Search results

1. PureQuill

Advice dealing with tempo-challenge band mates

Timing...just like good pitch you either have it or don't. Just like people with poor pitch think they are singing or playing in tune because they simply don't hear a problem. They can't hear that they are flat or sharp or their instrument is way out of tune. I have had musicians tell me they...
  2. PureQuill

As I predicted

Absolutely the kindle has it advantage when it comes to convenience. I guarantee if I was a student I would damn sure prefer carrying a tablet in my backpack versus 6 textbooks.if I was a business traveler on the road all the time I would prefer the simple convenience. I own a kindle and they...
  3. PureQuill

As I predicted

$16 X 12 = $192 in 1 year with nothing to show for your money. Kind of seems like the musical equivalent of paying rent or leasing a car. That said the cost of Hi res streaming is an extremely good value. It can't be beat in terms of connivence or the almost endless ability to explore and...
  4. PureQuill

As I predicted

I just looked at several LP's That I bought new in 1976 that still have their price sticker on them, $5.99 Dept of Labor inflation calculator...$5.99 in June of 1976 adjusted for inflation is $31.83 as of March 2023. So $30-$35 is not really out of line because some record companies charged an...
  5. PureQuill

Considering setting up a lower-cost studio...

As to the OP’s Original question for gear recommendation. Any RME interface that you can afford and meets your needs. RME interfaces have outstanding converters and mic pres.near zero latency monitoring using the included Total Mix fix software, German engineering and best long term support in...
  6. PureQuill

There is an old saying “ it’s not the gear it’s the ears that make great recordings!” It’s
  7. PureQuill

Here is the best advise you are ever going to get. Trust me spend your money on a professional recording instead of recording gear you will thank me when you are done. $6K should be enough for a 5 song EP $10K you should be able to do a 10 song album if you are prepared. Take your studio budget...
  8. PureQuill

Acoustic guitar w/electric pick-up

Lots of good advice has been posted already so here is mine... Sign her up for lessons and ask the teacher if he knows of any quality used guitars? Chances are he knows of several because of students that have moved up to more advanced models or people that quit after a short period of time...
  9. PureQuill

Fultone to close after 30 years

10. PureQuill

Instruments that you like listening that sound good in your system

The sound of a Ramirez guitar classical guitar played by Christopher Parkening or Andres Segovia...
  11. PureQuill

Have you seen Ebay? Would you pay $3000 - 4000 for a Sansui 9090db?

I don't really care about eBay pricing let the market do its thing (Anyone want to buy a beeniebaby).... it's eBay now collecting my tax info and sending a 1099! Maybe that enters into the equation along with all of the sellers fees causing some of the increase we see. I have accumulated my gear...
  12. PureQuill

Anyone successfully file an insurance claim?

Nope and here is what I have learned.. You are not technically buying "insurance" neither the carriers or the shipping stores sell insurance. Insurance is regulated by each states "Department of Insurance" or the states "Insurance Commissioner" and they require business that sell insurance be...
  13. PureQuill

What is the best wah-wah pedal?

I 2nd the CAE 404 if you can't get a Wha tone/sound you like out of it....Well I don't know what to say other than you don't like wha pedals... https://www.jimdunlop.com/cae-wah/ Pro tip if you use a wha a lot no mater what brand because of the moving parts every brand wha pedalI have ever...
  14. PureQuill

Are physicians / educated laypeople amongst us? I got a question.

While I am not a professional I have had to educate myself about the various causes and treatment for "mental illness" So I could care for and advocate for a loved one who battled with this affliction and sadly lost her battle in 2010. After grieving I decided I wanted to do my part to help...
  15. PureQuill

The Pioneer "SPEC" Gear Thread!

The C-73 preamp looks very close to the SA 9500 and SA 9800 integrated amps Cheers PQ Nice resurrection of a zombie thread!
  16. PureQuill

Pioneer P-D70 parts help

Wonerderful resurrection of a zombie thread excellent info. I own one of these and I really like it but parts and someone to service them are beyond hard to find... Every tech I talked to told me ....It's an old CD player & not worth fixing..My advise just buy a new player. Luckily mine still...
  17. PureQuill

Reproduction Faceplates and Rack adaptors for Spec Gear...Yes/NO?

Vintage HIFI Audio LLC makes many different reproduction face plates for Marantz and Pioneer receivers they are excellent ,accurate, of high quality and affordable. To my knowledge there is no source for reproduction Pioneer Spec face plates or JR-101 available... A quick search of sold listings...
  18. PureQuill

Has the mid-80s stereo rack been replaced by the Bluetooth speaker?

Bose says the Acoustic wave radio replaced the BPC stack...LOL Cheers PQ
  19. PureQuill

Harman Kardon T60C random speed problem

Beautiful! I love what you did with the wood veneer and cartridge body. That cork mat ties it all together. Lovely Kenwood too. Very nice... My T-60 and T-65 are my favorite tables. My Thorens TD-166 MKII is going to need a lot of massaging to better them. I also have a Telefunken S600 with a...
  20. PureQuill

Harman Kardon T60C random speed problem

Good Job the T-60 when set up and running proper is a great TT at their price point. I love the auto lift feature and I have't had any speed issues yet with quartz on or off.(fingers crossed) Lets see some pictures! PQ
  21. PureQuill

Inexpensive Good Vintage Turntables?

I am a big fan of the Harmon Kardon "T" series. I own 3! The T -40 is a nice table and the T-60 & 65 are great tables. There is a T-40 on the bay at your price point needs a belt and cartridge. (They came with Ortofon OM-5 carts lots of used ones available) Looks to be all there including the...
  22. PureQuill

Has the mid-80s stereo rack been replaced by the Bluetooth speaker?

No BT speakers are not the modern day version of BPC stacks...BPC stacks were for people who cold not afford silver face stacks from the 70's or could not hear the difference... That said hard to beat bluetooth for convince...The sound from some of the BT speakers is impressive! But anything...
  23. PureQuill

Does anyone have a source for substitute or replacement Marantz push button switches?

Awesome thank you so much! Just the info I was a looking for. Cheer PQ
  24. PureQuill

Does anyone have a source for substitute or replacement Marantz push button switches?

Got to find the guts 1st....I would rather replace than repair if possible. PQ
  25. PureQuill

Damn this is a bummer sometimes photos are helpful…
Back
Top Bottom