Search results

1. artdecoradio

Question about az80 amp

I have an opportunity to buy an az80 which is missing some parts. One of the missing parts is the red plastic light bulb cover on the front. Does anyone make or sell these covers? Thanks
  2. artdecoradio

Fisher Power Switch Issue (Again!@##$$#$##@)

Thanks for the information and suggestions. I'm not sure what I'll do but I'll still keep my eye out for a junker set with a good switch (I know I know - the chances of finding one are 2-fold, namely (1) slim and (2) none but I'll keep looking.....) :)
  3. artdecoradio

Thanks for the good information. However, I sure wish that there was a reasonably-priced replacement for these switches. I wonder how many vintage Fisher units have had broken switches. I'd imagine that at least 30 - 50 percent of all Fisher 500s and 800s have or have had this problem (and...
  4. artdecoradio

So, around 2 years ago, I replaced the power switch/vol. control on my fully restored Fisher 500c with the only spare control that I had left. The switch/control seemed to work well when installed. So, I put it up on the shelf and decided that I wasn't going to use it for awhile and, as a...
  5. artdecoradio

12AX7/7591 Amp to Fender 5F6-A Bassman

I agree, it does look like a Cordovox accordion amp. Here is a picture of one that I used to own:
  6. artdecoradio

KLH 20 Power Cord Question

From what I understand, early versions of this unit had the power inlet (socket) and later versions had the cord hard-wired in place. I have a friend who has the same unit with the socket. I'll eventually open it up to see what's going on but, at this point, I was just wondering what other...
  7. artdecoradio

KLH 20 Power Cord Question

I picked up today a very nice KLH Model 20 unit complete with the KLH speakers and original box. But, the power cord is missing. There is a 3-prong socket for the cord in the side of the unit. I was just wondering what others have done to replace this cord. Also, I'm assuming that the...
  8. artdecoradio

Vintage mystery gear Omega electronics Phoenix AZ 1960-ish?

Those Omega units are exceptionally rare. I have both the amp and tuner. They were rescued from a dumpster. The amp is in near-mint original condition. Unfortunately, something very heavy was dropped on the tuner and damaged the cabinet. But, it's all there. I spent a great deal of time...
  9. artdecoradio

Question about Fisher 390 Receiver

Thanks for the information. Now I understand why the 250 and 400 sell for so much more than the 390. He wants $50 for it. Probably not a bad deal I guess (he mentioned that it works).
  10. artdecoradio

Question about Fisher 390 Receiver

Someone has offered me a Fisher 390 solid state receiver. I can't seem to find out much information about this unit. What are the main differences between the 390 and the Fisher 250 (T/TX)? They both have the "Tune-O-Matic" push-button "preset" units in them. However, it seems that the 250...
  11. artdecoradio

Unusual Early Pioneer Tube Receiver. Info.?

Thanks for the information! I must have missed that when I did my search. I still wonder what Pioneer's first receiver was. Could this one have been it?
  12. artdecoradio

Unusual Early Pioneer Tube Receiver. Info.?

I was at a very large estate sale last weekend and one of the women running the sale asked if I was looking for anything in particular and I told her "old electronics". She said that they had one "old radio" in a closet but they weren't going to sell it until the next "round" of the sale that...
  13. artdecoradio

Mystery Fisher Transformers (ID?)

I figured it out! Stumbling around on the internet, I found a parts list for a Fisher Consolette Model 610ST which is apparently where the transformers came from. Sorry for "jumping the gun" on this one! :) I already have a chassis for one of these units, as well as a complete unit in...
  14. artdecoradio

Mystery Fisher Transformers (ID?)

This weekend, I bought some electronic parts at an estate sale and there were 2 transformers in a box which both had a piece of tape on them that said "Fisher tube amp". I have no idea what they go to. There is a output transformer with the following numbers on it: "T-677-116C" and "1005004"...
  15. artdecoradio

Help me identify these tubes

Does Tube No. 1 have the word "FISHER" on it (it looks like it)? If so, it may be a Fisher-branded 12AX7 made by Telefunken (but I can't tell for sure from the picture).
  16. artdecoradio

Mystery tube amp - ID?

I don't have any more pictures right now (I'll try to get some). My friend did tell me that the tube sockets are attached using screws and not rivets. So, it might be a kit. I also thought that it might be a Masco but I haven't been able to find any Mascos online that look like this amp.
  17. artdecoradio

Mystery tube amp - ID?

HAHA very funny. Any of you guys have a serious answer regarding this amplifier?
  18. artdecoradio

Mystery tube amp - ID?

A friend of mine just found an interesting-looking tube amp and asked if I would post a picture of it to see if anyone knows who made it. It is quite small (around 8 inches long) and uses 3 tubes (one of which is an EL84). It has no markings, numbers, etc. on it other than those on the front...
  19. artdecoradio

So, what's the deal with 6CA4/EZ81 tubes? Poorly designed??

What is that?? A tube or a waffle-maker? ;)
  20. artdecoradio

Well, I've spoken to a couple of pro service techs here in town who also said that they've had problems with the 6CA4. My main experience with this tube involves the Magnavox quad-6V6 amps which use them. I've worked on more of these than I can remember. More than 50% of the time, the 6CA4s...
  21. artdecoradio

Actually, I'm glad that you mentioned this issue. I was going to mention it in my post but forgot. I've found that many of these shorted tubes do work when installed in amps. However, I'm still reluctant to use a tube that tests "shorted" in any expensive piece of equipment. But, this...
  22. artdecoradio

It seems like at least 60-70% of the 6CA4 rectifier tubes in amps and receivers which use these particular tubes are bad (shorted). I've even found shorts in NIB/NOS 6CA4s. A few months go, I purchased 8 NIB/NOS boxed 6CA4 tubes (Sylvania) at an estate sale and 3 out of the 8 were shorted...
  23. artdecoradio

Monster Tape Recorder and Matching Tube Amp - Worth Saving?

Actually, they are all Fisher tube consoles/record players waiting to be restored. :)
  24. artdecoradio

Well, I was just getting out the axe, screwdriver, and hammer to junk-out the transport unit (recorder) and now you guys are making me feel guilty about chopping it up. I received a message from a guy who told me that it's extremely rare, especially in the red-colored case. So, I thought...
  25. artdecoradio

I just purchased at a yard sale this weekend a massive Berlant Concertone tape recorder which weighs a TON (model number unknown) and a Berlant Concertone Recording Amplifier (Model BRX-P), both in matching red cases for $20. They are in good shape (a bit dirty) and here's some pictures...
Back
Top Bottom