Search results

1. phair

Anyone recognize these???

Tried writing on a tablet but it seemed to have a (demented) mind of it's own. They look a lot like the epi 400's with some reworked cosmetics. Need to see the drivers to be sure. The 400's had hook ups on the bottom and a woofer and tweeter on each side About 4' tall and 90# each if I remember.
  2. phair

Anyone recognize these???

Maybe a rework of rework cosmetics of a epi 400. Need of see rework drivers. Rework rework rework see a weight.
  3. phair

How to connect the same speakers to two different power amps?

Here's a photo of the Jamo speaker controller with A and B input on the left side.
  4. phair

How to connect the same speakers to two different power amps?

I have a Jamo speaker switching box that allows 2 input sources and 4 pairs of speaker out puts. This sounds like it should do what you're looking for.
  5. phair

Sound Studio speakers ????

Sound Studio was an early (1970's probably) hifi store in Delaware and maybe SE PA. They carried good stuff like Boston Acoustics, Macintosh, etc. This is a house brand speaker I'm sure. I doubt they would have sold junk given their target customer though I know nothing about these specific...
  6. phair

New to me RSL Towers -No Info Available

There's a picture of that up there as well..
  7. phair

Yes- I think you're right. Peerless are made in Denmark, correct? and it's got a Peerless tweeter. If you look at my second post with photos there is a photo of the mid ; looks like a funky coffee cup.
  8. phair

Well, the suggestions to call RSL were right on the money. I called ( actually to get an e-mail address) and Howard answered the phone . We had a nice chat; these speakers are RSL Alpha 3's, mid- late 70's He said the mids might be Audex, which are French, and I didn't remember that they have...
  9. phair

Well that's not what I wanted to hear! But you must admit, it looks great. I'll get the mids repaired and recap the xovers and see how it holds up.
  10. phair

Here's some additional pics of the x-over and the mids. The speakers in the back are Epicure 20+,, Linn Nexus, and some really nice home made bookshelf speakers. Thanks for the Rick Cobb recommendation; I think I've gotten stuff from him in the past.
  11. phair

Just picked up a pair of RogerSound Lab towers with no model number and I can't find a thing about them. Unusual with (1) 10" up-firing woofer, (1) 4" mid and (1) Peerless (?) tweeter, (1) rear facing port. (Need foams for the mids if anyone has any ideas). Really nice walnut veneer cases. About...
  12. phair

Who'd have thought

Someone (not me) is getting a deal. Who'd have thought to look in free stuff! Found on Phila. Craigslist © craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap (google map) (yahoo map) I was given these speakers and I have no use for them. They are way too big (almost five feet tall!) and are...
  13. phair

Speaker ID with tweeter mounted on top.

That was my thought as well but the joinery and veneering on the cabinets is really good and the x-over seems pretty exotic (to my ignorant eyes anyway). A nice addition to the weird speaker inventory. Pretty cheap fun.
  14. phair

Speaker ID with tweeter mounted on top.

Bought these bookshelf speakers and I have no idea what they are. The woofer is made by Monitor Audio, the tweeter is mounted on top of the box but I don't know what brand. The cabinetry, if it's homemade, is first rate and looks like it's similar to a Vienna Acoustics ( at least the pictures I...
  15. phair

Delphi speakers? What did I see?

I'm sitting listening to a set of Delphi speakers I bought a couple weeks ago. They are beautiful walnut cabinets with factory supplied steel stands that bolt to captive nuts mounted into the back of the speaker boxes, They weigh about 50# each and look very cool in a retro sort of way. Like...
  16. phair

Delphi Speakers

I just bought a pair of these this week. Haven't had a chance to do anything but get them in the house and take a quick peak. I got the speakers with the factory supplied stands in the original boxes. They are a handed speaker (ie. a left and right). They are well built and heavy; 50# a piece...
Back
Top Bottom