Search results

1. I

....... Mystery Power Amplifier ?

Hi. Okay, no worries. And, a Big Thank You to everyone for your very kind assistance - :D
  2. I

Damn! I think that it was a 416 :) I'm certain that the add on module pictured is the one. However, I cannot absolutely swear that the amp itself looked familiar to my mind's eye. And, to think that it was sold for $200.00. What is one of these things actually worth?
  3. I

Okay, just ran a quick search online and it's not the Dynaco 400 either :(
  4. I

Unfortunately, I did not buy it because someone had already put a deposit on it and the clerk at the shop wouldn't give it up despite the fact that I was willing to pay for it in full with a premium. It wasn't completely beaten up but was definitely vintage gear; I just cannot remember what is...
  5. I

Hi! And, thank. you very much for the reply, I do appreciate it. I am certain that it was not a power supply because each unit had its own respective power cord.
  6. I

Hello to All. It was a while back where I wandered into a pawn shop and came across a power amplifier which had an external module with which it operated. Upon asking, I was told that this companion unit was for providing additional capacitance. Was this all merely fantasy? Or, was I dreaming as...
  7. I

Reaching Out

Hello again. After having conducted some research online, I am really curious as to whether the Technics SB-L100, SB-L200, and SB-L300 series of speakers is somehow the equivalent to the SB-R1, SB-R2, SB-R3, & SB-R4 speaker series but simply their European counterpart models; In other words, the...
  8. I

Hello, and, I hope that all is well with you :) Can you please tell me if you still have a pair...

Hello, and, I hope that all is well with you :) Can you please tell me if you still have a pair of the Technics SB-R4 speakers? Thanx You Very Much for both your time and kind collaboration. In anticipation of your reply, Best Regards.
  9. I

Reaching Out

Thank You Hello Larsne. And, Thank You Very Much for having so kindly takenthe time to reply as well as provide me with this very valuable information. I can certainly empathize that it is virtually impossible to find any original drivers for this system. Despite the challenging circumstance, I...
  10. I

Reaching Out

Hi. And, Thanx for having taken the time to reply. Even if I were to seek a suitable replacement, I still will be requiring some technical specification so that I can much them up as closely as possible.
  11. I

Reaching Out

H e l p . . . .
  12. I

Reaching Out

Hello everyone. I'm relatively new here, but, have been lurking for quite some time....... I am in need of some assistance; Despite my financial woes, I was confronted with acquiring a pair of Technics SB-E100 Horn speakers. However, both the tweeters are gone and they need to be resconstructed...
  13. I

Hello, and, I hope that this message finds you with all being well :) Can you please tell me if...

Hello, and, I hope that this message finds you with all being well :) Can you please tell me if you have any information whatsoever with regards to the Technics SB-E100 or SB-E200 speaker system; I am attempting to rebuild the horn tweeters and have no details for them - impedence across the...
  14. I

Hello, and, I hope that this message finds you with all being well :) Can you please tell me if...

Hello, and, I hope that this message finds you with all being well :) Can you please tell me if you have any information whatsoever with regards to the Technics SB-E100 or SB-E200 speaker system; I am attempting to rebuild the horn tweeters and have no details for them - impedence across the...
  15. I

Technics SM-M1 Monitors

I am very flattered by all of those whom have taken the time to reply here. Given the fact that I am not the most technically astute in these matters, I take it that the 35 Hz to 35 KHz specifications are not necessarily "ideal" relative to other comparable systems; Unbeknownst to those whom...
  16. I

Technics SM-M1 Monitors

In having an opportunity to review the myriad of replies here, what strikes me most is the divirgent nature across the scope of feedback provided. Can it be that a pair of "monitors" which are supposed to be in an "elite" category of product from a well respected manufacturer (Technics) from...
  17. I

Technics SM-M1 Monitors

Interesting insight here, I do appreciate it. Can you please qualify as to why -10dB at 35 Hz is not good for such a speaker system? And, how does the actual weight (180 lbs.) impact this? Cheers!
  18. I

Technics SM-M1 Monitors

I was just reading an article online where the individual was outlining that during the same era of the SB-M1 monitors and the SE-A3 amplifier, some competiting companies to Technics of the time began introducing "super amps" - Any ideas as to what these were all about? Thanx :music:
  19. I

Technics SM-M1 Monitors

Hello. Yes, I did indeed verify that the speaker cables were not inverted. Thanx for the insight. What I'm more curious about now is whether I'm adequately driving these monitors with my Technics SE-A3
  20. I

Technics SM-M1 Monitors

Thanx Very Much for having taken the time to reply, I do appreciate it :) I was also told as well that, if anything, these speakers (monitors) should not be anemic in the bass department. I am using a Technics SE-A3 to drive these monsters and am wondering if it is sufficient enough - Anyone...
  21. I

Technics SM-M1 Monitors

Thanx Very Much for the link Larsne, it did prove to be very revealing :tresbon: I suppose this may even serve as some explanaion as to why the SB-E100 are even more efficient than the SB-M1's (95dB vs. 94 dB). After reading that thread I'd be really curious to pair these SB-E100's with a fairly...
  22. I

Technics SM-M1 Monitors

I suppose that the best approach here calls for some experimentation; The only practical issue is their sheer weight (180 lbs. + each......). I wish I could afford to purchase some Krell amps (but I'm out of work at the moment). Can you qualify what was meant by "horn" sound for the SB-E100's...
  23. I

Technics SM-M1 Monitors

Thanx Very Much for all of the insights folks :thmbsp: Belive it or not, my local repair guy just called me to ask if I'd be interested in a set of Technics SB-E100; These are supposed to be another set of serious speakers from their Linear Series and quite highly regarded. Any feedback on...
  24. I

Technics SM-M1 Monitors

As I've proceeded to indulge in more research, the development of these speakers is indeed very interesting as is the honeycomb panel technology employed.
  25. I

Technics SM-M1 Monitors

Any other amp recommendations other than my Technics SE-A3?
Back
Top Bottom