Search results

1. sprins

What about this ATMOS?

I don't have a preference for either format at all. The distinction can probably be made at the mixing table whereas the sound quality of the latest versions are probably identical. What bothers me more is availability the features on my receiver ;) Well, will have to wait till Q1 next year...
  2. sprins

What about this ATMOS?

DTS:X for the new Marantz series have been delayed to "early 2016". So for Denon it's the same then. Is there a working DTS:X implementation available from any receiver manufacturer at this point in time? I'm getting the impression that DTS is having a hard time actually getting X to work.
  3. sprins

What about this ATMOS?

I actually do have a working 6.1.4 Atmos setup. To answer the original question: yes, old DD content gets a surprisingly effective 3D upgrade with an Atmos receiver. Even stereo sound does, and pretty good too. I've read that all content should be able to be upmixed, however my Marantz AV7702mk2...
  4. sprins

When your friends know you too well lol

Such a cheap way to announce your birthday ;-)
  5. sprins

movie theater subwoofers???

I have this very same (vintage) Bose setup in my man cave. 25 hz +\- 3db 20 hz +\- 10db
  6. sprins

Favorite A/V Receiver "Mode" For 2-Channel Music

Well, on audio only media maybe not, but decent music DVDs or BlyRays (concerts but also video clips) remastered to 5.1 can have good added value and there are plenty of those.
  7. sprins

Favorite A/V Receiver "Mode" For 2-Channel Music

Multi Channel surround on my Marantz AVR. The DSP modes (PLII or DTS) don't tickle my fancy for music. For TV or other video they are great though. I do have very good center (and surround) units though (compared to the left/right ones) IMO.
  8. sprins

3.1 Thoughts

I'm sure there are speakers available that will please your wife's easthetics concerns. I'm convinced that the LRC setup is the most important component set, especially combined wih a good LFE sub. But when watching movies and TV (incl. YouTube and the likes) the surrounds add to the party. But...
  9. sprins

My Crown D150... when amps were built like brick s#$ and weighed even more!

It's a required attribute (literally 'an attribute without which it is not'). But by definition not necessarily enough. Meaning: a quality solid state amp is always heavy, but not all heavy solid state amps are of high quality.
  10. sprins

My Crown D150... when amps were built like brick s#$ and weighed even more!

Lack of weight on an amp from then does equal lack of quality. Weight in a solid state amp is a so called "conditio sine qua non". Today wih class D amps nobody knows...
  11. sprins

Here is a cookie....

Those are syrup waffles!
  12. sprins

Y-cable distortion

I believe this is an interesting read on the subject: http://www.rane.com/note109.html
  13. sprins

"The Hardest Working Man in Show Business"

You mean this set? http://youtu.be/VDTg-6CS_Wc It's the best.
  14. sprins

2 systems in unison?

Maybe you can get a 'blend' that is better than the two systems separately. Just like a good whiskey blend.
  15. sprins

Wife surprised me this morning w/ gear

That is a very nice looking amp! Have you turned it on already?
  16. sprins

Show us your PA gear!

I tidied up my home cinema set into one stereo rack (I hope it holds the weight...). Amps and DSP processor are PA gear. The mic/band mixer also, but I have yet to host a jam session.
  17. sprins

Tape Loop Question

LOL! OT: tape loop is better (signal is usually hotter). Lack of tape loop: stick it between pre/power. Your record input/output seems to be a tape loop.
  18. sprins

Show us your PA gear!

Just crank up the volume :thmbsp: Exactly
  19. sprins

Show us your PA gear!

There is an even easier (and cheaper) solution... :D
  20. sprins

Show us your PA gear!

The only drawback from pro gear in the living room are the noisy fans IMO. Unless you have convection cooled units of course.
  21. sprins

Show us your PA gear!

So far you win. How many truckloads can you fill with that? And how many people can you entertain with that?
  22. sprins

Show us your PA gear!

It sounds great. It is nearly new though. I have the corresponding 800 speakers from the seventies that go with it as well. And the proper Bose equalizer. That last one might need a recap, although the complete system sounds pretty awesome :banana:
  23. sprins

Show us your PA gear!

Talking about stopping the queen mary, I've got one of those:
  24. sprins

Show us your PA gear!

I have these puppies with a little 19" amp case for mobile entertainment:
  25. sprins

Let's see your unique Stereo Cabinets and Entertainment Centers!

When we redid the living room we had a drawer case built for books and stereo.
Back
Top Bottom