Search results

1. mrtim6

Yamaha GT-2000X

Spun the UHQR of Kind of Blue 2 x 45rpm and AJA - certainly the best I have ever heard them.
  2. mrtim6

Recommended cartridges for Yamaha GT-2000

I’m currently running a Shelter 501 MK3 with a Jelco Headshell with adjustable azimuth
  3. mrtim6

Yamaha GT-2000X

Hi Mark here’s Johnny
  4. mrtim6

Yamaha GT-2000X

My YSA-1 requires maintenance so I’m using the competent YA-39
  5. mrtim6

Yamaha GT-2000X

After market YOP, Yamaha GTR-B rack (allegedly earthquake proof- I suspect it’s g some sort of dampening, and SRA Silent Running Audio vibration reduction platfor.
  6. mrtim6

Yamaha GT-2000X

After too long away from home living in rentals finally I’m in my own home with the big rig hooked up… GT-2000X with Yamaha YA-39 tonearm, Shelter 501 MK3, Klyne 7PX Phono stage into Yamaha AS-3000 integrated amp into Diatone DS-5000 OMG what I’ve been missing…
  7. mrtim6

The mystery of Diatone- can paper composite sound like boronized titanium?

Hi Matthew did you ever have luck finding those boronized titanium diaphragm drivers? I know Diatone are doing some interesting driver development in car audio with carbon nanotues and several types of resins called NCV1 quote from Diatone “Although it is a resin material, it has a high transfer...
  8. mrtim6

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

One pixel I have Mezzanine on vinyl less compression than the cd version, very dark and awesome album
  9. mrtim6

Yamaha GT-2000 Turntable Social Group

Hi Candyflip which voltage did you get?
  10. mrtim6

Diatone is back

Interesting, pity the Chinese are stealing Japanese designs.
  11. mrtim6

Diatone is back

Dsalling sorry for the late (3 years late) reply, i did not receive an alert for this thread. I do not have a supplier for replacement drivers as these speakers were manufactured in 1982. Your DS-505 were manufactured from 1980. The only thing you could try is open an account with hifido in...
  12. mrtim6

Yamaha NS-2000 impressions of a legend

There is some research on sound waves that suggest the higher as well as lower frequency’s outside of conventional accepted hearing ranges are felt. I said might contribute to the 3D sound picture. I’m not a sound engineer, I’m trying to share my impressions. The Diatones present a larger more...
  13. mrtim6

Yamaha NS-2000 impressions of a legend

I won’t be able to hear past 16000hz that’s for sure! I always wondered why the neighbours dogs barked at me, when I leave for work in the morning. I think some of the extreme frequencies are felt rather than heard especially with my older ears, this might contribute to the 3D sound sensation.
  14. mrtim6

Hi Mark- yes if I was to upgrade the platter, your copper one looks fantastic- it’s similar in aesthetics to some of those beautiful large Micro Seiki turntables. Unfortunately my GT2KX won’t be set up for another month. On another note, I’m very impressed with the YOP-1 clone experiments GT...
  15. mrtim6

I’ll be in touch soon great to hear you’re well and still contributing to this forum. I know a couple of members were asking about YOP-1 I stumbled across a Japanese YouTube video of a DIYer with GT2K which may be of interest.
  16. mrtim6

Hi Tekniknissen thanks for the great posts on your custom platter I have family who live in the...

Hi Tekniknissen thanks for the great posts on your custom platter I have family who live in the UK and wonder who you purchased the platter from and if you don’t mind sharing, what it cost? The reason I ask is I would love to do the same for my GT-2000X. Kind regards Tim
  17. mrtim6

Hi gang! My GT-2000X has been in storage since end 2019, fortunately I’m moving next month into a new house with a purpose built room for music. Hopefully I’ll be up and spinning in May (fingers crossed) I’m jonesing bad for some vinyl playback. I’ll post some photos & impressions of the big X...
  18. mrtim6

Thank you ateal I will do an update as soon as I set it up. The great news is one of the bedroom 4m wide 3m high 6 m long will be for the hifi gear so the GT-2000x will take pride of place along with my large Diatone DS-2000s
  19. mrtim6

Yamaha used the same hinge mechanism for the turntable dust cover on both turntables sorry unsure of the thickness however I think the GT-2000X dust cover was slightly thicker
  20. mrtim6

Good morning everyone- it’s been a while. My apologies for not updating the group in a while I’ve moved cities and unfortunately the GT-2000X is in storage until the end of the year :( One point that was mentioned by Poorbeek last year that he thought the finish of the GT-2000X was not great (I...
  21. mrtim6

Hi Ds2000, Very impressive speakers Your Victors and those lovely Sonys- I always wanted a pair...

Hi Ds2000, Very impressive speakers Your Victors and those lovely Sonys- I always wanted a pair myself. I own the Diatone DS5000 (87kg 4 way) I’m wondering if you have ever heard these giant beauties? Do you know if the Diatones and JVC Victor flagships sound similar? Warm greetings from...
  22. mrtim6

Although it looks like there is no dust cover in the above hifido ad I would enquire before purchase.
  23. mrtim6

Merry Christmas everyone I hope you all have a great time. For those with deep pockets here’s a GT-2000X with WE-407GT the price is decent as I was offered a WE-407GT for $3000 USD about 4 weeks ago so price for tonearm here is around $1100 USD as a GT-2000X runs around $5400...
  24. mrtim6

I still have the GT-2000X I’m moving so I had to rationalise.
Back
Top Bottom