Search results

1. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

For sure, legends from the past, both the amp and the man.
  2. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

I didn't say they were all V-FET, just another few nice suggestions on top of the already mentioned TAN-8550, I'm well aware of the specs on these amps. You are one lucky man, I have a bit of everything and many to still be checked and overhauled at some point in time. My TA-N7B keeps serving...
  3. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

One top of the sweet V-FET amp already mentioned, depending on your taste, budget and determination, one could argue TA-N7(B), TA-N86(B), TA-N9 (if you can ever find one).
  4. Stoffie

Sony PS-X800 Owner's Manual

Thanks @Fishead, never expected any reply after 15 years but indeed available on Vinyl Engine for free. I have it digitally stored somewhere as well in any case, probably downloaded from VE at some point as well :biggrin:
  5. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

If only...:rflmao:
  6. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Lovely! 3 TA-N9's...where ever did you find these beauties ?
  7. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Absolutely lovely! Do you have any more up close pictures of that TA-N9 (I know you more than one, lucky man!) ? Did you ever write down some kind of review on those N9's, what they sound like compared to an N7 and such ?
  8. Stoffie

Sony APM Questions

Interesting to know there's a guy I can just drive to that can deal with APM repairs. Have not seen this guy's work contrary to the meticulous job Romain always does but sure beats having to send precious APM units overseas. Romain from Sound Oddity is currently developing a DIY surround kit and...
  9. Stoffie

Sony APM Questions

The 'fake' APM you are referring to is actually from an APM-66ES which I'd hardly call 'fake'. Those are a far cry from the cheaper made triple digit series which had the looks but not much of the high-end tech of the 'real' APM's. It's simply the last iteration of the APM development as you can...
  10. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Amazing, the rest of the stuff on and around the rack is nothing to be sniffed at either! Do you use those in an active setup or is it just a pretty picture :naughty:
  11. Stoffie

Sony DVP-NS900V - how do I play an SACD?

I tried the service menu realignment on mine a looong time ago (pre-2006) and it didn't fix any of the SACD and double layer DVD issues I was having. Back then I was able to source a new laser pickup and after installing that, it worked like a charm and has ever since.
  12. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Quite the motherload you got there, amazing! (not to mention the other great stuff I see, B-1, TA-E901, TA-E88, MX-10000, that elusive pair of N-9's, damn! Will those be serving a purpose or simply to restore and pass on ?
  13. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Nice! Such a cool deck! Mine works but has a very obnoxious hum, thus also needing attention.
  14. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Looks like a very tasteful setup!
  15. Stoffie

Help me with my Sony SS-G333ES speakers- Please.

I would indeed suggest to do as theophile advises, or maybe get in touch with Sound Oddity. R. seems to be able to repair just about any exotica and is a huge Sony lover himself. The surrounds on my SS-G333ES' woofers seems fine but definitely not rubber nor foam. Looks more like some sort of...
  16. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

So much good stuff in here! Sony vintage get sure has proven to be a good investment, judging by what they are asking for some pieces these days... I dragged some more speakers down out of storage today for a nice group pic :naughty:
  17. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

They are not ideally placed as I did not want to move the 32kg SS-G333ES out of their spots but have been listening quite some hours now and they are as good as I remember. Different than the SS-G333ES, a bit less analytical I guess, bass is less balanced and not so deep but overall still a very...
  18. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

After owning my SS-G4's for about 14 years and searching for the original tweeters on and off, I finally managed to get a working pair a while ago. The aftermarket tweeters (probably one of the previous owners blew them up) have been bothering me - mostly visually - for as long as I've had...
  19. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Wow, that looks simply stunning, with the wood cabinets :bowdown: So elegant...and great to hear they were cherished by the previous owner as well them sounding good to your ears. For sure some awesome high end 70's Sony gear! :music:
  20. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Good things are coming, those things will last another lifetime after their surgery!
  21. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Amen to that, maybe good to check with your tech what preventive and corrective maintenance has been done to this rare beast?
  22. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Nice partner for the TA-F6B! Pic of the two brothers would be nice!
  23. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Not to forget the fusible resistors!
  24. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

I mean have the pre and power amp had a revision? The power amp in its original form with the stock components can easily destroy itself and the almost unobtanium V-FETs.
  25. Stoffie

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Beautiful and pretty rare combo! Have they been attended to?
Back
Top Bottom