Search results

1. E

This Music Put A Spell On Me

and yes, if you like the song and decide to keep it, please support the musicians that bring us the gift of music by buying the album
  2. E

This Music Put A Spell On Me

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eodg9nktbl1heia/04%20-%20Dire%20Straits%20-%20Your%20Latest%20Tricks.flac The trumpet in the above FLAC file is very much the type of trumpet I'm seeking more of in my next music purchase. The ideal thing is if I could find like a 20 minute version of this exact...
  3. E

No Competition For Oppo BDP-103

i have the 103 going directly into a VTA ST-120 (60x2 watts) which is driving Martin Logan Monolith III (panels only), then the subwofer out is driving a separate solid state amp which drives a 12" sub. I'm using the built in active crossover of the 103. All with MIT's middle of the line...
  4. E

No Competition For Oppo BDP-103

I've completed my research and have concluded that no single component under $600 can do all of the following things in an all in one unit (and probably not even a combination of things); A) SACD & standard redbook CD B) Blue Ray C) FLAC 24/192 files stored on USB media (e.g. Thumb...
  5. E

Hi Res DSD & FLAC, Recommended Source

I'm pretty sure that what I want is available but I'm also pretty sure it's not in my price range. So I'll start there... $550.00 It needs a built in DAC of reasonable quality (i.e. better than what comes stock in a standard lap top...right?) My ideal source would be able to play the...
  6. E

Which Tube Amp Schematic Sounds Better

which schematic sounds best? I'm going to build a tube amp but I've been undecided... I've been back and forth between 1) a kit (I found several kits available) or 2) piece together on my own parts to build an amp from a proven schematic. I would do this point to point and I'd source...
  7. E

Does the Audio Signal exit the Grid ?

In the schematic below https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjj7xz205q5412h/PreAmpAnodeLoad.JPG I see where the audio signal that comes from the center pin of the RCA jack enters into the grid within the valve. But I don't see where that audio signal exits the grid to make a complete circuit. In other...
  8. E

75 Watt/Channel Monoblock Custom Amp

After reading more than the average beginner reads (I've bought four books & checked out 7 from Library...plus the internet), I realize that it may take a long time before I can custom design my own amplifier and build it (possibly years). That said however, I wanted to get your initial...
  9. E

Review: DIY P2P Scratch build project

http://r.ebay.com/dCVsBu have you watched these DVD's? What is your opinion of them? Do you think it will provide sufficient help for me to build my first tube amp? thanks, Eddie
  10. E

Point To Point, 100 Percent, No Kit

I'm not married to the ST70 so if I find good detailed instructions on a P2P build for mono blocks or any other amps I would build that. I do want it to work and I want to listen to it on my speakers so I need about 30 clean watts per channel.
  11. E

wow, it's pretty awesome that there's a group of folks like you all...willing to help and advice me like this. You're being rational and honest. I know that I might screw this up and suffer many headaches but I have my heart set on learning the profound lessons that come from this approach...
  12. E

How (where) can I get either instructions, diagrams, or teachings to assemble from scratch an ST70 ? What I mean is to not use a kit. Therefore, I myself would acquire the individual parts from any number of sources...Including, resistors, caps, chockes, transformers, chasis, sockets, and...
  13. E

Which ST70 Kit To Buy

what is the difference (as objectively as possible) between the following three kits; 1) http://www.tubes4hifi.com/ST70.htm 2) http://www.dynakitparts.com/dynakit-products/amplifier-kits/ST-70-KIT 3) < insert another kit option here that I'm not aware of > I've never owned a tube amp and...
  14. E

Tube amp topologies

if anyone ever finds or posts such diagrams (suggested above by Shelly_d) please please let me know it is exactly what I need to take me to the next step of learning, that'd diagram would be priceless. Especially if it was like a picture of the inside of an actual simple tube amp with arrows...
  15. E

Eddie here, are you a member of "Suncoast Audiophile Society" in Tampa? I just joined and I'll...

Eddie here, are you a member of "Suncoast Audiophile Society" in Tampa? I just joined and I'll be at this weeks meeting. I live in Wesley Chapel.
  16. E

Struggling To Get Started in Tube Amps

I've been reading and reading and searching and searching with no luck. I feel a bit overwhelmed and I need a minimalist basic primer with a diagram of the inside of a tube amp with each part described. I would very much love to build my first Tube Amp for home stereo but I'm struggling to...
  17. E

Eddie in Tampa Florida

Greetings ! I've been madly in love with high end home audio for about 28 years. About 16 years ago I finally started to piece together my dream system. I bought a Krell KSA-200 amp, then the best CD transport ever built by Yamaha and then I was financially forced to sell it before I could...
Back
Top Bottom