Search results

1. ccdowenye

Seeking Sansui AU-999 repair and upgrades

Wise words! Thank you
  2. ccdowenye

Seeking Sansui AU-999 repair and upgrades

Long time Lurker and occasional Poster and purchaser. I have a Sansui AU-999 that I feel needs service/upgrades on and I’m seeking someone that can perform repairs and upgrades. Specifically the Kevzep upgrades. Anyone that can perform these repairs on this otherwise beauty please feel free...
  3. ccdowenye

Harman Kardon 630 twin, no sound at all

Old thread I know but I’m curious if you ever found the issue? I too have a 630 that lights up but I get no sound at all.
  4. ccdowenye

best vintage Harman Kardon reciever?

Holy shit that’s a sexy beast!!
  5. ccdowenye

What is your occupation?

Retired Army Guy, also coffee and Weed Aficionado.
  6. ccdowenye

Who's listening online? And with what?

So after a few years of using the Amazon Dots (because of the convenience of the 3.5 Jack) I upgraded to a Node 2i and Node. System 1-Upgraded Dynaco ST120 Power Amp and Pat 4/ or HK 930 through upgraded Klipsch Fortes. System 2-Upgraded Dynaco ST120 power amp to Schitt DAC and Pat 5/or Sansui...
  7. ccdowenye

Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

Love the setup! I especially love those old HKs!
  8. ccdowenye

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

12/23/2013
  9. ccdowenye

How good is Dynaco 120 & Pat 4? Compared to receiver?

I have and thoroughly enjoy a worked on Dynaco 120 SS amp and PAT5 with Fortes and I think it sounds amazing.
  10. ccdowenye

CT Jim

Hello all! I recently had the pleasure of dealing with and buying from CT Jim. I initially wanted a HK Amp he was selling but missed out. But......he did have a re worked Dynaco ST 120 power amp, and a beautiful re worked Dynaco PAT5! After several conversations and questions answered I...
  11. ccdowenye

Budget receiver or integrated for klipsch heritage

I can confirm. The 930 and Fortes sounds lucious, warm, detailed and all around smooth.
  12. ccdowenye

Forte I

FWIW the Crites upgrades will make a serious difference and in my experience placement is critical. Good luck
  13. ccdowenye

I love my new Cornwalls

Absolutely love your set up!
  14. ccdowenye

My Hot Rodded Marantz 1060

Very nice clean modern look to it. Worth whatever you spent!
  15. ccdowenye

Harman/Kardon 930 Twinpower

Old thread I know but...... recently acquired a HK930 with wood case. Hooked it to a pair of Fortes and oh my! I love the looks and the sound is beautiful! I feel like it’s a special receiver and I prefer it to my Marantz 2235B. It sounds more alive, more detail and has more overall warmth. ymmv
  16. ccdowenye

Can someone explain the Klipsch “KG” series?

Imho the KG 3.2s are superior in sound. They are just great small speakers. Good luck
  17. ccdowenye

Scored a Pair of Chorus II's

I realize this is an old thread, but I’m wondering if Mr Dewick is still available and doing work on vintage HK receivers? I just picked up a 930-and would love to have it serviced and recapped. Anyone have his email? Thank you
  18. ccdowenye

Pics of your listening space

Oh man that’s clean!!!! Beautiful spot and gear
  19. ccdowenye

Sansui 8080 Reviews

Old thread I know. I’m from Michigan as well. I have a clean,serviced 8080 and it is an absolute beast! Have it running Klipsch Fortes. Awesome.
  20. ccdowenye

ccdoweyne is a great buyer and AKER

Kind words Eric, very much appreciated. Back at ya!
  21. ccdowenye

Stereocuuple is Awesome!

Recently had the pleasure of interacting with Stereocuuple through the purchase of his sweet Sansui AU&TU 999. He was awesome throughout the whole process. Excellent communication, very knowledgeable and very friendly. He packed the unit to survive the apocalypse and they arrived safe and...
  22. ccdowenye

Klipsch Forte I Room setup question

For what it’s worth..... Small room, carpeted, lots of soft furniture. I was listening to some Pink Floyd the other day and noticed that my Fortes didn’t quite sound right. I thought maybe it was the recording initially. But it was a high quality recording on my iPod. So I pulled them out...
  23. ccdowenye

Restoring uncle's Sansui 9090DB

As a happy owner of the 8080 and someone without the skills you (and other contributors have) I am simply amazed at what you have done with this receiver. It’s been so cool to watch your post and to see the video of this beast working! Kudos to you man.
  24. ccdowenye

Sansui in the house!

Wow!!
  25. ccdowenye

What CD Player Do You Use?

Marantz CD63E and an Onkyo 7030. (And a Playstaion1) I want to love Vinyl, and I do, and I have a couple TTs to use as the mood strikes me. But with 2 teenagers and always having some type of project to do thereby rarely ever being able to sit for more than a few minutes...... The...
Back
Top Bottom