Search results

1. AudioCzar

Anyone Have A Clue To Removing This RCA Cable Clip?

The only metal on the plinth is the pictured small plate with the cable going thru it. I had to solder the new ground wire to a small board inside the plinth that had two other very, very fine wires soldered there as well. I think these other two wires went thru the tone arm. So I had to get the...
  2. AudioCzar

Geez, glad I asked. Wondered if anyone would have an answer? After looking at it and fiddling with it for another hour, I was concerned with the age of the plastic and it being possibly brittle. Checking both sides, I kinda figured it needed to be squeezed to release it. And since I was only...
  3. AudioCzar

Need to re do my ground on my old Denon deck. I had hoped to simply remove the old ground wire and thread a new one in place. This clip securing the RCA cables in place has me baffled as it is preventing a passage. It does say 5k-4 on it. My searching could not find anything on that either...
  4. AudioCzar

Testing Different Quality Cables With A Tuner

Took a while to find again. It made sense to me. The better the cable shielding and design, the better protecting from air wave reception, creating less reception. Question is, does the shielding work as well on other interference's that create noise to our systems? Found it interesting...
  5. AudioCzar

Testing Different Quality Cables With A Tuner

Good morning, I am in the middle of trying to solve noise (hum) at my turntable. Discovering I need to redo my ground hard wired to the deck, I watched a few Youtube videos on system noise. One of which was a guy that tested several different grades of wire with different shielding, and tested...
  6. AudioCzar

The Worst Kind Of Bad Ground......

I could not get continuity from the spade fork connector to the other end, soldered to the deck. I determined this 24ga wire was broken at the spade fork connection and I believe also at the section of wire that enters the back of the deck. The fitting it goes thru is tight, and I`m guessing the...
  7. AudioCzar

I`m finding a lot of `Tinned` stranded copper wire online. Would that matter compared to the copper stranded wire I am replacing?
  8. AudioCzar

What started off as a Humming problem last couple months, turned into a major humming problem as I could not figure out what the heck was the problem. Checked all my connections a few times, each time digging deeper. Finally unplugged everything and brought it to another amplifier I have set up...
  9. AudioCzar

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Oct 31, 2013
  10. AudioCzar

Is Placement Location Critical for SUT`s?

Yes. Have thought about this. Though limited with decent location options, I`m hoping to learn a bit about what in my system will create substantial noise. Right now I`m just hoping between the left side of my turntable and a wood cabinet with a subwoofer amp housed in it. Got to get off the...
  11. AudioCzar

Is Placement Location Critical for SUT`s?

Hello, Searched around the web and could not really find any answer to this. Maybe too basic a question? Does placing a Step Up Trans near a turntable, amp, receiver, or even power cords or outlet create noise thru the SUT? Hum? Buzz? Other? Is there a lesser of the listed evils? Or all bad...
  12. AudioCzar

Vintage Step Up Trans Performance?

Good morning, I was thinking of the same SUT. Can you tell me about your AU320 purchase? What components you are using it with? Maybe the condition/price? ebay? Seems the sellers from Japan are lacking in good descriptions and pictures to get a good read on condition.
  13. AudioCzar

Vintage Step Up Trans Performance?

Good morning, Simply, I was wondering if old SUT`s wear? Considering they were kept in good condition/environment. Do the windings, soldering points, or anything age with maybe a patina or corrosion that could change the performance? I mean is it at all crazy to buy a 40/50 year old SUT? Peace
  14. AudioCzar

Outdoor Subwoofer Connection To Seperate Subwoofer Amp

If I am only using the + and - `IN` on the woofer, it would not matter if it comes from the LEFT or RIGHT of the Sub Amp? Still hoping to get better low frequency.
  15. AudioCzar

Outdoor Subwoofer Connection To Seperate Subwoofer Amp

Howdy, I have a question of setting up a seaker system on my outdoor deck. Though I have had and enjoyed decent audio gear since high school (40+ years ago), I do not consider myself a very versed audiophile and pretty much 'wing it' from solving problems to purchasing equipment. I am hoping I...
  16. AudioCzar

Speaker Wire - How Long Is Too Long?

I want to wire up my outdoor deck. Just bought a pair of Denon DN-20510 Outdoor speakers and with the limited info in the instruction/pamphlet, it mentions not to exceed 35 ft wire length. I`m thinking one of them need about 50' and if I do a second pair, one of those will be at 65'. Do I have...
  17. AudioCzar

4 ohm Subwoofer To A 8 ohm Amp?

I`m looking to set up a sound system for my deck. I want to install a 10" or 12" subwoofer in the soffit of my house out of direct rain and snow. Since I can not find any outdoor made `In Wall/Ceiling` subs out there, I was thinking of using a Marine made sub? But they are all 4 ohms of course...
  18. AudioCzar

Gound Wire Gauge Importance?

Yes, I give a try cleaning up everything with the connections. Did it a year or so ago, but something might have changed. Thanks.
  19. AudioCzar

Gound Wire Gauge Importance?

Did a clean up / alignment adjustment of my turntable today. Been a while. But when I fired up my first album I noticed a moderate hum thru the speakers at volume (not sure if it was even there before?). I use a Emotiva preamp and I remember grounding the turntable to it as some members...
  20. AudioCzar

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

Looking for a wash solution to be used with hand brush and a Knosti spin clean type device, followed by a vac system. I started reading and searching this thread trying to find the OP`s recommended formula of products and quantities only to read he has left the forum. By any chance anyone have...
  21. AudioCzar

Home Made Cleaning Solution For Spin Clean Type Devise?

I have in my mind a particular way of cleaning some/most of my collection (or at least I have not seen another use this method before). I bought a while back a 3D printer RCM that connects to a small vac. Never used it because I didn't think the record would be cleaned good enough to vac out all...
  22. AudioCzar

Reputable Service Near Northeast PA and North NJ?

Any of you folks can recommend a good shop that does recapping in northern NJ or northeast PA? My Denon DP-40F , though still running good, I`m thinking I need to bite the bullet and get it serviced. Been a few years now since I took it to the authorized Denon Service Center in Denville, NJ...
  23. AudioCzar

Decided to go vintage

A bit over budget, but <<I`d research>> and consider this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Denon-DP-47F-Turntable-in-Immaculate-Condition-With-Original-Box/153189034686?hash=item23aac72abe:g:exIAAOSwtc9bpGVY:rk:56:pf:0 Among these others...
  24. AudioCzar

Needle Drop

Yes, I actually remember buying it for it`s features. This particular DENON had a small dial on the control panel that moves the tone arm accurately without any mechanical linkage. When I first saw it (in the early 80`s) I was blown away and had to have it. I just need to see if there is a way...
Back
Top Bottom