Search results

1. loopstick

WW2 Refugees In Bolivia

I was reading a National Geographic article about Bolivia (March 1943) and the author kept mentioning the impact of refugees on travel etc. I wasn't aware that there was anything going on down there. So I googled it...
  2. loopstick

What Is Your Emoji Right Now?

This is a thread where there are NO RULES other than you have to use an emoji and nothing else. I'll kick this off with ... :)
  3. loopstick

Mystery Doc: Stranded / Mountains / Utah

10 to 15 years ago I'm on a business trip and watching cable TV in the hotel. I saw this documentary about these two college age kids, a boy and a girl, who were hiking near SLC (IIRC) in the mountains and were following alongside a creek to get out. They slid down a steep grade to a flat area...
  4. loopstick

Do You Hold A Pen Like This?

I see this once in a while and it looks like a kid with a crayon. So I grabbed a pen to see how I did it. Not this way.
  5. loopstick

Cool Animated WWII Europe Map

I know a lot about this and I especially like the way the kid who made it covers the sudden short-term events. Like Italy getting knocked out of the war, and the Germans saying "Not so fast". And at the very end you can see the Brits rushing across the North to slam the door on the Russians...
  6. loopstick

What Kind Of Canadian Accent Is This?

I was researching "telecine" and one poster in a discussion posted this video. The cute girl at 2:25? What accent is she doing? .
  7. loopstick

Singles Band Delivers Goods At Hippiefest

Never saw this before. .
  8. loopstick

Mystery Band "B1", Any Info?

I don't really own any media, I just stream radio stations. Mostly student / college radio. Tonight I happen to be listening to Radio Student - University of Zagreb - Croatia. Radio Student - Radio koji (ni)je za svakoga! They play a lot of Euro / UK stuff, 90's to today, that may not be...
  9. loopstick

Outlet Receptical Ground: Below/Above

I'll take a chance that this hasn't been polled before. My house built in the 1990s has all the outlet grounds below the slots (A). Except in the finished section of the basement. Those are above the slots (B). I'm guessing that the basement was done by a local electrician. I installed a new...
  10. loopstick

Whole House FM (Or AM) Transmitter

I haven't posted on Tuners in a million years (back in the JBL Guy Era). I just had my roof reshingled and instead of reinstalling my antenna and rotor back on the roof I put the antenna in the attic. Getting it through the closet trap door was like building a ship in a bottle. The antenna feeds...
  11. loopstick

Technics SA-550 Rear Panel Graphics - Battery Leak (solved)

I've done some lazy googling but could not find a pic that would help. Alkaline batteries leaked and ate some of the graphics. What did it used to say regarding the position of this switch? I cleaned up and neutralized all the leak with vinegar. Thanks in advance.
  12. loopstick

Buffalo Springfield On Mannix Tonight

It's perfect. It's 1967. It's Mannix. And he goes to this hippie disco thing and the band is Buffalo Springfield. It's on MeTV later tonight, 2:00 AM Eastern (Thurs). Those of you with TV antennas should have no trouble finding MeTV on one of the subchannels. https://www.metv.com/schedule/ And...
  13. loopstick

The Tragically Hip Live At The Misty Moon 1990

Set List: Crack My Spine Like a Whip She Didn't Know Highway Girl It's Just as Well Boots or Hearts Trickle Down Get Back Again Three Pistols Fight 38 Years Old Blow at High Dough I'll Believe In You (Or I'll Be Leaving You Tonight) New...
  14. loopstick

The Swarm of COVID-19

Not really looking for commentary. Just check this out: How the Virus Got Out Again, stow the comments. If you must chime in, please restrict your comments to access issues regarding the NYT site. Here are examples of useful comments: NYT has waived the pay gate for all Coronavirus related...
  15. loopstick

[SOLVED] BitTorrent in Plain English?

I just downloaded the Manjaro iso file so I could install it on my streaming PC. I'm on Linux, used Transmission, basically just clicked on the small .torrent file and downloading began. 2.7 GB. So while that's happening I go into the basement and do some work. I come back upstairs and the...
  16. loopstick

Snow Tires In Quebec

This isn't about politics. It's about a data point. Recently there was new law in Quebec that mandated snow tires during the winter. Real snow tires. So I was wondering if anyone was considering keeping them on all year? Supposedly they wear out faster in the warm months. But that might only be...
  17. loopstick

Happy Belated Birthday, Dingman

Best wishes on your special day, @Dingman
  18. loopstick

Altamont - 50th Anniversary

Somehow THIS came and went. Was anybody there? It's portrayed as the End of the Sixties, but it could be taken as the Beginning of the Seventies. "Hey - the Hells Angels just cold cocked the Starship guy!". Brian Jones. Was it cursed? Brian was at what was probably (IMHO) the coolest rock...
  19. loopstick

Don't Mess With Jim

I thought Dick Clark acted like a jerk when he interviewed Syd Barrett / The Pink Floyd. He treaded softly with Jim and The Doors: .
  20. loopstick

Chain Saw - 2 cycle vs battery?

I need a new chainsaw. Mostly tree branches. I might be able to fix my old one - the clutch doesn't engage any more (2 cycle). But I like the idea of a battery one. I use a chain saw on average a total of less than one hour per year. So which do you like better and why? If you like them both the...
  21. loopstick

Today's Goth Playlist

OK gang - I did a search. It looks like I have the honor of standing up AK's first Goth Playlist. The inspiration was suitably evil. An RIP thread. An icon of boiler plate boogie-woogie. So I listened to some of the tunes and began to wonder "What is the opposite of this kind of music?" .
  22. loopstick

Today's Garage Playlist

What is a garage band? It's kids who wanted to be The Beatles, then The Stones, then The Yardbirds, then ... Anyhoo it's The Sixties (or inspired by). The best description comes from the liner notes of the first CD re-issue of the original Nuggets. But I can't find them and may not have the CD...
  23. loopstick

Woodstock 50

Robert Plant AND Greta Van Zeppelin.
  24. loopstick

What You Did With Old Military Uniform?

Hey gang - I've always had this fantasy of shuffling down Main Street in the Memorial Day Parade in my old uniform. I lost 30 pounds and can easily lose another 10 or 15. But I just found out that if you're not an ex-lifer you can only wear your uniform for a short period of travel etc. after...
  25. loopstick

Great Bands That Will NEVER Be In The RRHOF

I think at this point we have a pretty good idea what gets in and what doesn't get in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland Ohio. It is what it is. I see Bon Jovi just got admitted. Well he's been there in spirit ever since day one. OK rant over - I'll kick it off: .
Back
Top Bottom