aware of is here for $90.
  18. skriefal

Heads-Up about eBay Global Shipping and old gear

A vinyl LP is a restricted item? Sorry... don't believe it. Vinyl collector in-residence at Pitney Bowes? What this thread tells me is - don't ship via the eBay Global Shipping Program if I care at all about the item that I'm shipping.
  19. skriefal

My Audio Journey

Now those are some "computer speakers"... ;)
  20. skriefal

RSD 4/2018 Is Out

Interested in the following - either picking them up myself or from someone else who can offer them: Tom Waits - Bawlers Tom Waits - Brawlers Tom Waits - Bastards Evanescence - Lost Whispers The Doors - The Matrix Part II David Bowie - Welcome To The Blackout (Live in London '78)
  21. skriefal

Looking for a phono stage

The Parks Audio Budgie is a nice choice for an affordable tube-based phono stage. It has highly-configurable input resistance settings for moving magnet cartridges but will need a step-up transformer for use with low-output MCs.
  22. skriefal

Acoustic Sounds, Analogue Productions, Quality Record Pressings

That seems like a reasonable offer to me.
  23. skriefal

Utah AK Meet?

A quick search shows only a few over the last year or year+ - M1chael (Ogden), glasswave, SPH, MinisterMarv. It's the land of limited audiophilia and limited beer. Craig Henriksen is also still around - but don't think he's a member here.
  24. skriefal

Utah AK Meet?

Of course. :-) Glad to see that there is still some activity in Utah. I don't check in as often as I once did... but am still interested in (trying to) keep up with the latest and greatest. Or with new members. Or both.
Back
Top Bottom