Search results

1. snorrewiets

Marantz 2225 search for a selectorswitch

Is it possible to use a 2216 selectorswitch in a 2225? I know it is a 5 click switch as well.
  2. snorrewiets

Thank you for the tutorial. Regards, Ben.
  3. snorrewiets

Hello, I am looking for somebody to find me a selectorswitch ( AM,FM, Phono,Tape 2,Aux ) for a model Marantz 2225 or the axle. Axle is broken behind the knob. Regards, Ben.
  4. snorrewiets

B&W Owners Thread

You did a very nice job here. I have the same speakers and I am using them every day and enjoy them a lot. See my post: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/b-w-owners-thread.706916/page-9 Personally I think that they perform best on stands. I had bought them secondhand in Holland...
  5. snorrewiets

B&W Owners Thread

Nice find Montrecott ! What are the specs?
  6. snorrewiets

B&W Owners Thread

Congratulations with your DM 4's, they look very nice indeed. You are right these speakers performs best with vintage amps from around the same era. I enjoy my DM4's every day on my Superscope from 1976, the DM 4's are from 1978, the later series... Have fun with them.. :rockon: Ben.
  7. snorrewiets

What's British in your system?

Bowers & Wilkins DM4, still going strong... See also my article in the B&W owners thread... And I also have a Fox Terrier, does it count?
  8. snorrewiets

B&W Owners Thread

Sounds very good ! Enjoy them...
  9. snorrewiets

B&W Owners Thread

Nice find, montrecott, curious how they sound when repaired, please let us know.... How heavy are they? Are they two way ?
  10. snorrewiets

B&W Owners Thread

Thanks, they are connected to a Superscope R-1270 from 1976 ( see my avatar ) who share a lot of Marantz components, max. 35 Watts, which I think it is a good combination. :rockon:
  11. snorrewiets

B&W Owners Thread

Hello, mine were in not so nice condtion as well, a lot of scratches which I covered up by sanding it first and then use Howards Restore and Finsh... I had the same problem with the Coles supertweeters, they were replaced by some cheap Taiwanese tweeters 8 Ohms, while the original tweeters...
  12. snorrewiets

------Help--------B&W DM4 Tweeters NO SOUND

Because these speakers are over 40 years old, the cones of the woofers are hanging a little to one side, so the best solution is to take out the woofers and turn them 180 degrees to the other side, most of times the problem is solved then, also tighten the screws with an electric drill, because...
  13. snorrewiets

B&W Owners Thread

I have not seen many people here who owns a set with B&W DM 4. Well, I have and am very satisfied with them, it is amazing what these old type Bowers & Wilkins can perform. Design is from 1972, mine are produced late 1978, but still going strong. They are well balanced ,B&W woofer, a Celestion...
  14. snorrewiets

whats the best sounding "small" speaker you've ever heard

Without doubt Bowers & Wilkins (B&W) DM4 bookshelves with 8" Woofers and incredible tweeters and supertweeter. Design from 1972, but still going strong. 10-30 Watts 95 db at 1 meter. Some complain about bass, but if you place them very near a backwall ,you will be amazed. Extremely bright midrange.
  15. snorrewiets

Old vs new

I have found a time ago very nice Bowers & Wilkins DM 4 speakers, designed in 1972, mine are produced in 1978. They costed 90 Euro's,but the both supertweeters were replaced by some cheap Taiwanese tweeters, so I spend another 40 Euro's for replacing the Coles 4001 supertweeters, also found...
  16. snorrewiets

My B&W DM4's finally arrived

And where they DM 4 's as well or another type B&W ? I know they still make very fine speakers ....
  17. snorrewiets

Thanks Dswankey... :rockon:
  18. snorrewiets

For many times I have read articles about B&W DM4. A lot of satisfied owners also here on the forum. So I was very interested in these speakers. They were designed in 1972, so a long time ago. As domestic monitor, that's what DM stands for. A three way bookshelve , 10-30 Watts , with a DW 200/4...
  19. snorrewiets

Resistance Coles 4001 supertweeter

Hello I have purchased a set of B&W DM4 , which do not have the original Coles 4001 supertweeters, so I managed to buy on the internet some original Coles supertweeters,but I have found out that the resistors are 32 Ohms and the other one 38 Ohms, but I thought that itshould be 23 Ohms , am I...
  20. snorrewiets

Your favorite low power receivers

My vote goes to: Superscope R-1270, very nice warm sound , made by Marantz 35 WPC , and you get them for better prices as the ridiculous prices they now ask for Marantz. very nice looking model and my daily user.
  21. snorrewiets

Sulerscope R - 1280 blowing fuses

You can find the schematic for the R-1270 here: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/superscope/r-1270.shtml Create an account and you can download the schematic. Ben.
  22. snorrewiets

Sulerscope R - 1280 blowing fuses

I have a Superscope R-1270, your model is a later model and probably slightly different ,don't know why the fuses are blown. Schematic will be a little different, but you can find extra information here: http://audio-room.net/a-poor-mans-marantz-adjusting-a-superscope-r-1270/...
  23. snorrewiets

Some low power vintage receivers deserve more respect.

My daily used receiver is a Superscope R-1270, 35 WPC and as a brand with less respect, but it is a very fine receiver with lot of components inside the same as Marantz. Superscope was long time owner of Marantz untill 1980 Phillips took it over. To reduce costs Superscope receivers where not...
  24. snorrewiets

Best Vintage Stereo Receivers Under $250 average?

How about Superscope? Made by the engineers of Marantz,though some cheaper components and not made in Japan but in Taiwan. For myself I have a R-1270 in wooden case and 2x35 Watts, very satisfied. And you can buy them for a fraction of the price they ask for Marantz gear. And the same warm...
  25. snorrewiets

Your Favorite Middle-Range Receivers/Int Amps

I can second that, very nice receivers by Superscope.
Back
Top Bottom