Search results

1. captainclock

Someone Donated an old RCA Stereophonic New Orthophonic Console today at Goodwill

Um, I'm not the one that highjacked this thread and made it a conversation about how Goodwill and eBay have made it impossible for you guys to find "cheap" high end equipment, that was you and everyone else on here, I just posted this thread because I was hoping to see if anyone was going to...
  2. captainclock

Someone Donated an old RCA Stereophonic New Orthophonic Console today at Goodwill

I TOLD YOU, THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER WITH! DROP IT OR I'M REPORTING YOU!
  3. captainclock

NOS / NIB

I actually once found a truely NOS Belgian Waffle Maker from the 1970s that was still in its original box never opened at the Goodwill I work at, it was originally bought at L. S. Ayers for $40 (it still had its original price tag on it yet).
  4. captainclock

Radionics Machines? How hard are they to build from scratch?

Really? I didn't think of you as the pot smoking type.
  5. captainclock

Um, yeah again like I said you're comapring apples to oranges the 1970s is NOT like today and today is NOT like the 1970s, you have to remember that we just got out of a huge recession which ironically enough was caused by your generation because they got too greedy and wanted to build more...
  6. captainclock

exactly, or in my case I get it for free from friends who had the equipment sold to them or given to them to sell (like was the case with my Pioneer receiver), or buy the equipment second hand when it comes up at the flea market or thrift store or antique mall (which I've picked up numerous old...
  7. captainclock

Well that's the thing if they had their way I wouldn't have any collection of any sort. I have a record collection, a cassette tape collection, an 8-track tape collection, a watch collection, an antique radio collection (which consists of about 5 vintage and antique radios), and a small...
  8. captainclock

The post office wanted me to pay to ship the betamax vcr, I don't care what you say, but I did have to pay for the shipping of the item and the buyer didn't pay the shipping costs at all! which is why I just canceled the sale all together and just ended up selling the unit to a friend of mine...
  9. captainclock

Well the thing is that I would love to collect all sorts of vintage audio equipment (tube radios from the 1930s-1950s, stereo receivers from the tube era to the beginning of the solid state era, etc.) but I don't own my own place right now and my mom and sister would have my hide if they saw me...
  10. captainclock

I would but most of the stuff I want to sell I don't want to ship them because its too much of a hassle to go to the post office and buy boxes and hope the items will fit and then have to pay the shipping costs (even though technically the buyer is supposed to pay the shipping costs, you still...
  11. captainclock

I've actually got 2 consoles, one of them a 1941 Arlington (made by Wells-Gardner for some sort of department store chain) console that is AM/SW and has a fully Functioning Oak model 6666 78 RPM Only Record Changer, the second one is a mid 1950s vintage Grundig-Majestic Console that needs to be...
  12. captainclock

I'm not using ebay, I'm using facebook, which works like Craigslist, so there's no auction or "buy it now" feature, its just list your item and name your own price and hope someone bites.
  13. captainclock

Well The only thing is that I'm not trying to start anything with anyone here, I'm just trying to defend myself against people attacking me for something I can't help that's happening, I'm just posting what I see and don't see. And you know what, nobody even bothered to take notice of the fact...
  14. captainclock

Actually If you over price something and no one is willing to pay that price for that item, then yes that item IS going to sit around, Case in point I have listed several vintage items on facebook recently I listed 3 1920s vintage Art Deco Table Lamps that I had found at Goodwill for a couple of...
  15. captainclock

They still put records on the floor, when we get them in, but because Records are making a comeback people are holding onto their records and aren't donating them anymore (unless its crappy Lawrence Welk Records or Barry Manilow). Every Goodwill store I've ever been to has a large Selection of...
  16. captainclock

I was mainly posting this thread because I thought some of you guys would think it was kind of interesting that someone would of dropped off at Goodwill a late 1950s RCA Console Stereo and just left it outside in the rain, and but as far as mentioning that it was going to be sold online goes I...
  17. captainclock

ALL OF YOU ARE COMPLAINING! Go and read over your posts on here and you'll find that half the posts on here were about how you think that because websites like eBay and ShopGoodwill have come around your supply of cheap High End Audio Equipment has disappeared! If you don't call that complaining...
  18. captainclock

Yes but what I don't understand is why you guys are getting so upset over an old mid-end model RCA Console Stereo from 1958 with a Ceramic Cartridged Record Changer being sold online? Last I Checked half of you guys on here think that these old Consoles with the record Changers are crap anyways...
  19. captainclock

Yes, but that was back in the pre-internet days 1990s and earlier my friend, those good ol' days are already gone they were gone when eBay came into existence back in 2001, I'm sorry but its not really doing you any good to complain about not being able to find high end audio gear at places like...
  20. captainclock

Yes but you have to realize that "those good ol' days" were 20+ years ago sir, and times they are a changing, and a lot faster than you think! Now a days nobody even gets newspapers anymore, because they are considered a dinosaur (tell me when was the last time you had a newspaper delivered to...
  21. captainclock

I'm sorry but I highly doubt that you have any $1000+ stereo systems that you made by just picking up random components for $10 here and $20 there at Goodwill, because I know for a fact that even some of the equipment I've picked up at Goodwill or that people have given me over the years that I...
  22. captainclock

Yes, but do you really think that's all that great? I mean yeah you were getting your audio gear for only pennies on the dollar at places like the SA or GW prior to eBay or ShopGoodwill coming into existence but were you able to find out how much you could actually flip your "cheap buys" for...
  23. captainclock

Yes, exactly, its stuff like that that they sell on there, because in reality they could never sell high end audio equipment or really nice antique items in the store for what they're worth because the store is about having affordable merchandise that's accessible to the everyday shopper. Your...
  24. captainclock

Actually they do test the items before selling them and if the items don't work or if they have bad cords or if the items are chipped or cracked or what not they get sent back to the store that sent the items in and the store then sells them on the floor (or if the item is an electrical item...
Back
Top Bottom