Search results

1. reardonp6

Vintage Sub hook up question

I really feel stupid, but I’m not exactly sure how to hook this old Triad passive subwoofer to a vintage pioneer sa-6500 amp. Since there is only (2) sets of connectors, not 4, like I have had before in, R-L, in from the amp, then out R-L, back to the speakers. This sub only has 2 sets...
  2. reardonp6

I did'nt know this about Glen Campbell..did you?

For most of the 1960s, Glen Campbell's brilliant guitar playing was known only by a select few top recording studios and artists. Long before Glen became known nationally as an outstanding vocalist, actor and TV personality, he was one of the most in-demand recording studio guitarists in the...
  3. reardonp6

Inductor Coils for Boston Acoustic A150 Type 2. 1986

Does any one know the size inductors I need to purchase for this crossover. The ones in there are so full of some exoctic fungus I need to try to find new ones or clean used ones. Any suggestions would be appreciated. You would not believe the condition of this old board, never seen one worse...
  4. reardonp6

Akai GX-365 Help needed!

I have a question on a Akai Gx-365 tape deck. I have it opened up and I blew a capacitor on the system control p.c. Board it is a MP .47uf VAC, 250WV. Is the voltage value the same since it is VAC as a volt DC can I use a regular axial .47 uf, 250v cap in there? And has any one ever tried to get...
  5. reardonp6

Electro-Voice Aristrocrats How to Open them?

I just scored a nice pair of Electro-Voice Aristrocrat 12TRXB speakers. I have read about them, looked at the building plans etc. but I'll be darn if I can figure out how to get into them! I started at the bottom 6 screws but the bottom seems to be glued on, there is also a piece of what looks...
  6. reardonp6

Service for Lab 80 needed.

I need to have a Garrad Lab 80 seviced, any one know of some service places? Located in florida if possiable. Thanks.
  7. reardonp6

Thanks to Monad for a smooth sale!

Member Monad is a great guy to do business with, good packinf,good comunication just all around good transaction. You can trust him to do right by you.:banana:
  8. reardonp6

Need some R2R service in Wis. or Minn.

I need some help for a friend of mine with a Akai R2R model 1730D, He is visiting us over Christmas and needs to find a place to get his unit serviced,cleaned and new pinch roller back home in Wisconsin. He is about an hour from Minneapolois, Minnesota. any place near that you know of would be...
  9. reardonp6

Heathkit Test Gear, What to do with it!

I need some help! I have a friend who has the following Heathkit gear that her father a Elec. Engineer built and left her. I said I would take a look at it. All of the following have been well kept and are in near perfect shape on the out side. She has a box of replacement tubes for all this...
  10. reardonp6

DAC Teradak 3.1D NOS DAC with TDA1543

Has any one tried this Dac? I am on the verge of ordering one. Any input would be helpful. I'm not up on DAC's. I have a old MSB Links and a Monarchy DIP right now would this new one be much better? Thanks
  11. reardonp6

Need help with Pioneer rt-707 R2R

I just brought home a very nice one owner RT-707 Piooneer R2R. It along with over 100, 7 inch tapes. It sounds great, my problem is it needs some new lights and a new belt on the tape counter. I don't want to ship it. Does anyone know of someone who works on this type of vintage gear in the...
  12. reardonp6

Pioneer Reference A717 voltage input 110,120,220,240 Question?

I have a friend who has a Pioneer Reference A717. He says on the back there are input choices for a 110 line input 120,220 and 240 volts. He has a 220 line coming into his work shop he wants to know if he can somehow hooks the 220 line up to the amp will he get cleaner and more power than the...
  13. reardonp6

One of my best finds!

While I was looking around in one of my favorite thrift shops I almost overlooked these as they had stuff on top of them and they were way in the back. But for $10 for the pair....What a find..and you should here them .. all I can say is WOW. Power: Marantz 4270,Marantz...
  14. reardonp6

Need Help with CR-800

Hello, I need some help fixing my CR-800. Its on the bench, I have read most of the previous threads here and have become familiar with the unit. I have the service manual printed out. I have the tools I need. I just need some one to step me thru the testing to find out what’s wrong and how to...
  15. reardonp6

KLH 5’s damaged by FedEx, Ak’r-“Audiomagnate “ was a great seller!!!

