Search results

1. cortico

90's Parasound rig - Direct imput/Direct output question

I understand, thanks for explaining!
  2. cortico

90's Parasound rig - Direct imput/Direct output question

Hi, guys, I hope all is good. Recently, I have replaced my 70's Marantz system with Parasound separates, pretty solid and sweet sound rig. I noticed the Preamplifier (PL/D 2000) has two different input and out options. The manual says that the Normal output should be used for amplifiers that...
  3. cortico

Parasound HCA 2200II - idle current question

Thanks! On another note, The power on and standby LEDs on my HCA2200II amp don’t turn on, not sure if warning leds are working either, never saw them on. Regardless the annoyance the relays click in after a few seconds the power bottom is flipped into “on” position and the amp runs stable and...
  4. cortico

Parasound HCA 2200II - idle current question

Just checked the bias setting on this power amp. Both channels were set at 10mv across emitter resistors, the service manual calls out to set it at 20mv (+-2mv), no load, after the amp is running for 1/2 hour and then readjust after it's stabilized. I proceeded as per manual, noticed the...
  5. cortico

Parasound HCA 1200II bias setting

HI all, could you help me finding the service manual?
  6. cortico

Finished Model 1060 rebuilt - Nice!

Hi all! Here is an update on this project. Replaced a few SilmicII with Nichicon FG and added AMRG resistors on the preamp input as recommended here. Sounds a bit more balanced and smoother, low freq have a bit more presence and highs got a bit smoother... I think
  7. cortico

Question on preamp asymmetrical voltage

Thanks Tom, I’ll clean and check.
  8. cortico

Question on preamp asymmetrical voltage

I have been tracking down a slight lower volume on the right channel of a 1060, the power amp works fine with a different preamp. The dc voltage on J404 with is feed from J807 on power supply measure about 28.1V, then it splits asymmetrically: 14.5V via R429 to the right channel and 13.9V via...
  9. cortico

2215B repair and recap

Ok, still trying to bring the stereo light up. adjusting R302 on tuner board has no effect. The other inputs have good stereo sound and separation but on the tunner it’s mono only...
  10. cortico

2215B repair and recap

Thanks! On power supply, I replaced H806, H807 and H808 with UF4005 diodes, all resistors measured within tolerance. This may be normal but let me ask, before recap I notice a momentary buzz when the amp is powered on, it still does it after recap. It looks like in rush current charging the...
  11. cortico

2215B repair and recap

You got to love these, super easy to work on! I have ended up using a mix of Nichicon FG, KG for power supply filter and Elna SilmicII... sounds sweet!!
  12. cortico

2215B repair and recap

Hi guys, My friend asked me to take a look at his receiver, he complained about having distortion and low volume on the right channel on a otherwise super clean and good looking receiver. Besides the bad channel there is a momentary hum when amp is powered up, it seems like a power supply cap...
  13. cortico

Fixing and recapping a 2215B

ups sorry, mods please delete.
  14. cortico

Fixing and recapping a 2215B

15. cortico

Help troubleshooting low freq hum on one channel

Noted, is there a good coaxial signal wire recommendation?
  16. cortico

Essential restoration of phone and preamps cards for 1060 - 2230 - 2270 etc

Hi Mike, I thought that bumping up the cap voltage wouldn't affect the sound?! I remember bumping a couple 47uf 16v (C909-C910) up to 50V on my restoration :confused:
  17. cortico

Thanks for the direction, the covers are on. I will recheck cable routes and ground points. I was actually going to replace the transistors on preamp bard with a 2SC1815 bipolar transistors, I gathered that info here on the forum. Let's see...
  18. cortico

Hi all, One of my 1060s has a low volume low freq hum coming of the speaker on one channel only... I Noticed the following: -More noticeable when microphone in input selected -Volume and bass potentiometer all the way up. -The hum decreases when the bass is rotated down, not audible when set...
  19. cortico

Finished Model 1060 rebuilt - Nice!

I have completed my 1060 rebuilt, I consider this project successful, thanks to all the mentors at AK Marantz forum for their knowledge and kindness! Specially, rBucner for his guidance helping me finding 1 bad resistor and 2 bad transistors and also helped in other occasions. This one had the...
  20. cortico

Any tips for discerning between new and old capacitors on Marantz 1060?

Here are 2 photos of completely original Model 1060. Caps varied along production, but this should cover all bases... electrolytic should be Elna and the film Caps have Nissei or Yamato prints. You also find the typical ceramic disc, tantalum are small and glossy spheres and the polystyrene...
  21. cortico

1060, cap coupled sound

Thanks sx-70, this Model 1060 plays several hours daily since rebuilt. It is difficult to turn it off. I understood the importance of “burning in time”, there were noticeable changes throughout the process. It superseded all my expectations, sounds much better than the original without losing...
  22. cortico

Marantz 1060 recap parts list anyone?

The list above is great knowing what can be upgraded. The service manual can be downloaded at Hi-Fi Engine, It has the schematic dwg, full part list broken down by type and locations, also the board layouts which was very helpfull to plan the work. The transistors have modern substitutions...
  23. cortico

1060, cap coupled sound

Thank you! got it right. Also replaced the 450k ohm idle current pot with the 450ohm, it’s much easier to set now. All settings remain stable: Idle: 7.5mvdc DC balance: 29vdc 31.25ma (J715 and J716 to ground) I think I can hear diferences between bias settings from 7.5mvdc and 10mvdc. I had...
  24. cortico

1060, cap coupled sound

I have added UF4004 flyback diodes on this 1060, I was not sure if I got it oriented correctly.... cathode on (+) and the anode towards (-), right?
  25. cortico

1060, cap coupled sound

I am approaching the end of the project. This 1060 phono preamp sounded phenomenal even with the old caps. I started to replace the resistors and electrolytic, the plan is to replace it all and the tantalum too. As on the other boards the original films and polystyrene capacitors will stay. As...
Back
Top Bottom