Search results

1. A

AMP services Wellington FL

Has anyone heard from Tom Rappolt from AMP services recently?
  2. A

ELAC TAS 6 or 7 Headshell

Thank you for the response. I ended up with two TAS 6 and they fit exact not sure what they mean they are a bit lower. Works fine
  3. A

Elac 50H clicking

I finally have this Elac 50H II running well. Only issue is the clicking during auto start and stop. All the linkage on top is cleaned and regressed what did I miss. The linkage under the platter doesn’t move away from the tapered spindle sleeve/gear.
  4. A

Anyone talk to macman007 (Philip) recently BEWARE

Have any members talked to Philip Craig ( @macman007 ) or worse yet sent your tape deck to him in Hanover Pennsylvania for repair? He took in my Tandberg 6X for repair two years ago claimed he was working on it asked for 300.00 to complete the work and now will not return emails. I really...
  5. A

Elac 50H 120/50hz replacement possible

The first pic is the underside of the US parts 50H. The motor is removed with the three wires cut clear at the terminal board. The right and center wire connect to 120 mains the left brown wire connects to a large cap that feeds the speed selector. The German 50H mkII does not have this cap...
  6. A

Pulley does not come off easily. No set screw so need to apply heat or use a bearing puller. Not sure I want to do either risking damage to the motor.
  7. A

I have an Elac 50H II from West Germany that has a switchable 120/240 voltage switch with a 50Hz pulley. possible to replace this motor with a US version 120 volt with the correct 60hz pulley? I have a parts donor. Thanks for the help
  8. A

What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

Mahler Sym #1 Everest 2 track
  9. A

Anyone recognize these RCA tubes...only a few choices

Give them a little burn in time but you should notice a difference out of the box. Upscale audio sells a pair just shy of 300.00. Kevin loves the tube and has a write up about what to expect in the sound. Tube rolling is really more about the synergy with the gear speakers and other tubes in...
  10. A

Anyone recognize these RCA tubes...only a few choices

Same period but very different sound. Siemens made the E88CC A-Frames in the 1970's branded RCA and Siemens. The A-Frames are excellent tubes quiet and midrange like no other but with a very forward presentation. One of the best tubes to be had if you're ok with the presentation. Keep them and...
  11. A

Studer A812 brake bands

Did you try Audiohouse in Switzerland - will not be cheap. Check with Roger Ginsley in Canada, Studer service tech.
  12. A

Charles King's list of 2 track tapes?

Ask Charlie on Audionirvana forum He goes by Stellavox. The list may be on the AN site under the Reel sub-forum
  13. A

12AX7s: Here's a list of ones I have tried.

Tungsram 12AX7 NOS Tesla ECC803S The real Tesla Czech Republic Very rare but can be had
  14. A

Good McIntosh repair/restore business

Just south of you The Stereo Shop Hartford CT. I had some work done on an Mc-3500. Mcintosh dealer since the early days, good work and reasonable turnaround time.
  15. A

Techs

The Stereo Shop in Hartford CT. I had a little work done on an Mc-3500
  16. A

Tube Rolling among the Great's 12AX7

BB have the sweet holographic sound. I went one step further and grabbed a pair of Amperex labeled Electronics for Medicine 12AX7 & 12AU7. A really beautiful sounding tube and very clean on the top end but rare and expensive.
  17. A

Tube Rolling among the Great's 12AX7

Amperex over the RCA 12AX7 Black plates?? Thats a first. Amperex is a nice sounding tube but a little congested in the highs with difficult classical chamber music. RCA are silky smooth topend with tight deep bass to rival all the Euro tubes. On a side note - I see you mentioned Mullard 6C4...
  18. A

Tube Rolling And How To Bankrupt A Pig

That what tube rolling is all about. Enjoy
  19. A

Tube Rolling And How To Bankrupt A Pig

The GE and RCA black plates are hard to beat solid bass and liquid midrange, sound fantastic regardless the type of music you may like, keepers for sure. One last tube or two to try: Siemanns E88CC A-Frames I haven't heard any other tube sound similar to this one. Just alive and happening...
  20. A

12AX7s: Here's a list of ones I have tried.

Thanks for posting the pics. Don't think I have RCAs that have as grey of plates as the tung sols. Here's a pic of one of my favorite RCAs with goalpost getter. Yeah... it's always a thing differentiating the "goalpost" from "D" from square"... if only there were model numbers and serial...
  21. A

USB Cable Matter?

On what conclusion do you have for this statement?
  22. A

USB Cable Matter?

Just to muddy the water a little. I purchased a Light Harmonic 10G cable and replaced a generic printer cable. The Light Harmonic made a significant improvement. Holographic sound and much better clarity. Must more significant compared to IC and power cord improvements.
  23. A

USB Cable Matter?

I'm finding out the USB cables with the 5V power conductor insulated independently from the data have better sound. Some cables offer with or without power. Curious may be one of the cables but never purchased a Curious cable. Also read but cannot confirm from listening, conductor thickness has...
  24. A

Are you using a non-McIntosh preamp with your Mac power amp?

Thanks, located in NYC? Very sweet sound and the Lamm quite responsive to tube rolling. 2X Siemanns E88CC 2X Tesla ECC802S GEC 6X4 rectifier tube
  25. A

Are you using a non-McIntosh preamp with your Mac power amp?

Lamm LL2 Deluxe McIntosh Mc-3500's and Mc-225 Bi-amped configuration
Back
Top Bottom