I bought my dream pair of Klh 5’s from Kevin. They arrived and had been dropped by FedEx. The corners were non repairable. I took many pictures of the damage and notified Kevin of the damage it had sustained. He was heart broken, as was I, these were his baby’s very nice mint KLH5’s. Kevin...
  16. reardonp6

Thanks Derekva for a great packing job!!

I just received a Dynaco ST-70 Amp, I bought from Derek. I was a little apprehensive as it is being shipped from Washington State to central Florida. I had a real fear of breakage and not getting it in one piece. Derek made some great suggestions as to shipping. Well I just got the amp and...
  17. reardonp6

Orfoton Concord 30 Question?

I have a question. I have a wonderful JVC QL-A7 turntable. I have a an Onkyo A-10 amp, with MC/MM on Phono board. I have a Ortofon Concord 30 cartridge and a new Pro S stylus for it. My question is will this combo work well as a MC or a MM. What do you think will work best? Do I need to add to...
  18. reardonp6

2220 Crackle!Pop!Loud! I need some help.

I have been busy, trying to find what is making the very loud popping and crackling sounds when I turn on my Marantz 2220 amp,,even with the volume turned down. It only comes from the left side the right channel works as it should in all modes. I have checked. I replaced the 6 - 2sc458lg...
  19. reardonp6

Old Caps replacement on University Companion II,Question?

I have a question regarding re-cap of a old University Companion II speaker. There are two Caps: 1-(the smaller) is a 8MF non-polarized 50 volt soldered on both ends to the cap itself. 2- ( the larger) is 1.0MF 50 VDC , its large and polarized, wax coated General Inst.,LPT-52 Can I replace...
  20. reardonp6

I just got my first Sansui 5000x!!

I'm new to this forum, however I wanted to share my serial number for the data base: it is: 012050928. I also understand that some of this model had some boards that went up in flames. Can any one elaborate on that. I have not turned this unit on it is a one owner in mint condition. I am going...
  21. reardonp6

AV Pre-Amp Hook-up question?

I have just bought a pre-amp , my first, it’s a Denon AVP-5000, seems to work great, however I am not sure I know how to hook it up. It has no phono pre-amp which is what I really need. (I know I can’t pass up good deal). What I am trying to do ( since I can’t use it as a Phono -PreAmp) is...
  22. reardonp6

Square Cartridge in Round Tone Arm?

I have just bought a JVC-JLA20 turntable that I am restoring. It had a strange Ortofon Concord 30 cartridge (MC). I think it is broken as I cannot see the stylus, just a empty tube where the stylus would normally come out. My question is this, the connections for this round stylus in the head...
  23. reardonp6

Need Some help with Cartridges and Stylus

I'm just getting back into playing records again. I'm also new to AK. I have a Technics SL-D20, with a Pickering cartridge, ( I think it ts the original from 1983 sounds great to me) and a JVC QL-A7, with a Audio-Technica 1/2" CN-5625AL Cart. Both TT seem to be doing fine no hum no problems...
  24. reardonp6

Dim Bulb Tester Question!

I just built a dim bulb tester, I'm pretty sure I hooked everything up correctly, my question is how do I test it, without a shorted piece of equipment? I'm using a 60 w bulb, it does not burn brightly when somthing is pluged in, that is good, however it does not dim which it should do without a...
  25. reardonp6

Hi, from Leesburg, Fl

New member from Leesburg, Fl Hello, I’d just like to say how much I am enjoying Audiokarma, what a resource, WOW! I read it every day, and have learned so much in a short time. You might say I’ve caught the “find a deal” at garage sale bug. I’m not only looking and picking up some great buys...
Back
Top Bottom